NBA Tonight

You could very well be right, the Clippers will have to step up big time to beat those guys, and one of the thing that concerns me about the Clippers is they have no bench outside of Jamal Crawford, and he only had 11 points the other night. If Crawford does not come up big the Clips will lose.

Right. Nobody is predicting the Clippers to advance at this point. But to say they're done and you can stick a fork in them is ludicrous.
They are done. Dont you hate when your team is good and shows potential but can't get over that hump? How you think Durant feels?

I think Houston maybe could. Golden state? Maybe. But not the clippers. They're missing a piece.

If the Spurs win Game 4, then this series is over. Spurs are just too good not to finish off a team that has no bench.

As for Durant, I feel like the Spurs were a bit better than them all along. But the Thunder blew their chance in 12 and then were stupid enough to let Harden go because they wouldn't give him 4 years @ $14 mil per. Everyone in their front office should be fired.
So the Clippers pulled it off. I just love all the new young superstars making names for themselves because that's what you do when your team wins in the playoffs. I can't believe they did that in San antonio. Oh oh. Look out. Definately the best first round matchup.

I think I'm pulling for golden state. Them vs lebron in the finals.

But go L.A.!

I just love all the new young superstars making names for themselves

Superstars? That's just NBA marketing talk. In my lifetime, there have been maybe seven: Dr. J, Bird, Magic, MJ, (Duncan), Lebron, Shaq. And then guys like (Kobe), Stockton, (Durant), Dirk, Olajuwon, Barkley, Nash, I Thomas, Malone, McHale etc. have been fringe superstars. Calling Paul and Blake superstars though? Aye. It's an insult to the great ones.

Duncan in parenthesis b/c he wasn't marketed like a superstar and Durant and Kobe in parenthesis cos they were/are marketed like superstars.

Last edited:

Superstars? That's just NBA marketing talk. In my lifetime, there have been maybe seven: Dr. J, Bird, Magic, MJ, (Duncan), Lebron, Shaq. And then guys like (Kobe), Stockton, (Durant), Dirk, Olajuwon, Barkley, Nash, I Thomas, Malone, McHale etc. have been fringe superstars. Calling Paul and Blake superstars though? Aye. It's an insult to the great ones.

Duncan in parenthesis b/c he wasn't marketed like a superstar and Durant and Kobe in parenthesis cos they were/are marketed like superstars.

The guys who won championships are superstars in my book.

Wade bosh dirk nowitzki rip Hamilton isaih Thomas chauncy billops paul pierce robert horry gasol.

They all have what Durant harden golden state want. A ring. When you win a ring you do what bird and magic faught very hard to do. Its a new year. And the athletes today are stronger and faster.

But I agree with you actually.

Wade bosh dirk nowitzki rip Hamilton isaih Thomas chauncy billops paul pierce robert horry gasol.

They all have what Durant harden golden state want. A ring. When you win a ring you do what bird and magic faught very hard to do. Its a new year. And the athletes today are stronger and faster.

With all due respect, your book's weak. The great ones only come along so often. Rip Hamilton is nowhere in the discussion of superstars. Even when he was winning, he wasn't even Reggie Miller. He was just a skinny shooter in his prime on a solid team in the right year. Guys like Larry and MJ transcend the game. They played on levels that weren't seen before and haven't been seen since. They were that good.

Now, I get that the NBA has to market high flyers like Dominique and Kemp and Rose and Blake when they come around to get their ratings. But that's different.

With all due respect, your book's weak. The great ones only come along so often. Rip Hamilton is nowhere in the discussion of superstars. Even when he was winning, he wasn't even Reggie Miller. He was just a skinny shooter in his prime on a solid team in the right year. Guys like Larry and MJ transcend the game. They played on levels that weren't seen before and haven't been seen since. They were that good.

Now, I get that the NBA has to market high flyers like Dominique and Kemp and Rose and Blake when they come around to get their ratings. But that's different.
Sorry Reggie miller iverson Ewing Malone you never won so there's an astricks next to your hof greatness.

To me its all about winning championships because that's what they all care about the most.

I think the rip Hamilton team was great. We competed for quite a few years. But they needed to win in 05 back to back to be considered a dynasty level team. Got to game 7 and fucking Tim Duncan.

Sorry Reggie miller iverson Ewing Malone you never won so there's an astricks next to your hof greatness.

To me its all about winning championships because that's what they all care about the most.

Nah, that's a BS argument perpetuated by a self serving media. Plenty of greats who never won: Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Miller, Mullin, Webber, etc. And with the exception of the Mullin case, they didn't win due to the fact they were in the WWE Basketball League.

Nah, that's a BS argument perpetuated by a self serving media. Plenty of greats who never won: Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Miller, Mullin, Webber, etc. And in most of those cases, they didn't win due to the fact they were in the WWE Basketball League.
Webber came to Detroit one year I thought he'd be the piece we needed but he's just not a winner. No shame. They were great. But someone else was greater. I always thought Hakeem alajuan was very lucky Jordan went away for two years.

Parker and ginobli are superstars no?

Nah, that's a BS argument perpetuated by a self serving media. Plenty of greats who never won: Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Miller, Mullin, Webber, etc. And with the exception of the Mullin case, they didn't win due to the fact they were in the WWE Basketball League.
Every great story I have of great players is them winning championships. Ray Allen. I wouldnt know or care about him if he didn't win championships. What team do you root for again? I think curry on golden states as good as Reggie miller. Better if he wins a championship.

Clips bench is atrocious. If it weren't for the fact the Spurs had to play Duncan 44 mins in Game 2 and that Splitter and Parker are playing injured, I'd call it. But Spurs going home now, where Danny Green shoots 47 percent from 3's (39 percent on the road).

There isn't a bench to speak of, just Jamal Crawford.

Austin Rivers says high :biggrin:

You could very well be right, the Clippers will have to step up big time to beat those guys, and one of the thing that concerns me about the Clippers is they have no bench outside of Jamal Crawford, and he only had 11 points the other night. If Crawford does not come up big the Clips will lose.

Right. Nobody is predicting the Clippers to advance at this point. But to say they're done and you can stick a fork in them is ludicrous.
They are done. Dont you hate when your team is good and shows potential but can't get over that hump? How you think Durant feels?

I think Houston maybe could. Golden state? Maybe. But not the clippers. They're missing a piece.

If the Spurs win Game 4, then this series is over. Spurs are just too good not to finish off a team that has no bench.

As for Durant, I feel like the Spurs were a bit better than them all along. But the Thunder blew their chance in 12 and then were stupid enough to let Harden go because they wouldn't give him 4 years @ $14 mil per. Everyone in their front office should be fired.

And they chose to pay Ibaka and Perkins over Harden as well.

Clips bench is atrocious. If it weren't for the fact the Spurs had to play Duncan 44 mins in Game 2 and that Splitter and Parker are playing injured, I'd call it. But Spurs going home now, where Danny Green shoots 47 percent from 3's (39 percent on the road).

There isn't a bench to speak of, just Jamal Crawford.

Austin Rivers says high :biggrin:
He also says thanks dad.

True. His dad trade for him. Basically they traded Reggie Bullock, Chris Douglas Roberts and Jordan Crawford fir him. So they gave up a lot of trash for a 22 year old prospect.

I hate the spurs

They want back to back championships. Clips, Rockets and Warriors is a pretty tough road to hoe though.

4oIJ3sVK.gif

Forum List

Back