Need ideas for a remote wi-fi antennae

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
At work we have a new storage location in a HUGE warehouse building and part of it is out of effective wi-fi range.

In my mind I am imagining a piece of equipment which I figure exists but I can't find it.

It is an antennae which I can mount to the other side of a wall where there is wi-fi and connect to a 30 or so foot cable to our PC and get the signal.

Doing this ourselves would be quicker than having the landlord install a repeater which may end up being necessary if this "wi-fi extended antenna" does not exist.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You think a booster or repeater is the way to go then. I have used one before. It was several years ago though and I was not super impressed with the speed. Will try again if nothing else comes up though for sure!

It has to be a repeater. A good size tower would also help. Some guys will network together in the sticks and bounce of each other towers to a T-1 or cable broadband.

Things to remember when setting up a home wi-fi network...

Setting up home Wi-Fi? 7 things to remember
November 03,2015
Wi-Fi has become the new buzzword in today's homes, courtesy tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. Not only does the technology let you break away from wires, but it also allows different users to share a single internet connection.

So if you’re wondering about how you can go wireless at home, read on...

Forum List

Back