Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California

There is a difference between warm and HOT. California in many places like San Francisco has a warm climate.... which people would much rather be homeless in 80-85 degrees than in 100 degrees.
Ever been to San Francisco? It doesn't look like it.
It is frequently windy and chilly there. Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever spent was one summer in San Francisco.

And then there's the whole matter of California having the most generous welfare benefits in the country.
I guess you just forgot about that.

It doesn't matter how much welfare money you get in California when the cost of everything is 3 and 4 times more expensive than other states. Do you understand that? There are people that have good jobs at Google that can't even afford to get housing and live in vans and rent out people's garages. San Francisco was just one example. California is kind of a big state...

We are not rich or insulated as I have dealings daily with the homeless people. I have not yet met one who came here to be homeless. Seems it is the capitalists who create them right here. Sky high rents and so much work for intellectual people.
California is flooded with homeless people! Try reading the OP since it seems you are totally out of touch and ignorant.
Yes. Rates are sky high. Most people who can't afford to live somewhere move to where they can afford to live.

But not in San Francisco, the place I'm most familiar with. As long as you have some cardboard to sleep on, a place on the sidewalk to take a dump and shoot up, and a way to collect your welfare payments they like things there just fine.

If you are really industrious, and can make a hand lettered sign begging for money, you'll be able to afford heroin or booze or whatever else you want. You pay zero taxes. Zero rent. Zero automobile upkeep and insurance (no car).

There's a reason why California is home to half the homeless people in the entire nation. See if you can work it our, Socrates.

It doesn't matter how much welfare money you get in California when the cost of everything is 3 and 4 times more expensive than other states. Do you understand that? There are people that have good jobs at Google that can't even afford to get housing and live in vans and rent out people's garages. San Francisco was just one example. California is kind of a big state...
Not interested in the weather anymore? Okay.

You are making two simultaneous arguments that cancel each other out, champ.
You are talking about people with good jobs at Google (that's Silicon Valley and not San Francisco, by the way...get a map) and also people on welfare.

The people who crap on the sidewalks and sleep in bushes and the park pay zero rent. They pay zero taxes. Their daily expenses are for cigarettes, booze, drugs, some food, etc. Fortunately for them California has the best welfare benefits in the country.

Your arguments will be treated seriously when you make one single serious argument.

When California stops putting out cheese the rats will stop coming around.

Not interested in the weather anymore? Okay.

You are making two simultaneous arguments that cancel each other out, champ.
You are talking about people with good jobs at Google (that's Silicon Valley and not San Francisco, by the way...get a map) and also people on welfare.

The people who crap on the sidewalks and sleep in bushes and the park pay zero rent. They pay zero taxes. Their daily expenses are for cigarettes, booze, drugs, some food, etc. Fortunately for them California has the best welfare benefits in the country.

Your arguments will be treated seriously when you make one single serious argument.

When California stops putting out cheese the rats will stop coming around.

No, I am interested in the weather, but San Francisco's climate is only ONE climate in California.

Have fun trolling others, because you are making yourself look like a fool. California is a federal tax donor state, do you know what that means? They put more into federal taxes than they pay out in benefits.

Your last statement shows just how truly ignorant you are, and I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the reasons why just for you NOT to read it. If you are this ignorant about homelessness this late in life, there is a very high probability you never will get it.

If you want to know what life is like under Democrat control, just look at California.

Four of the five American cities with the greatest incidences of unsheltered homelessness are in the once Golden State.

Makes sense. After all it is the richest state. California economy has gone from seventh largest in the world to fifth largest in the world.
and the only people benefiting from that are the coastal areas... the inner counties have lots of unemployment or people just getting by...Imperial County has been in double digit UE for a decade now....

Thousands of acres of prime farmland have transformed the desert into one of the most productive farming regions in California with an annual crop production of over $1 billion. Agriculture is the largest industry in Imperial County and accounts for 48% of all employment.[60] Although this region is a desert, with high temperatures and low average rainfall of three inches (75 mm) per year, the economy is heavily based on agriculture due to irrigation, which is supplied wholly from the Colorado River via the All-American Canal. A vast system of canals, check dams, and pipelines carry the water all over the valley, a system which forms the Imperial Irrigation District, or IID. The water distribution system includes over 1,400 miles (2,300 km) of canal and with 1,100 miles (1,800 km) of pipeline. The number of canal and pipeline branches number roughly over a hundred. Imported water and a long growing season allow two crop cycles each year, and the Imperial Valley is a major source of winter fruits and vegetables, cotton, and grain for U.S. and international markets. Alfalfa is another major crop produced in the Imperial Valley. The agricultural lands are served by a constructed agricultural drain system, which conveys surface runoff and subsurface drainage from fields to the Salton Sea, which is a designated repository for agricultural runoff.[61] Imperial County produces nearly 2/3 of all vegetables consumed by Americans during the winter.[62]

El Centro is the commercial center of Imperial County. Fifty percent of the jobs in El Centro come from the service and retail sector.[60]

A recent growth in the interest of Imperial County as a filming location, has spurred growth in servicing this industry.[60] Because of the county's desert environment and proximity to Los Angeles, California, movies are sometimes filmed in the sand dunes outside the agricultural portions of the county. These have included Return of the Jedi, Stargate, The Scorpion King, and Into the Wild. Additionally, portions of the 2005 film Jarhead were filmed here because of its similarity to the desert terrain of Iraq

Imperial County, California - Wikipedia

My wife and I took Hwy 8 West from Tucson, AZ to San Diego and traversed Imperial Co. from the AZ Border to San Diego's Eastern County border. The huge sand piles as we crossed into CA were a surprise, the rest of the ride was rather boring, unless one enjoys watching crops grow.

There is a difference between warm and HOT. California in many places like San Francisco has a warm climate.... which people would much rather be homeless in 80-85 degrees than in 100 degrees.
It is frequently windy and chilly there. Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever spent was one summer in San Francisco.

And then there's the whole matter of California having the most generous welfare benefits in the country.

In re the weather in the Bay Area. One summer day my oldest son and I left the East Bay to go to Candlestick Park for the Giants Game. When we left our home the temperature was 103 degrees, when we got through the Caldecott Tunnel the temperature was in the low 80's; and when we got to the parking lot at The Stick the wind was blasting and temperature at game time was in the mid 50's.

Needless to say, we left in shorts and put on our sweat pants and sweat shirts in our van before going into the game.

Now, the fact is Welfare as you suggests is no longer generous in CA. When President Clinton signed welfare reform which eliminated AFDC, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Eliminated 'welfare queens", and required those who receive aid to work or engage in a program to develop skills to secure employment.

Do try to keep up, welfare as you suggest disappeared in CA over two decades ago.

The "richest" and poorest state in the country. A formerly great state!

California has highest poverty rate in the nation, Central Coast experts tackling issue locally
Poverty rate is 18.2%

By: Nathalie Vera
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 08:01 PM PDT
Updated: Sep 13, 2019 03:47 PM PDT

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - From the Golden State, to the poorest state, U.S. Census data shows California's poverty rate is now 18.2 percent, only behind Washington D.C.

In 2018, the national average was 13.2 percent.

California has highest poverty rate in the nation, Central Coast experts tackling issue locally

No, I am interested in the weather, but San Francisco's climate is only ONE climate in California.

Have fun trolling others, because you are making yourself look like a fool. California is a federal tax donor state, do you know what that means? They put more into federal taxes than they pay out in benefits.

Your last statement shows just how truly ignorant you are, and I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the reasons why just for you NOT to read it. If you are this ignorant about homelessness this late in life, there is a very high probability you never will get it.
Yes, take your jacks, little girl, and run along home. I lived in the Bay Area for decades. My daughter and son in law lived and worked there.
My son worked as a political consultant next to city hall there. My long time school friend worked undercover in the SFPD (the center of a massive corruption case, btw).

I went to school there.There's nothing you can tell me about it I don't know.

Better to throw a pretend snit than to stick around and further reveal what a braying jackass you are. What do California's federal taxes have to do with their massive
homeless and filth problem? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Last edited:
Now, the fact is Welfare as you suggests is no longer generous in CA. When President Clinton signed welfare reform which eliminated AFDC, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Eliminated 'welfare queens", and required those who receive aid to work or engage in a program to develop skills to secure employment.

Do try to keep up, welfare as you suggest disappeared in CA over two decades ago.

Try to keep up with "current" events. Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's Stimulus Program eliminated all the incentives to work in the Newt Gingrich 1996 Welfare Reform Act.

When a town or state is left in financial straights you can bet it was done by capitalist wrong wingers. Dems have a history of correcting the screwups left by the wrongers.

person-Th.gif

Yes, take your jacks, little girl, and run along home. I lived in the Bay Area for decades. My daughter and son in law lived and worked there.
My son worked as a political consultant next to city hall there. My long time school friend worked undercover in the SFPD (the center of a massive corruption case, btw).

Better to throw a pretend snit than to stick around and further reveal what a braying jackass you are. What do California's federal taxes have to do with their massive

And what does that have to do with you not understanding the homelessness problem? Why are the majority of the people homeless? Is it because they are addicts? Well why are they addicts? Pretty easy for you to call them filth because in your mind you've already broken them down to less than human despite the fact you don't have a fucking clue why most homeless people ended up where they are in the first place.

You also ignored the fact that California is a big ass state that San Francisco makes up a small part of...

If you want to know what life is like under Democrat control, just look at California.

Four of the five American cities with the greatest incidences of unsheltered homelessness are in the once Golden State.

Makes sense. After all it is the richest state. California economy has gone from seventh largest in the world to fifth largest in the world.

California is replacing its fleeing middle class with uneducated unskilled third world moocher.
The Left has along history of destroying their own tax base.
NO bail-outs for CA

View attachment 280392
When a town or state is left in financial straights you can bet it was done by capitalist wrong wingers. Dems have a history of correcting the screwups left by the wrongers.

REALITY
Democrats = poverty, ghettos
Republicans = middle class, suburbs
Low IQ is republican

In truth California doesn't cost 3 to 4 times as much as other states. Homes and gasoline are about the only out of proportion costs.

..that's what happens when you have massive immigration and illegals
No. That`s what happens when housing costs skyrocket because people want to live in California. That was easy.
That's why businesses and people who can are leaving in droves. Amazing how you liars defend progressive horror shows like california.
A real horror show is Flodida. Losing beach front property seems like a monthly thing. As for leaving they are coming in bigger numbers for the jobs created here to support the losers in the south.

You haven't mentioned when and where you've moved. Why is that? Did you buy in Las Vegas and lose a bundle in the Great Bush Recession? Or maybe you moved to Arizona and enjoy high heat and Stand Storms? Just guesses.

I grew up in the Sunset Dist. a great place in 50's. I could roam to the Pacific Ocean, six blocks away, to the zoo and Lake Merced, about 10 City Blocks south, and and 7 blocks from Golden Gate Park to the north. Oh, and in my youth Playland at the Beach was also walking distance (I can still hear laughing Sal in my minds eye); plus the sunset gym, and ball diamonds, tennis courts, basketball courts galore.

A real horror show is Flodida. Losing beach front property seems like a monthly thing. As for leaving they are coming in bigger numbers for the jobs created here to support the losers in the south.

What the heck are you ranting about?

And what does that have to do with you not understanding the homelessness problem? Why are the majority of the people homeless? Is it because they are addicts? Well why are they addicts? Pretty easy for you to call them filth because in your mind you've already broken them down to less than human despite the fact you don't have a fucking clue why most homeless people ended up where they are in the first place.

You also ignored the fact that California is a big ass state that San Francisco makes up a small part of...
From my contacts with the homeless more of them work than are addicts. Homes here are outrageous in cost. SF is not the only city in the bay Area with a homeless population either. San Jose, Oakland, San Mateo, Fremont to name a few. And the vets who are dumped by the VA are all over the place.

Forum List

Back