Near death experiences

I thought I heard of people coming back and seeing nothing but cold and dark or something too, no?
All of those descriptions I have seen are related to going to purgatory. And then they were pulled from that by God when they asked for help.

I'm yet to see anyone claim they came back from death and saw nothing and decided to become an atheist.
That's completely different than what you said earlier. Which one is it?

I'm going to guess there is a thread somewhere here about this. But I would like to know...

Why is it that no NDE ever is someone coming back and saying, yep there was nothing there. Why is that?

We had just moved to a new house in a new state. Our budget was at all time low. And the bathtub suddenly refused to work. I was sitting on the edge of the tub in tears thinking that if I lived in another state and my grandfather was still alive, he would have been able to help me.

Then, in my head, I heard my grandfather's voice. "I can still help you." He said I needed a couple of tools, one a screwdriver (I knew what that was) and one I had no clue of. He said I could find the second tool in a box in the garage. (Great. The garage was still piled with boxes of low priority that had not been unpacked.) Grandpa was not perturbed. I went to the garage and Grandpa directed me to a box and pointed out the tool I needed. (I just knew by looking at a certain box and a certain tool.)

I went back to the tub, and Grandpa directed me in removing a part. He said to take that part to a hardware store--it needed to be replaced. Now, this part looked perfectly fine to me, but then I didn't know what it was supposed to look like. If Grandpa could point out a box that had a tool I needed, I figured I might as well go to the hardware store.

I took the part to the hardware store, and simply said I needed a new one. The man looked at it, started to say it looked fine, then checked himself and said, "You're right. There is a slight crack." He sold me a new one, and I went back home and installed it, this time on my own, since I remembered how I had removed it. The bathtub worked ever after.

I've often thought of this. Was I just desperate? Had I talked myself into finding the logical tools and removing the correct part--I, who knew nothing of bathtub plumbing? (After all, I was pretty good with locks, why not bathtubs?) I knew my grandfather's voice quite well, surely it wouldn't have been hard to imagine. I had been so upset, it doesn't take a professional to point out thinking of my grandfather would have been comforting.

Still, finding that tool in that particular out-of-the-way box and taking a particular part to the hardware store were really hard to explain. I mean, if I had opened up all the boxes and tried many different tools before I figured out the correct one...if I had taken several parts to the hardware store...the only reason I chose that box, that tool, that part is because of my grandfather's voice in my head.

Also...my dead grandfather had been an atheist his entire life. And he still sounded as loving as ever...not like he was burning in hell.

Everyone can think of this as they will. Sometimes I lean in one direction, more often in the other. It remains an anecdote that is interesting but in the end proves nothing. Most often I think my grandfather really was on hand to help me.

no NDE saying nothing is there

Actually there is such testimony, just less need to share the obvious and less sensational for the media who'd rather publicize NDE, makes for better TV that way.
Dr. Michael Slessinger (forget his accurate last name)
did experiments to find out all those NDE were a result of lack of oxygen to the brain, and duplicated the exact same experiences in a lab.
Cultures which twist death & life often use the kingdom in death ideology to get unsuspected pawns to do the kings and kingdoms whims inluding dying for their king and authorities in order to gain a place in that mythical land called underworld=death cultism.
Christianity committed great acts against humanity and this creation because of this death worship, as is radical Islam with their same promises of reward in death.....
Therefore remove this bad philosophy and you remove the many abuses and disrespect for life that it brings.

Actually there is such testimony, just less need to share the obvious and less sensational for the media who'd rather publicize NDE, makes for better TV that way.
did experiments to find out all those NDE were a result of lack of oxygen to the brain, and duplicated the exact same experiences in a lab.
Cultures which twist death & life often use the kingdom in death ideology to get unsuspected pawns to do the kings and kingdoms whims inluding dying for their king and authorities in order to gain a place in that mythical land called underworld=death cultism.
Christianity committed great acts against humanity and this creation because of this death worship, as is radical Islam with their same promises of reward in death.....
Therefore remove this bad philosophy and you remove the many abuses and disrespect for life that it brings.
no NDE saying nothing is there

Brain activity can be simulated/duplicated in the lab. The brain is also stimulated by actual experiences.

I'm going to guess there is a thread somewhere here about this. But I would like to know...

Why is it that no NDE ever is someone coming back and saying, yep there was nothing there. Why is that?

Important to keep in mind Near-Death Experiences are precisely that, NEAR death. When we're close to death our brains are cranking out a variety of chemicals which account for the hallucinations NDE experiencers often report.

When someone who was brain dead comes back I'll review their account on what being dead was like. But NDE isn't death. Your heart can stop for quite a while and you can be revived but that's not death.

Then we can attest NDE to be true since they have been verified in a lab?

Wondered if anyone tried doing what was depicted in the movie "Flatliners" and induce death for a few minutes then revive the person. Tad unethical, but seems the logical approach. :)

I can imagine the ad on Craigslist:

"Wanted: Study into the existence of an afterlife seeks healthy volunteers willing to have their hearts stopped for minutes at a time."

:)

Important to keep in mind Near-Death Experiences are precisely that, NEAR death. When we're close to death our brains are cranking out a variety of chemicals which account for the hallucinations NDE experiencers often report.

When someone who was brain dead comes back I'll review their account on what being dead was like. But NDE isn't death. Your heart can stop for quite a while and you can be revived but that's not death.

You are quite right. Death is a formal process under the strict control of God. You need another process called resurrection in order to come back. A resurrection can only be done by God.

So without God's permission, no one can come back from a true death. On the other hand, you should have known who God is if you can truly return from death.

Forum List

Back