Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California

Now, the fact is Welfare as you suggests is no longer generous in CA. When President Clinton signed welfare reform which eliminated AFDC, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Eliminated 'welfare queens", and required those who receive aid to work or engage in a program to develop skills to secure employment.

Do try to keep up, welfare as you suggest disappeared in CA over two decades ago.

Try to keep up with "current" events. Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's Stimulus Program eliminated all the incentives to work in the Newt Gingrich 1996 Welfare Reform Act.

LOL. Don't try to bullshit those of us who saw history as current events.

No, I am interested in the weather, but San Francisco's climate is only ONE climate in California.

Have fun trolling others, because you are making yourself look like a fool. California is a federal tax donor state, do you know what that means? They put more into federal taxes than they pay out in benefits.

Your last statement shows just how truly ignorant you are, and I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the reasons why just for you NOT to read it. If you are this ignorant about homelessness this late in life, there is a very high probability you never will get it.
Yes, take your jacks, little girl, and run along home. I lived in the Bay Area for decades. My daughter and son in law lived and worked there.
My son worked as a political consultant next to city hall there. My long time school friend worked undercover in the SFPD (the center of a massive corruption case, btw).

I went to school there.There's nothing you can tell me about it I don't know.

Better to throw a pretend snit than to stick around and further reveal what a braying jackass you are. What do California's federal taxes have to do with their massive
homeless and filth problem? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

You haven't mentioned when and where you've moved. Why is that? Did you buy in Las Vegas and lose a bundle in the Great Bush Recession? Or maybe you moved to Arizona and enjoy high heat and Stand Storms? Just guesses.

I grew up in the Sunset Dist. a great place in 50's. I could roam to the Pacific Ocean, six blocks away, to the zoo and Lake Merced, about 10 City Blocks south, and and 7 blocks from Golden Gate Park to the north. Oh, and in my youth Playland at the Beach was also walking distance (I can still hear laughing Sal in my minds eye); plus the sunset gym, and ball diamonds, tennis courts, basketball courts galore.
The sunset is so expensive now!!! Woodlake joes closed and reopened lately. Playland was great and so was the ice rink.

..that's what happens when you have massive immigration and illegals
No. That`s what happens when housing costs skyrocket because people want to live in California. That was easy.
That's why businesses and people who can are leaving in droves. Amazing how you liars defend progressive horror shows like california.
A real horror show is Flodida. Losing beach front property seems like a monthly thing. As for leaving they are coming in bigger numbers for the jobs created here to support the losers in the south.
No one goes to cali for the jobs. lol. If that's not what you meant perhaps you could take a remedial class and tell folks "where" you are talking about.

If you want to know what life is like under Democrat control, just look at California.

Four of the five American cities with the greatest incidences of unsheltered homelessness are in the once Golden State.

Makes sense. After all it is the richest state. California economy has gone from seventh largest in the world to fifth largest in the world.

California is replacing its fleeing middle class with uneducated unskilled third world moocher.
The Left has along history of destroying their own tax base.
NO bail-outs for CA

View attachment 280392
When a town or state is left in financial straights you can bet it was done by capitalist wrong wingers. Dems have a history of correcting the screwups left by the wrongers.

REALITY
Democrats = poverty, ghettos
Republicans = middle class, suburbs
Low IQ is republican
Predictable as the smell from a cali homeless street.
Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

6c. attack your rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia

17. Fox News/Alex Jones/Brietbart/infowars/Stormfront/Gateway/hannity

18. You can’t read.

..that's what happens when you have massive immigration and illegals
No. That`s what happens when housing costs skyrocket because people want to live in California. That was easy.
That's why businesses and people who can are leaving in droves. Amazing how you liars defend progressive horror shows like california.
A real horror show is Flodida. Losing beach front property seems like a monthly thing. As for leaving they are coming in bigger numbers for the jobs created here to support the losers in the south.
No one goes to cali for the jobs. lol. If that's not what you meant perhaps you could take a remedial class and tell folks "where" you are talking about.
He’s having flashbacks to the Republican controlled days when jobs, homes, and opportunities were plentiful in California.

There is a difference between warm and HOT. California in many places like San Francisco has a warm climate.... which people would much rather be homeless in 80-85 degrees than in 100 degrees.
Ever been to San Francisco? It doesn't look like it.
It is frequently windy and chilly there. Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever spent was one summer in San Francisco.

And then there's the whole matter of California having the most generous welfare benefits in the country.
I guess you just forgot about that.

It doesn't matter how much welfare money you get in California when the cost of everything is 3 and 4 times more expensive than other states. Do you understand that? There are people that have good jobs at Google that can't even afford to get housing and live in vans and rent out people's garages. San Francisco was just one example. California is kind of a big state...
In truth California doesn't cost 3 to 4 times as much as other states. Homes and gasoline are about the only out of proportion costs.
In truth California doesn't cost 3 to 4 times as much as other states. Homes and gasoline are about the only out of proportion costs.

And taxes. All told, California is the poverty capital of America.

If you want to know what life is like under Democrat control, just look at California.

Four of the five American cities with the greatest incidences of unsheltered homelessness are in the once Golden State.

Makes sense. After all it is the richest state. California economy has gone from seventh largest in the world to fifth largest in the world.
and the only people benefiting from that are the coastal areas... the inner counties have lots of unemployment or people just getting by...Imperial County has been in double digit UE for a decade now....

Thousands of acres of prime farmland have transformed the desert into one of the most productive farming regions in California with an annual crop production of over $1 billion. Agriculture is the largest industry in Imperial County and accounts for 48% of all employment.[60] Although this region is a desert, with high temperatures and low average rainfall of three inches (75 mm) per year, the economy is heavily based on agriculture due to irrigation, which is supplied wholly from the Colorado River via the All-American Canal. A vast system of canals, check dams, and pipelines carry the water all over the valley, a system which forms the Imperial Irrigation District, or IID. The water distribution system includes over 1,400 miles (2,300 km) of canal and with 1,100 miles (1,800 km) of pipeline. The number of canal and pipeline branches number roughly over a hundred. Imported water and a long growing season allow two crop cycles each year, and the Imperial Valley is a major source of winter fruits and vegetables, cotton, and grain for U.S. and international markets. Alfalfa is another major crop produced in the Imperial Valley. The agricultural lands are served by a constructed agricultural drain system, which conveys surface runoff and subsurface drainage from fields to the Salton Sea, which is a designated repository for agricultural runoff.[61] Imperial County produces nearly 2/3 of all vegetables consumed by Americans during the winter.[62]

El Centro is the commercial center of Imperial County. Fifty percent of the jobs in El Centro come from the service and retail sector.[60]

A recent growth in the interest of Imperial County as a filming location, has spurred growth in servicing this industry.[60] Because of the county's desert environment and proximity to Los Angeles, California, movies are sometimes filmed in the sand dunes outside the agricultural portions of the county. These have included Return of the Jedi, Stargate, The Scorpion King, and Into the Wild. Additionally, portions of the 2005 film Jarhead were filmed here because of its similarity to the desert terrain of Iraq

Imperial County, California - Wikipedia

My wife and I took Hwy 8 West from Tucson, AZ to San Diego and traversed Imperial Co. from the AZ Border to San Diego's Eastern County border. The huge sand piles as we crossed into CA were a surprise, the rest of the ride was rather boring, unless one enjoys watching crops grow.
they have such high UE down there because the farm lands are not being farmed like they should be....and no trump had nothing to do with that....

No, I am interested in the weather, but San Francisco's climate is only ONE climate in California.

Have fun trolling others, because you are making yourself look like a fool. California is a federal tax donor state, do you know what that means? They put more into federal taxes than they pay out in benefits.

Your last statement shows just how truly ignorant you are, and I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the reasons why just for you NOT to read it. If you are this ignorant about homelessness this late in life, there is a very high probability you never will get it.
Yes, take your jacks, little girl, and run along home. I lived in the Bay Area for decades. My daughter and son in law lived and worked there.
My son worked as a political consultant next to city hall there. My long time school friend worked undercover in the SFPD (the center of a massive corruption case, btw).

I went to school there.There's nothing you can tell me about it I don't know.

Better to throw a pretend snit than to stick around and further reveal what a braying jackass you are. What do California's federal taxes have to do with their massive
homeless and filth problem? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

You haven't mentioned when and where you've moved. Why is that? Did you buy in Las Vegas and lose a bundle in the Great Bush Recession? Or maybe you moved to Arizona and enjoy high heat and Stand Storms? Just guesses.

I grew up in the Sunset Dist. a great place in 50's. I could roam to the Pacific Ocean, six blocks away, to the zoo and Lake Merced, about 10 City Blocks south, and and 7 blocks from Golden Gate Park to the north. Oh, and in my youth Playland at the Beach was also walking distance (I can still hear laughing Sal in my minds eye); plus the sunset gym, and ball diamonds, tennis courts, basketball courts galore.
The sunset is so expensive now!!! Woodlake joes closed and reopened lately. Playland was great and so was the ice rink.
How’s the billions you spent on your train to nowhere going? Oh yeah. The project is dead but the good ‘ol boys made their billions, leaving you with nothing but some scarred farmland.

There is a difference between warm and HOT. California in many places like San Francisco has a warm climate.... which people would much rather be homeless in 80-85 degrees than in 100 degrees.
It is frequently windy and chilly there. Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever spent was one summer in San Francisco.

And then there's the whole matter of California having the most generous welfare benefits in the country.

It doesn't matter how much welfare money you get in California when the cost of everything is 3 and 4 times more expensive than other states. Do you understand that? There are people that have good jobs at Google that can't even afford to get housing and live in vans and rent out people's garages. San Francisco was just one example. California is kind of a big state...
so is rent.....

so is rent.....
Other than homeownership, renting, gas, electricity, taxes, car registration, etc, cost of living is the same!

But don't you worry. California knows how to solve that problem.

Bussed out: how America moves thousands of homeless people around the country

New Laws Target and Punish the Poor in Oregon

My car registration was $780 a year in California. $38 as soon as I escaped. Gas? Half what you pay. Electricity is 30% the cost. Roads are in fantastic condition with zero traffic.

so is rent.....
Other than homeownership, renting, gas, electricity, taxes, car registration, etc, cost of living is the same!
i just moved next door to Nevada.....quite a difference....

"Democrats" say that this transcends politics and is a economic issue. I agree, but when liberal progressives take jobs away from Americans and then provide those jobs and sanctuary to illegal aliens, (without popular consent or any semblance of democratic process) then Dems act like a deer in caught in the headlights when they are called out for it. That "sanctuary city' shit is a huge factor here, and it seldom if ever is factored in. And that's on the Democrats. Nobody else wanted that shit.

Last edited:

"Democrats" say that this transcends politics and is a economic issue. I agree, but when liberal progressives take jobs away from Americans and then provide sanctuary to illegal aliens, (without popular consent or any semblance of democratic process) then they act like a deer in caught in the headlights. That "sanctuary city' shit is a huge factor here, and it seldom if ever is factored in. And that's on ALL on Democrats.
That’s why they are wrong and they are a catalyst for homelessness.

Unemployment is at the theoretical minimum. I see help wanted signs everyday. Good paying positions too.

The issue is not recognizing human behavior. Give them free food, a place to live and many humans take the path of laziness. That’s what’s occurring in California.

Well... it is warm, it hardly rains... kind of makes sense doesn't it? Wouldn't be very smart to be homeless in North Dakota or Idaho would it?
California became a State in 1849. Homeless did not become an issue until Leftards took control just a couple of decades ago.

You think THAT was what caused the sharp spike in the homeless? Thanks for proving my point. You don't know shit about one of the main causes, and it has nothing to do with Democrats.

Well... it is warm, it hardly rains... kind of makes sense doesn't it? Wouldn't be very smart to be homeless in North Dakota or Idaho would it?
California became a State in 1849. Homeless did not become an issue until Leftards took control just a couple of decades ago.

You think THAT was what caused the sharp spike in the homeless? Thanks for proving my point. You don't know shit about one of the main causes, and it has nothing to do with Democrats.
California weather was identical 1849-1990.

Yet did not have a major homelessness problem, even during major recessions.

California weather was identical 1849-1990.

Yet did not have a major homelessness problem, even during major recessions.

That has nothing to do with the problem of homelessness as a whole. Since YOU started this thread, and want to blame all the issues on the state of California being run by Democrats, perhaps YOU should go do some more research... because it was a Republican that caused the issue we see today.

Forum List

Back