Nelson Mandela dead

They call peumonia the "Old man's friend, because it kills them quickly and painlessly"
Long overdue. Just goes to prove you can't fool mother nature, no matter how hard you try.

Like that crisp clear and beautiful May morning so long ago, the air so crystal clear you thought you could look up and see forever, when Angela the hairdresser (Born Angel) was in to pick up her estrogen and progesterone injections, (State Medicaid of course) blouse open down to the third button, copious black chest hair flowing over the exposed areas of the starkly white brassiere she (it) was wearing.

I remember the day he was released from prison. The first words out of his mouth were to thank the communist party of SA

CNN Live Event -- Streaming Now

Some of the quotes by that beautiful, soul, Nelson Mandela. He walked the walk and talked the talk. What a grand human-being and example for others to learn from.

1) "Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."

2) "It always seems impossible until it's done."

3) "If I had my time over I would do the same again. So would any man who dares call himself a man."

4) "I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles."

5) "Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."

6) "A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of."

7) "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

8) "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

9) "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

10) "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

11) "Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."

12) "Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front."

13) "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."

14) "I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days."

15) "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."

RIP Mr. Mandela in spite of the people kicking your corpse around for giggles.

Can we stop politicizing this man's death please? Geez. Why do people feel the need to make politics out of death? He's one of the iconic figures of the 20th Century, and all we can do is how it impacts us politically? For pete's sakes, knock it off.
"We" aren't politicizing Nelson Mandela's death, SOME SPECIFIC individuals are.

Name names Templar. Name names.

there is no need to disparage the guy. you may not agree with his politics, but the guy spent nearly half his life imprisoned for political reasons and he emerged into freedom and was a huge force for positive change, not only in his homeland, but around the world.

he is an inspiration.

Yes, let us instead celebrate the life and times of the superhuman man who strove for the betterment of all and served 27 years in prison, coming out, not with hatred and cynicism, rather to continue to smile and love.

Some of his thoughts here:

1) "Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."

TIMELINE: The life of Nelson Mandela

ON MANDELA: 'Everyone was in awe of him'

3) "If I had my time over I would do the same again. So would any man who dares call himself a man."

4) "I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles."

5) "Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."

6) "A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of."

7) "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

8) "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

9) "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

10) "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

11) "Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."

13) "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."

14) "I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days."

They call peumonia the "Old man's friend, because it kills them quickly and painlessly"
Long overdue. Just goes to prove you can't fool mother nature, no matter how hard you try.

Like that crisp clear and beautiful May morning so long ago, the air so crystal clear you thought you could look up and see forever, when Angela the hairdresser (Born Angel) was in to pick up her estrogen and progesterone injections, (State Medicaid of course) blouse open down to the third button, copious black chest hair flowing over the exposed areas of the starkly white brassiere she (it) was wearing.

It is amazing that Mandella lived to 95

I remember when he got out of prison he had serious health issues. For him to live another 30 years was amazing

Can we stop politicizing this man's death please? Geez. Why do people feel the need to make politics out of death? He's one of the iconic figures of the 20th Century, and all we can do is how it impacts us politically? For pete's sakes, knock it off.
"We" aren't politicizing Nelson Mandela's death, SOME SPECIFIC individuals are.

Name names Templar. Name names.

lol--I agree with Templar--and agree with you.

you seem to be from Atlanta--nice to meet you.

~~~

Yes, let us instead celebrate the life and times of the superhuman man who strove for the betterment of all and served 27 years in prison, coming out, not with hatred and cynicism, rather to continue to smile and love.

Some of his thoughts here:

TIMELINE: The life of Nelson Mandela

ON MANDELA: 'Everyone was in awe of him'

No hatred...but plenty of cynicism...

Rest in Peace, Nelson. You were a great, great, man.

What a legend... Libberhoids should be flying their gay-pride flags at half-mast....

"The ANC and its terrorist wing, founded and led by Mandela, were dominated by the Communist Party as well, and the influence goes back decades. "No major decision could be taken by the ANC without the concurrence and approval of the Central Committee of the South African Communist Party," former ANC and SACP leader Bartholomew Hlapane testified before the U.S. Congress before being executed by an assassin. Support from the communist terror regimes ruling China, Cuba, and the Soviet Union for Mandela, his ANC, and the SACP is also a matter of historical record."

New Evidence Shows Mandela Was Senior Communist Party Member

Warrior can't you take this stuff somewhere else? This is so disrespectful. You an NLT are beyond the pale in here.
I'd let his fellow RWers reprimand him if they will.

Otherwise I'd just let him rant and rave and put his full colors on display.

We shouldn't feed the trolls, particularly in a thread dedicated to the memory of such a great man.

Democratic and Free Society

"During my lifetime, I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons will live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for. But, my lord, if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die."

--April 1964, statement from the dock at the opening of his defense case in the Rivonia trial

Mandella was a modern day Moses freeing his people from oppression

Let my people go

Forum List

Back