Naked Ladies

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
00001IMG_00001_BURST20210807152004.jpg
Mine are blooming early this year, strange weather continues, I think that has a lot to do with it. Also known as Surprise Lilies or Resurrection Lilies. The gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving. About 15 years ago I started with a dozen bulbs. They multiply like crazy, and it seems like you have to divide them at least every third year. They are glorious. Going fast in the spring, it looks like bunches of daffodils, they never flower they never do anything, in a couple of months they died away completely, then in another month or two these tall stocks appear that burst into florets of these beautiful pink flowers. And like I said, they multiply like crazy. I've never counted all them, but I'm sure I probably how close to a thousand of them now.

Attachments

• 00001IMG_00001_BURST20210807152029.jpg
    00001IMG_00001_BURST20210807152029.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 66
No, it was in the way. Weird part is, I never saw any of the leafy parts on the volunteer this spring when the ones deliberately planted were leafing out.
I like planting them between the lilies, a bit of color after the lilies are done and pretty much the same size plus they leaf out at different times so there's no competition between them.

I like planting them between the lilies, a bit of color after the lilies are done and pretty much the same size plus they leaf out at different times so there's no competition between them.
That's how they are in my yard. We've lived here 6 years; the stand of flowers is very well established and has likely been there 10+ years at a guess.

That's how they are in my yard. We've lived here 6 years; the stand of flowers is very well established and has likely been there 10+ years at a guess.
When / If you dig them up you're going to have hundreds of bulbs to replant.

So now I know the name for this plant. There is a house a few blocks away that has them sporadically. I never knew what they were. They just come up in that yard randomly. I planted some other bulb that I thought was them but ended up being totally different.

Forum List

Back