National Abortion Ban Possible if Roe v. Wade Overturned: Mitch McConnell

They should but they aren't. You have to follow that states law when you are within that states jurisdiction.

Agreed, but some documents and acts cross over State lines due to federal law based on constitutional principles. To me CCW permits should be included in that.

Drivers license and marriage license are the only privilege all states honor.
Car registrations can be added to that. as well as birth certificates and such.

I know those are more documents then privileges, but the thing is most States don't make you go through getting all new documents and such unless you decide to move to said State.

Car registrations can be added to that. as well as birth certificates and such.

I know those are more documents then privileges, but the thing is most States don't make you go through getting all new documents and such unless you decide to move to said State.
Those aren't license.

Anything is "possible" but it's refreshing that the radical left understands that a repeal of RvW does not automatically result in a ban on abortions. It will be left to the voters and that's the democratic way.

Agreed, but some documents and acts cross over State lines due to federal law based on constitutional principles. To me CCW permits should be included in that.

I think that would be a bad idea. Different states have different laws and standards. In commie states they favor the criminal whereas in American states they favor the victim. A law abiding citizen from my state could find themselves in a heap of trouble using deadly force against an attacker in New York.

I think that would be a bad idea. Different states have different laws and standards. In commie states they favor the criminal whereas in American states they favor the victim. A law abiding citizen from my state could find themselves in a heap of trouble using deadly force against an attacker in New York.

Right now you find yourself in a heap of trouble just carrying the weapon with you, even if you are just passing through.

Nothing wrong with the devil's advocate. It keeps brains working and brings out other opinions or potentials.

I mean it is possible, but I considered it so unlikely I didn't think it worth mentioning really. But yes it could potentially happen.

I was merely pointing out how McConnel (as much as I dislike him) was correct in saying it is possible. I won't claim to be a lawyer or have any studies in law. I'm a retired truck driver. What I do know is that federal courts only get involved in constitutional or law issues. That's why they didn't get involved with the 2020 election but did in the 2000. In the Gore race, the state federal courts were creating laws on the bench and that's the only reason the SC heard the case. Other than that, voting is completely a state issue whether you disagree with their standards or not.

Right now you find yourself in a heap of trouble just carrying the weapon with you, even if you are just passing through.

Very true. It was only a few years ago when that vet visited NYC. He seen a No Firearms sign I believe at the statue of liberty, handed his weapon to the guard, and was arrested just for carrying.

Even if our state had reciprocity in one of those states, I still wouldn't take my gun there.

Mcconnell needs to remove his Republican shirt, and expose his Democrat shirt beneath it, because a traitor he is to the Republic.
Republicans aren’t going to stop with just overturning Roe.

Angry and frustrated with women traveling to free states to exercise their right to privacy, the authoritarian right will enact draconian Federal measures to subject women to unwarranted criminal prosecution:

‘Since 2006, more than 1,300 people have been arrested, detained, or punished for allegedly committing crimes related to their pregnancies, according to National Advocates for Pregnant Women, a civil rights group. Over the last few decades, a number of states have passed so-called “fetal assault” laws targeting pregnant people for activities seen as harmful, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which supports abortion rights, and Amnesty International.’

What next will the neo-fascist right do – require women to register their pregnancies with the state, require women to wear badges with the letter ‘P,’ mandate that medical providers notify the state when a woman tests positive for being pregnant.

Overturning Roe is just the beginning.

Clearly not.

‘Abortion’ has nothing to do with “states’ rights”; overturning Roe has nothing to do with “states’ rights.”

That Republicans would seek to ‘ban’ abortion via Federal law is further proof that for the authoritarian right it’s about increasing the size and power of government at the expense of individual liberty.
Which is precisely what they plan to do. But they need the senate, first. So they will lie right up to election day.

Agreed it's not about "states rights" - through if it's overturned States can ban it, if the people there decide to....but so can the Feds. That's all Mitch was saying. The Feds can also make it completely legal at all stages if they decide to.

This is a nothing burger, but the demafascist need something to riot about and distract from the horrible job they have done since they've been in power
The country doesn't have anymore time to waste on playing games with the ultra leftist Democrat's. It's time to save the children and this nation before it's too late.

Angry and frustrated with women traveling to free states to exercise their right to privacy, the authoritarian right will enact draconian Federal measures to subject women to unwarranted criminal prosecution:

‘Since 2006, more than 1,300 people have been arrested, detained, or punished for allegedly committing crimes related to their pregnancies, according to National Advocates for Pregnant Women, a civil rights group. Over the last few decades, a number of states have passed so-called “fetal assault” laws targeting pregnant people for activities seen as harmful, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which supports abortion rights, and Amnesty International.’

What next will the neo-fascist right do – require women to register their pregnancies with the state, require women to wear badges with the letter ‘P,’ mandate that medical providers notify the state when a woman tests positive for being pregnant.

So do you advocate for rights of a woman ??? Do tell us what a person in your opinion should have the right to do in regards to her pregnancy, and at what line should the state draw in the sand when it comes to the allowance of a person to engage in activities that are immoral and unethical ?? You say women were detained, arrested, and punished for matters related to their pregnancies, so I ask were they breaking the laws ??

We can sit here and debate forever what you think is right and wrong, and you can do the same with me, but in the end it's what the law says, and if law's are changed by the will of the people through proper channels then so be it.

You don't want proper procedures followed, nor do you want the will of the people to succeed. One day you will regret your positions on the issue's, but hopefully when that day comes you will finally wake up and do the right thing even though it's doubtful.

So do you advocate for rights of a woman ??? Do tell us what a person in your opinion should have the right to do in regards to her pregnancy, and at what line should the state draw in the sand when it comes to the allowance of a person to engage in activities that are immoral and unethical ?? You say women were detained, arrested, and punished for matters related to their pregnancies, so I ask were they breaking the laws ??

We can sit here and debate forever what you think is right and wrong, and you can do the same with me, but in the end it's what the law says, and if law's are changed by the will of the people through proper channels then so be it.

You don't want proper procedures followed, nor do you want the will of the people to succeed. One day you will regret your positions on the issue's, but hopefully when that day comes you will finally wake up and do the right thing even though it's doubtful.
Yep. So, expand the court by 4 liberal judges, then bring back the filibuster for scotus judges. 6 months until the election. Plenty of time.

With the right to privacy destroyed, there’s no telling what the neo-fascist authoritarian right might do.

Overturning RvW only takes the constitutional protections away it never had in the first place.

‘Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said a national abortion ban could be "possible" if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.
[…]
In an interview with USA Today published on Saturday…McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said Thursday that a national ban on the procedure would be "possible" if the court overturns the case.’

Again, Republicans aren’t going to stop with just overturning Roe.
That would be a horrible mistake. The whole abortion issue should not be a matter of law or the courts. It's a medical issue best decided by the women involved and their doctors. Having anyone else get involved just complicates the process. Despite what many posters are saying on here abortion is never an easy decision. It's a difficult one, and anyone else getting involved in it just makes it more difficult.

Overturning RvW only takes the constitutional protections away it never had in the first place.
You can't believe that because you're probably not affected at all. But women will be made second class citizens because they don't even have control over their own reproductive Rights.

Forum List

Back