Netflix: Carter

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I was under the impression this was a zombie movie. I'm not a big fan of zombie movies, but this is a South Korean movie, and I love South Korean movies. South Korea made the best zombie movie ever with Train to Busan.

So it starts out with reportage of a "DMZ virus" which is clearly a zombie virus. And there's this missing doctor and his daughter who he cured of the virus and they have gone missing. Everyone is out for the kid's blood because it can cure the virus.

Then the movie takes a huge dive. Some Korean guy named Carter (yes, you read that right) spends the next two+ hours fighting and killing 3,956 bad guys with knives, guns, and whatever is within reach, all while dodging forty-two million bullets.

During some of the stunts, the movie switches to some horrible CGI. Like when Carter is sliding down a cable between two buildings. The CGI is so bad it looks like a 1990s video game.

In other stunts, they obviously used wires and just to let you know how badly they used wires, they actually slowmo the action so you can see just how stupid the stunt looks.

While Carter is killing half the Korean peninsula (and everyone on the CIA payroll), he is protecting a little girl. Every Korean horror or action movies involves a little girl in peril. This is really a thing with them.

One and a half hours into this schlock, it finally turns into a zombie movie for a few minutes, and now Carter has to kill a couple dozen zombies. Then it's back to the show.

Long before that, I totally lost the plot. I remember it involved some kind of international intrigue but I can't for the life of me tell you even if I wanted to spoil this movie for you.

This movie can't be spoiled by me since the director and screenwriter already did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back