Democrats literally being inflated out of office.....Grocery and Gas trump all other issues by a mile.

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
You will be told that there is no problem. You will be told that you're panicking unnecessarily and that you are being fooled and misinformed. You will also be told by the cashier at the grocery store on that very same day that your debit card was just rejected your total was too high. Now you know damn well that you just did this identical order a few weeks ago with no problem...so what exactly is the problem? Well it is many fold and many faceted. Start with the devaluation of the dollar due to poor money policy. It just doesn't do what it used to do, doesn't buy what it used to buy. Add to that the increased prices of transportation due to hydrocarbon restrictions ( which are voluntary btw not for you and me but for the people making the restrictions ) and the supply and demand imbalances caused by the pandemic and you have the prefect recipe for RUNAWAY inflation...annnnnnd it's running away even though lefty wants to deny it. Lefty cannot deny that grocery prices have spiked 9% in the last 12 months and that is runaway by anyone's standard.

Will Roe V Wade upstage this? Maybe for a few weeks but that's all. In the mean time both pro-life and pro-choice folks still have to go the gas station and still have to do food shopping. Have you seen the faces of the folks in the grocery store these days. Reaching for a piece of steak and then disgustedly throwing it back? Tentatively reaching for this or that and then quickly pulling out the calculator then checking their wallets? Oh yeah...it's coming.

JO

JO

OK so here's the question Mr Republican candidate: If democrats are responsible somehow for inflation it should be easy to explain how republicans will bring prices down other than the usual means of causing a deep recession.

I about shit myself when I saw that gas in town was at $4.55 a gallon today. It's fucking insane. 2022 and 2024 need to be years of reckoning for liberal policies.

Gas is all on the dems, but the food prices have an isty bitsy to do with the conservative war on brown people named Jesus, Julio, and Juan. We have a worker problem, legal or otherwise, dogging the food processing chain.

If gas prices go down, all prices go down. It would benefit every person who spends a penny.

Duh

That is a big if. Considering your username and avatar, I can only assume you experienced last year that east coast gas prices went through the roof over the colonial pipeline thing but didn't come down much after it was over. We were already being farmed for greenbacks by the industry before the Ukraine thing happened.

If gas prices go down, all prices go down. It would benefit every person who spends a penny.

Duh
There has never been a direct connection between American fossil fuel regulation and world-wide oil supply but it does not stop you people from continuing to make the claim. Gutting regulations will allow petroleum companies to perhaps make greater profits but as we have seen in every other industry larger profits are never followed with lower prices to consumers.

That is a big if. Considering your username and avatar, I can only assume you experienced last year that east coast gas prices went through the roof over the colonial pipeline thing but didn't come down much after it was over. We were already being farmed for greenbacks by the industry before the Ukraine thing happened.

*Biden's policies and new regulations on oil and gas. Prices were no where near where they are now under Trump.

There has never been a direct connection between American fossil fuel regulation and world-wide oil supply but it does not stop you people from continuing to make the claim. Gutting regulations will allow petroleum companies to perhaps make greater profits but as we have seen in every other industry larger profits are never followed with lower prices to consumers.
What were gas prices under Trump?

*Biden's policies and new regulations on oil and gas. Prices were no where near where they are now under Trump.

People under lockdown reduced demand and prices fell. That is true. Nonetheless, you seem to be missing the big lesson here--industries where you are seeing inflation the worst are the same businesses that are being more aggressive with pricing--gas stations and grocery stores. Restaurants that need the same food chain are not pricing as aggressively and plastics that use the same petroleum are not as well.

People under lockdown reduced demand and prices fell. That is true. Nonetheless, you seem to be missing the big lesson here--industries where you are seeing inflation the worst are the same businesses that are being more aggressive with pricing--gas stations and grocery stores. Restaurants that need the same food chain are not pricing as aggressively and plastics that use the same petroleum are not as well.
Restaurants have to be careful with their pricing, they are not a necessity.

But, I have lived every single day the last 2 years (lol) and from my experience, all prices have gone up drastically.

Restaurants have to be careful with their pricing, they are not a necessity.

But, I have lived every single day the last 2 years (lol) and from my experience, all prices have gone up drastically.
By all accounts the problem is that Americans stopped buying services and started buying stuff. This has started to reverse somewhat but still demand for durable goods is greater than it has ever been. I know I increased my pile of worldly possessions this last year.

OK so here's the question Mr Republican candidate: If democrats are responsible somehow for inflation it should be easy to explain how republicans will bring prices down other than the usual means of causing a deep recession.

Let me guess

Their solution to inflation will involve corporate tax cuts

By all accounts the problem is that Americans stopped buying services and started buying stuff. This has started to reverse somewhat but still demand for durable goods is greater than it has ever been. I know I increased my pile of worldly possessions this last year.
100% of "stuff" that you buy has gas prices built in.

Gas prices were down long before the lockdowns. FYI
Another one who thinks the president can make gas cheaper. Every time we have a price spike Americans again refuse to learn about supply and demand in the commodities market.

Forum List

Back