NC Republicans put cruelty aside / embrace Obamacare

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
The holdout of Republican states from expanding Medicaid is one of the cruelest policies of spite this country has seen since their Jim Crow laws. Yesterday Republican leaders in North Carolina agreed to break from the red wall of spite to ensure healthcare access to its citizens. There is no hope in the remaining 10.

North Carolina just took a big step forward on Medicaid expansion

Medicaid expansion in North Carolina just got a major boost. 
Republican leaders clinched an agreement yesterday to expand the safety net program to roughly 600,000 people — a compromise that could put an end to an over-a-decade-long political battle.

The agreement from Senate leader Phil Berger and House Speaker Tim Moore won praise from Democrats and advocates alike, who argue it’s long past time for North Carolina to take up Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion. The new version of the legislation is still being drafted, and the two Republican leaders briefed the state’s Democratic governor on their plan after announcing the deal in a news conference yesterday morning.

“I support it,” Gov. Roy Cooper (D) said in a phone interview yesterday after he discussed the agreement with Berger and Moore. “We’re just working to try to see if we can change the timing on it a bit. … But overall, it is a monumental step for our state.”

The deal marks a stark turnaround for Republican leaders that played out over years in North Carolina and in states across the country, as more and more governors and legislatures expanded Medicaid to low-income residents. When that stopped working years ago, advocates put the measures on the ballot in seven conservative-leaning states, and voters approved expansion in every one.
 North Carolina is one of just 11 states that have long refused Medicaid expansion, which was originally included in the 2010 Affordable Care, but made voluntary for states by the Supreme Court. Doing so in the rest of the holdout states is a tough climb for supporters of the program.

The status of states:

Status of State Medicaid Expansion Decisions: Interactive Map
0394A06B-42C8-4D1D-A84E-E10D0F230285.jpeg

It's good that they did this BUT this is not the answer the country needs. Many are still priced out of the health care they need. Barely a word about addressing the ever increasing health care costs in this country.

Expansion of govt healthcare will just increase the costs of healthcare for the rest of us while further bankrupting the country.
Nobody is denied the right to seek medical attention or to treat themselves.
Govt control & funding just means someone else is paying for this care for you because they cannot provide anything without taking it from others first.

Get the govt out of healthcare except for veterans.
It should have been off limits from the start because eventually you end up $31.4 trillion in debt.

madison-benevolence.jpg

Expansion of govt healthcare will just increase the costs of healthcare for the rest of us while further bankrupting the country.
Nobody is denied the right to seek medical attention or to treat themselves.

Do you have a good home cancer treatment?

Tell us about checking your prostrate for cancer?

Govt control & funding just means someone else is paying for this care for you because they cannot provide anything without taking it from others first.

Get the govt out of healthcare except for veterans.
It should have been off limits from the start because eventually you end up $31.4 trillion in debt.

View attachment 762418

Right, the 31 trillion is because of people getting sick. Not massive economic failures and stupid wars.

Do you have a good home cancer treatment?

Tell us about checking your prostrate for cancer?

Right, the 31 trillion is because of people getting sick. Not massive economic failures and stupid wars.
And healthcare costs has nothing to do with the debt....
Are you being purposely obtuse or are you just ignorant? All the unconstitutional govt spending adds up together to create the debt that will destroy this country.

Where did I say you can't seek cancer treatment or have a doctor shove his hand up your ass?
Oh, I see, you want me to pay for it for you.

If I'm not checking mine, don't expect me to pay for your prostate massage.

And healthcare costs has nothing to do with the debt....
Are you being purposely obtuse or are you just ignorant? All the unconstitutional govt spending adds up together to create the debt that will destroy this country.

I never said it had nothing to do with debt. I am willing to address the costs of healthcare. Unlike how we refuse to address the cost of war and a failing economic system.

Where did I say you can't seek cancer treatment or have a doctor shove his hand up your ass?
Oh, I see, you want me to pay for it for you.

If I'm not checking mine, don't expect me to pay for your prostate massage.

You pay......you know you pay. The facts are it's far cheaper to pay to get checked as opposed to the costs of treating the cancer.

I never said it had nothing to do with debt. I am willing to address the costs of healthcare. Unlike how we refuse to address the cost of war and a failing economic system.

You pay......you know you pay. The facts are it's far cheaper to pay to get checked as opposed to the costs of treating the cancer.
Like I said, I'm not paying to have someone stick his hand up my ass or yours.
Never have, never will.
If I get cancer, I'll figure out what I want to do from there regardless of doctors advice or your feelings.
Is that OK or do I have to do as you say?

And you said the debt was due to wars & economic failures, insinuating that healthcare costs have no part.
Trying to change it now won't work on me.

The holdout of Republican states from expanding Medicaid is one of the cruelest policies of spite this country has seen since their Jim Crow laws.
Exactly – in addition to being reprehensible and wrong.

The right’s unwarranted opposition to the ACA and Medicaid expansion is predicated solely on a baseless contempt for the Democratic president who signed the Act into law having nothing to do with the merits of the Act itself.

As a consequence millions have needlessly suffered from a lack of access to affordable healthcare.

Like I said, I'm not paying to have someone stick his hand up my ass or yours.
Never have, never will.
If I get cancer, I'll figure out what I want to do from there regardless of doctors advice or your feelings.
Is that OK or do I have to do as you say?

And you said the debt was due to wars & economic failures, insinuating that healthcare costs have no part.
Trying to change it now won't work on me.

Stop lying about what I say.

Forum List

Back