Nelson Mandela dead

Mandela did something that few others in his circumstances would have done.

When given the opportunity he forgave his enemies.

As president Mandela had the power to extract reparations for what was done to himself and millions of others by the Apartheid regime.

But instead he forgave them and offered the hand of friendship and peace.

That is what Jesus would have done.

And that is why Mandela will always be remembered as a great man. He arose above and beyond the hatred. He reached out to his oppressors and embraced them. He treated them with respect as human beings.

Above all Mandela has shown us a way to overcome our own petty differences. We too can put the past aside and move forward together in friendship and peace.

There has been so much discussion of this--'forgiveness'.

He had a mission--wanted to do what he felt he should do.

His daughter doesn't think he followed 'one' particular set of beliefs.

I won't have time today to verify this--but I assume from every set of religious/spiritual beliefs--'reconciliation' is recognized as a way to move forward.

Terrible, unforgivable things have happened throughout history. If there is any way to do better--that makes sense to me.

Communist or not seems irrelevant. In fact, so is the fact that he is dead, and receives any recognition for anything. He was imprisoned as the leader of a armed insurrection against the government of South Africa. So have many Islamist Extremist been imprisoned for arming themselves in opposition to governments, including the USA.

The difference is that Mandela was a US Media Darling, and still is. Many advertisements were sold in papers and in TV telling, retelling, and retelling again Mandela's story, and with each public appearance, the media value grew. Presidents and celebrities wanted their pictures taken with Mandela.

I'm certain he was a nice fellow, but the Hyperventillating Media is sickening in their obvious desire to manufacture celebrity, and to capitalize on it.
What are you smoking dude?

Are you high?

Were I to judge whites by the same criteria they judge blacks....

Every "Founding Father" of America could be considered a piece of shit that deserved to be hanged.

Alas, I'm not blinded by racist hatred, and understand that slavery could not be abolished overnight. Thomas Jefferson, who not only owned slaves and was in love with a slave, TRIED to persuade many of the evils of slavery, and did in fact his part to end it.

So did many whites who were called ABOLITIONISTS.

So did many Civil War soldiers give their lives in what ended up helping to end slavery.

But I don't go around saying Jefferson was a piece of shit that should've been hanged because he owned slaves.

ALTHOUGH I VERY EASILY COULD.

But look at how you talk about Mandela, and Dr. King. Who were the ones being oppressed.

DIG IT!

KING!
Truer words haven't been posted.

Imagine what they say about Brother Minister Malcolm-X.

As a candidate for Sainthood, Mandela might be the only man who could beat out Obama or Martin Luther King in a head to head vote.

As a candidate for Sainthood, Mandela might be the only man who could beat out Obama or Martin Luther King in a head to head vote.
Saint Barack? I don't think Obama will get a sainthood for making peace with the Taliban. The US president is currently on the road to eternal damnation. :evil:

No, President Obama needs his soul saving and I know just the angel of the Lord who can do that for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MHHjP7XrBq0]Woolies and Soweto Gospel Choir: Madiba Tribute - YouTube[/ame]​

Communist or not seems irrelevant. In fact, so is the fact that he is dead, and receives any recognition for anything. He was imprisoned as the leader of a armed insurrection against the government of South Africa. So have many Islamist Extremist been imprisoned for arming themselves in opposition to governments, including the USA.

The difference is that Mandela was a US Media Darling, and still is. Many advertisements were sold in papers and in TV telling, retelling, and retelling again Mandela's story, and with each public appearance, the media value grew. Presidents and celebrities wanted their pictures taken with Mandela.

I'm certain he was a nice fellow, but the Hyperventillating Media is sickening in their obvious desire to manufacture celebrity, and to capitalize on it.

:eusa_eh: 1%.​

I'd take 1%.

If when 95 I reach, I get 1% of the turn out that Mandela had for his funeral, I'll die a happy, satisfied Monkey.

:eusa_think: He's really going to skew the theory that the older you die the less traffic you get at your funeral...​

There was a double rainbow in the sky ? yesterday.

I wish South Africa well. It sounds like much more needs to be done.

There was a double rainbow in the sky ? yesterday.

I wish South Africa well. It sounds like much more needs to be done.

rainbow-nation.jpg

4754953846_4b4a019b69_z.jpg

Forum List

Back