Near death experiences

I'm going to guess there is a thread somewhere here about this. But I would like to know...

Why is it that no NDE ever is someone coming back and saying, yep there was nothing there. Why is that?
There have been.

C
Pay attention. I had a NDE. Mr X had an NDE. I can relate to it because I experienced the same thing. An out of body experience.
Ah. This is the NDE that Mr. X had, which you are certain of, yet have no facts related to.

Was your alleged NDE actually self-induced paranoia?

Considering I was a child and had no paranoia of any kind, was unconscious when the ambulance arrived, and remained so until I was in the hospital, I had no way of knowing what happened in between. Yet I do. Because I have an awareness that you lack. Experience concerning the subject.
I actually heard my grandmother's neighbor say, "Her heart has stopped". I remember thinking, "If I heard you say that I can't be dead". And yet when I thought that, I was in the back of the ambulance looking at myself laying there and her kneeling next to me with her scope on my chest.

And no, Mr. X is a regular member here who was simply relaying his NDE on a NDE thread.
Do you deliver the Star FoHo? What else do you read? TV guide? You poor baby.
That's a lovely story you made up to get attention in this thread.

You should submit it to the Star amazing. They're always looking for that kind of material.

Well I have never had an NDE but I can think of four occasions where I should have been a dead man and somehow managed to survive. The worst one was when I was 17. Drunk off my ass going 120 in my Mom's Jaguar (no seat belt on), spun out on a sharp curve and slammed into an oncoming semi truck. Hit on the front passenger's side right near the headlight. Ripped the Jag into two completely separate parts,sent part of the engine through the windshield about a foot from my face and I didn't have a scratch on me. When everything came to a stop I literally stood up (there was no door left to get out of) and walked to see if the other guy was ok.

I don't if God saved my ass that night or it was just some freak occurrence, but the car was so mangled as to be indistinguishable from a heap of scrap metal. I have no idea how I survived that crash. So it's a bit different from an NDE, but I think everyone probably has some things in their lives that they can't explain. Whether it is God or not, I suppose is up to the individual.

I thought I heard of people coming back and seeing nothing but cold and dark or something too, no?

One account I had read about was a man that had a heart attack and according to him was on his way to hell, but kept coming back every time they shocked him. He wasn't a religious man, but on his last trip, he called out Christ's name in fear, and was back in his body and safe. He committed to Christ that day.

Psalm 91:15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him

The topic interests me ..so I own several books about NDE in my extensive library...

I do believe...and I have several books on the topic.

what else can one say or add...

I thought I heard of people coming back and seeing nothing but cold and dark or something too, no?
All of those descriptions I have seen are related to going to purgatory. And then they were pulled from that by God when they asked for help.

I'm yet to see anyone claim they came back from death and saw nothing and decided to become an atheist.

The topic interests me ..so I own several books about NDE in my extensive library...

I do believe...and I have several books on the topic.

what else can one say or add...
I don't know what else there is to add. I've just never seen anyone not come back a believer.

All of those descriptions I have seen are related to going to purgatory. And then they were pulled from that by God when they asked for help.

I'm yet to see anyone claim they came back from death and saw nothing and decided to become an atheist.

well...the fact is ..that those who have had the experience

and return ...

believe in something Higher

it's hard to explain or convince...

it is what is is

Last edited:
I started this thread because of my dad. He fell off a ladder and landed on his head on concrete. A long story but he crawled into his house and pretty much was dying slowly. And he told me that before some friends showed up and got him to the hospital, and during the ride there, he was comforted by a lot of people. Some he thought he knew and others that were just there. And he told me that he no longer fears death.

and return ...

it's hard to explain or convice...

it is what is is
Yes, it does seem that those that don't have any faith whatsoever are not coming back. Maybe they aren't worth saving? They made their choice?

and return ...

it is what is is
Yes, it does seem that those that don't have any faith whatsoever are not coming back. Maybe they aren't worth saving? They made their choice?

You see...they have to die first to have faith... to see how it is ...

Everybody is worth saving though.... :)

and return ...

it is what is is

You see...they have to die first to have faith... to see how it is ...

Everybody is worth saving though.... :)
I believe they are worth saving. But it's up to them. It sure sounds like you can even in the process of death save yourself but maybe some choose not to.

There is one thing I could add. When Christ returned to earth after spending 3 days in Abraham's bosom, over 10 thousand souls in Abraham's bosom were reunited with their terrestrial bodies and returned with him. (those were the graves that opened in the earthquake that occurred while Christ was on the cross)
2 of them were priests that had recently been buried by the Temple priests. The two were interrogated. The testimony was recorded. They relayed a conversation that Satan had with Hell < an entity who oversees the place named in his honor. Satan told Hell that Christ was about to show up, and Hell said, "The one who snatches souls from hell?"

Yep, that one. Christ has such a heart for his family that even if you spend a life time disregarding him, one cry for help, and He is there. And even more amazing, He honors us. The Lord of creation, puts us on a pedestal. That is true love.

Just once.

Just fading away, peaceful, stirred just long enough to say "I'm going now......" and then being interrupted by a burly male nurse slapping my face shouting "Like hell you're dying on MY shift...!"

Prick!

I started this thread because of my dad. He fell off a ladder and landed on his head on concrete. A long story but he crawled into his house and pretty much was dying slowly. And he told me that before some friends showed up and got him to the hospital, and during the ride there, he was comforted by a lot of people. Some he thought he knew and others that were just there. And he told me that he no longer fears death.

i think supernatural experiences can be very powerful. I think science can justify them but at the end of the day it's what we choose to believe. I remember when my grandmother died. She and I had a very bad relationship. We didn't agree on much and we argued a lot. Right before she died we had finally come to terms and found common ground we could both agree upon and we started to love each other. Then she died.

I remember when my father called me and told me she had passed that I was overcome with sadness. Not because she had died but because we spent so much time arguing and as soon as we finally found common ground she was gone. I remember sitting on my bed crying and thinking "all I want is one hug from my grandmother because only recently have I realized I love her". My body went numb. The breath was sucked from my body and I was overcome with a feeling of peace and suddenly I was smiling and happy and everything was ok. I think that was the hug from my grandmother that I asked for.

Atheists will probably come up with some way to explain it...and hell..they may be right. Maybe it was all in my mind and it was simply a physical response to a desperate mental and emotional need. I prefer to believe that my grandmother hugged me. I am ok with that and that belief hurts no one in the world

i think supernatural experiences can be very powerful. I think science can justify them but at the end of the day it's what we choose to believe. I remember when my grandmother died. She and I had a very bad relationship. We didn't agree on much and we argued a lot. Right before she died we had finally come to terms and found common ground we could both agree upon and we started to love each other. Then she died.

I remember when my father called me and told me she had passed that I was overcome with sadness. Not because she had died but because we spent so much time arguing and as soon as we finally found common ground she was gone. I remember sitting on my bed crying and thinking "all I want is one hug from my grandmother because only recently have I realized I love her". My body went numb. The breath was sucked from my body and I was overcome with a feeling of peace and suddenly I was smiling and happy and everything was ok. I think that was the hug from my grandmother that I asked for.

Atheists will probably come up with some way to explain it...and hell..they may be right. Maybe it was all in my mind and it was simply a physical response to a desperate mental and emotional need. I prefer to believe that my grandmother hugged me. I am ok with that and that belief hurts no one in the world
She may have felt the same way. And that's why it happened.

She may have felt the same way. And that's why it happened.

Perhaps. It was a very powerful experience. I am a bit of a dichotomy as I am a man of faith but I have a scientific mind. I have to entertain the possibility that there is a scientific explanation. But I am also emotional and I wish everyone could feel that sensation that I felt. I have never felt so peaceful. There are certain things that science just cannot explain. Science is wonderful...I love science. But there are things in our human experience that exist and cannot be explained by science. Can those things be explained by God? Maybe. Maybe not. But I do not think the universe can influence a supernatural emotional experience as with the "hug by my grandmother".

I think we all have those emotional and spiritual events in our lives that science cannot explain. Is it God? I don't think any of us can answer that question in a definitive manner. It comes down to what you choose to believe. If an atheist was in the same situation I was that day and felt what I felt and wrote it off as a physical response to an emotional stimulus...I feel very bad for that person because they will have missed out on a spiritual experience that gives them very little hope

Blue, science has finally discovered dimensions, and dimensions can be likened to bubbles in a bathtub. They can be side by side. They can connect. They can be a bubble in a bubble. The souls that have gone on before us can sit right beside us and even though you can't see them, they can see you. There was absolutely nothing to prevent your grandmother from letting you know she was close by.

Forum List

Back