National Debt is 110% of GDP. Highest since WWII

You must have missed that little event that took place in 2008.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

You mean when the inner city home loans Clinton and Reno ordered the banks to hand out to people that couldn't qualify crashed the market?....rewriting recent history does not work....
I see. Since you're such an expert, please enlighten us:

Okay, tell me:
  1. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to create shitty, opaque CMOs and the even more hideous CDOs?
  2. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to sell shit mortgages to the banks to be put in those CMO's, often by the very next day?
  3. How did Clinton and Reno force the ratings agencies to slap AAA (TREASURY-level) ratings on those shit securities, making them highly attractive to buy?
  4. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to write no-doc loans with insane balloons, knowing they'd be sold off in 12 hours to a shit CMO at NO risk?
  5. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to threaten the ratings agencies with lost business if they didn't give them AAA ratings on shit securities?
  6. How did Clinton and Reno force Alan Greenspan to REFUSE to regulate derivatives while CFTC Chairwoman Brooksley Borns was BEGGING him to?
  7. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to drop their standards to the ground when they needed more shit CMO's and CDO's to SELL OFF for huge fees?
  8. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to SHORT the VERY SAME shit securities they were selling to their CLIENTS, WHILE the whole thing was collapsing?
  9. How did Clinton and Reno force GS & John Paulson to create shit CMO's that were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to FAIL so they could buy swaps on them, making Paulson a cool $2 BILLION?
  10. How did Clinton and Reno force AIG to write zillions in credit default swaps with ZERO reserves to back them up? ZERO???
Go ahead. Show us how much you know. I've numbered 'em for you so you can real specific.

Read this dummy...learn what CNN will not tell you...do you really want to live your life with only half of the truth?

Clinton's Legacy: The Financial and Housing Meltdown
You might be wise to start listening to CNN, because this article is bullshit.
Really?...well who is caught lying more...CNN and your sources or my sources?......

Yours.

You mean when the inner city home loans Clinton and Reno ordered the banks to hand out to people that couldn't qualify crashed the market?....rewriting recent history does not work....

Okay, tell me:
  1. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to create shitty, opaque CMOs and the even more hideous CDOs?
  2. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to sell shit mortgages to the banks to be put in those CMO's, often by the very next day?
  3. How did Clinton and Reno force the ratings agencies to slap AAA (TREASURY-level) ratings on those shit securities, making them highly attractive to buy?
  4. How did Clinton and Reno force mortgage companies to write no-doc loans with insane balloons, knowing they'd be sold off in 12 hours to a shit CMO at NO risk?
  5. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to threaten the ratings agencies with lost business if they didn't give them AAA ratings on shit securities?
  6. How did Clinton and Reno force Alan Greenspan to REFUSE to regulate derivatives while CFTC Chairwoman Brooksley Borns was BEGGING him to?
  7. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to drop their standards to the ground when they needed more shit CMO's and CDO's to SELL OFF for huge fees?
  8. How did Clinton and Reno force the banks to SHORT the VERY SAME shit securities they were selling to their CLIENTS, WHILE the whole thing was collapsing?
  9. How did Clinton and Reno force GS & John Paulson to create shit CMO's that were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to FAIL so they could buy swaps on them, making Paulson a cool $2 BILLION?
  10. How did Clinton and Reno force AIG to write zillions in credit default swaps with ZERO reserves to back them up? ZERO???
Go ahead. Show us how much you know. I've numbered 'em for you so you can real specific.

Exactly. You spoke the cold hard truth this time mac. And you won't get a straight answer.
They can't answer because that critical information is not fed to them in the alternate universe.

They simply don't know.

For their education:
subprime.gif

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "Regulation Caused the Subprime Crisis"

Okay, tell me:

Exactly. You spoke the cold hard truth this time mac. And you won't get a straight answer.
They can't answer because that critical information is not fed to them in the alternate universe.

They simply don't know.

For their education:
View attachment 277691
What is that?...lol where did you dig that up and what does it have to do with this debate?....Buuuuaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!

As I expected. You have NO idea what I'm talking about. NONE.

You're reduced to linking to "Reason" magazine. You couldn't even TRY.

This is what happens when you choose to delegate your thinking to others.
I present the truth to you that you have been wrong for the last two decades and you just act like you learned nothing from it....
The Truth. Too funny.

You don't even know what I'm talking about. You're just linking to the words of others.

Pathetic.
Some people just refuse to except the truth...I guess you are one of them....
No, Mac1958 is right. Since you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't even know if what you linked is right or not. All you know, and what everyone here knows, is that you like what it says.
I know my link is right because I lived through it....I was awake while Clinton was president....can't say the same for you dweebs....I remember Reno threatening banks with regulation and fines....coercing them into loaning people of color home loans whether they qualified or not....everyone was refinancing their homes and making money from it...and Clinton said it was racist for the banks to deny minorities the same opportunity....the link is 100% correct....just because it blows your narrative for the last two decades is not my problem....

I lived through Clinton also and that means I lived through Gramm-Leech-Blilley. Your link is not only wrong but Alan Greenspan admitted that your opinion is wrong to congress.

“You had the authority to prevent irresponsible lending practices that led to the subprime mortgage crisis. You were advised to do so by many others,” said Representative Henry A. Waxman of California, chairman of the committee. “Do you feel that your ideology pushed you to make decisions that you wish you had not made?”

Mr. Greenspan conceded: “Yes, I’ve found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I’ve been very distressed by that fact.”

On a day that brought more bad news about rising home foreclosures and slumping employment, Mr. Greenspan refused to accept blame for the crisis but acknowledged that his belief in deregulation had been shaken.

He noted that the immense and largely unregulated business of spreading financial risk widely, through the use of exotic financial instruments called derivatives, had gotten out of control and had added to the havoc of today’s crisis. As far back as 1994, Mr. Greenspan staunchly and successfully opposed tougher regulation on derivatives.

But on Thursday, he agreed that the multitrillion-dollar market for credit default swaps, instruments originally created to insure bond investors against the risk of default, needed to be restrained.

“This modern risk-management paradigm held sway for decades,” he said. “The whole intellectual edifice, however, collapsed in the summer of last year.”

Greenspan Concedes Error on Regulation

I lived through Clinton also and that means I lived through Gramm-Leech-Blilley. Your link is not only wrong but Alan Greenspan admitted that your opinion is wrong to congress
Greenspan?...you are a gullible tool....I can't help you....you are on your own tard.....

Okay, tell me:

They simply don't know.

For their education:
View attachment 277691
What is that?...lol where did you dig that up and what does it have to do with this debate?....Buuuuaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!

It shows that the CRA had no affect on the riskiness of loans. Despite what Investors Business Daily said a decade ago, and moronic bigots take as the holy scriptures.

I lived through Clinton also and that means I lived through Gramm-Leech-Blilley. Your link is not only wrong but Alan Greenspan admitted that your opinion is wrong to congress
Greenspan?...you are a gullible tool....I can't help you....you are on your own tard.....

Name calling doesn't erase the facts. You're wrong. Just face it.

t shows that the CRA had no affect on the riskiness of loans. Despite what Investors Business Daily said a decade ago, and moronic bigots take as the holy scriptures.
I don't care what the CRA shows...we watched banks try and unload those loans...we watched them sink....you are being fooled by Clinton apologists...

I provided a link with the evidence and the facts you choose not to believe...that's your problem not mine...I watch your opinions
get proven wrong everyday on this board so for you to disagree with me is a complement....

t shows that the CRA had no affect on the riskiness of loans. Despite what Investors Business Daily said a decade ago, and moronic bigots take as the holy scriptures.
I don't care what the CRA shows...we watched banks try and unload those loans...we watched them sink....you are being fooled by Clinton apologists...
Ahhh so facts be damned huh? You know better because you remember...."something"

Unregulated derivatives were at the heart of the problem. Greenspan refused to regulate them. It's common knowledge in Normal World.

It was the subject of Question 6 of those 10 direct and specific questions I asked you, to which you didn't know the answer.

You can call people names all you want, but that doesn't stop you from being completely ignorant. And completely conned.

Last edited:

Okay, tell me:

They simply don't know.

For their education:
View attachment 277691

It shows that the CRA had no affect on the riskiness of loans. Despite what Investors Business Daily said a decade ago, and moronic bigots take as the holy scriptures.
Trumpsters are told it was the CRA, so that's all they know. The massive amount of information available to them is considered fake news and obediently avoided.

There's nothing that can be done.

I provided a link with the evidence and the facts you choose not to believe...that's your problem not mine...I watch your opinions
get proven wrong everyday on this board so for you to disagree with me is a complement....

You have shown no facts and you have not seen my opinions proven wrong every day. Just because you lock yourself into a life of lies along other similarly ignorant people doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

The man who was in charge of monetary policy at that time says your ass is wrong.

They simply don't know.

For their education:
View attachment 277691

Trumpsters are told it was the CRA, so that's all they know. The massive amount of information available to them is considered fake news and obediently avoided.

Because the CRA requires banks to do business in minority communities who have money in those banks, the racist narrative of we're giving them something causes these idiots to blame the CRA. The CRA was passed in 1976. The crash was in 2007.

They simply don't know.

For their education:
View attachment 277691

True. If it isn't on the Prolefeed, it isn't news to them.

Forum List

Back