Tomahawk Trail

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Not a great western but notable for showing Chuck Connors in a leading role. He was cast too often as a baddie. He could have been the new Randolpg Scott,

He leads a cavalry troop through Indian country to an abandond fort. Its ok but nothing special with a weak script and sme poor acting.

Did he ever clear his name in Branded ?

"Last show of the series. McCord never proved that he wasn't the Coward of Bitter Creek."
Not sure which episode I would have to do some searching. He found the officer living in some back room in squalor never spent the money felt too guilty. I am not sure which episode it was. ell I am doing that now it may have been in the mission episodes but I don't have time to watch them.. You maybe correct though I might be remembering a different western .

Last edited:
Not a great western but notable for showing Chuck Connors in a leading role. He was cast too often as a baddie. He could have been the new Randolpg Scott,

He leads a cavalry troop through Indian country to an abandond fort. Its ok but nothing special with a weak script and sme poor acting.

Chuck Conners had an interesting carrier. Conners was basically an athlete. After he left high school, he played baseball and basketball for 2 years in college and then played professional basketball and baseball in the majors an minors. He ended up affiliated with the LA Dodgers. He was 32 and didn't see a future in sports so he decide he would try the movies. He had no formal training nor experience in acting but he made friends in the business which paid off. He got his first roll as a cop in the Tracey and Hepburn movie Pat and Mike from there he got many small parts and some costarring rolls and occasionally a lead. Usually he played the rancher, a cop or the bad guy. His career in TV paralleled the movies for over 40 years. In played in over 60 movies and over 130 television appearance.

A critic describe him as an actor that always gives an adequate to good performance but never wins awards yet is always in demand.

Chuck Conners had an interesting carrier. Conners was basically an athlete. After he left high school, he played baseball and basketball for 2 years in college and then played professional basketball and baseball in the majors an minors. He ended up affiliated with the LA Dodgers. He was 32 and didn't see a future in sports so he decide he would try the movies. He had no formal training nor experience in acting but he made friends in the business which paid off. He got his first roll as a cop in the Tracey and Hepburn movie Pat and Mike from there he got many small parts and some costarring rolls and occasionally a lead. Usually he played the rancher, a cop or the bad guy. His career in TV paralleled the movies for over 40 years. In played in over 60 movies and over 130 television appearance.

A critic describe him as an actor that always gives an adequate to good performance but never wins awards yet is always in demand.

Connors was the first professional basketball player to break a backboard. He did it during pre-game warm-ups before the Celtics' first home game of their inaugural season. He did it with a shot, not a slam dunk.

I don't find any information about his formal training in acting. Maybe he just learned by doing, a director's nightmare.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back