Neil Young Pulls Catalog from Spotify

You are not one with room to talk, so I will ignore it.
Since i minored in political science 50 years ago during my university years, right.

You are too manifestly ignorant to have even heard of John Stuart Mull or John Rawls, much less having read them.

Neil Young never demanded that Spotify remove Rogan:

Young started the scuffle when he posted a letter to his website Monday, addressed to his manager and an executive at his record label, demanding that his music catalogue be removed from Spotify in response to “fake information about vaccines.”

Specifically, Young cited Joe Rogan — who hosts “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast — and has suggested healthy, young people shouldn’t get vaccinated. After catching the coronavirus, Rogan also praised ivermectin, a medicine used to kill parasites in animals and humans that has no proven anti-viral benefits. “I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he wrote. “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

The speed of Spotify’s decision to sideline Young was jarring. So why did the company do it?

The answer is simple: This isn’t really a story about Rogan or Young. It’s a story about Spotify. And, despite public perception, Spotify isn’t a music company. It’s a tech company looking to maximize profits.

His beef was with Spotify, not Rogan.

Last edited:
He has every right to do so if he wishes. It is odd that a music streaming service would choose a podcast over a music artist, but I guess they see more money in Joe Rogan than Neil Young. But if other artists follow his lead? Customers are already cancelling in droves.

Spotify didnt "choose" anything. Neil Young pulled his music himself.

Neil Young never demanded that Spotify remove Rogan:

Young started the scuffle when he posted a letter to his website Monday, addressed to his manager and an executive at his record label, demanding that his music catalogue be removed from Spotify in response to “fake information about vaccines.”

Specifically, Young cited Joe Rogan — who hosts “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast — and has suggested healthy, young people shouldn’t get vaccinated. After catching the coronavirus, Rogan also praised ivermectin, a medicine used to kill parasites in animals and humans that has no proven anti-viral benefits. “I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he wrote. “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

The speed of Spotify’s decision to sideline Young was jarring. So why did the company do it?

The answer is simple: This isn’t really a story about Rogan or Young. It’s a story about Spotify. And, despite public perception, Spotify isn’t a music company. It’s a tech company looking to maximize profits.

His beef was with Spotify, not Rogan.
Okay but that doesn’t mean he isn’t still an idiot (like you). Are you an old hippie gone awry? Are you an authoritarian like Young?

It’s worth paying attention to just how disordered Mr. Young’s thinking is because it summarizes everything that has gone awry on the political Left: He is wrong two ways: 1) morally, and 2) on the facts of the matter — which is as wrong as you can be. Like virtually everyone on the Democratic Party / Woke / Progressive axis, he is obviously in favor of suppressing free speech. Since when did that become okay for old hippies?
Old Man, Look at Your Life…. - LewRockwell

Last edited:
At the height of the AIDS frenzy, during an interview with Melodie Baker in 1985, Neil Young said:

“You go to a supermarket and you see a faggot behind the fucking cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”

Fact check me, lefties.

He has every right to do so if he wishes. It is odd that a music streaming service would choose a podcast over a music artist, but I guess they see more money in Joe Rogan than Neil Young. But if other artists follow his lead? Customers are already cancelling in droves.

Spotify's chairman was on CNBC this morning while I was doing cardio. It was very depressing. He baldly said it was about profits. Spotify's intention is to spread disinformation to gain viewership. I'm sure my daughter will keep her account, but I can still buy a radio for walking.

neil.jpeg

Forum List

Back