My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

I always have a loaded firearm near by.
It saved me and the Wife on one occasion.
That implies you fired it. What were the circumstances?

Didnt have to.
We got a knock on the door and I looked out the side window to find three hispanics/south americans at the door.
I answered and they asked to come in and use the phone as their car had broken down.
I told em to hold up and the wife would bring the cordless.
At that point I noticed the one in the back had a cell phone in his hand. He saw me eye it and he started pushing through his buddies because he realized I was on to them.
I brought the barrel of my sawed off 870 into view from behind the door jam and they fell all over themselves jumping into their supposedly broken down car and hauled ass.

I always have a loaded firearm near by.
It saved me and the Wife on one occasion.
That implies you fired it. What were the circumstances?

Didnt have to.
We got a knock on the door and I looked out the side window to find three hispanics/south americans at the door.
I answered and they asked to come in and use the phone as their car had broken down.
I told em to hold up and the wife would bring the cordless.
At that point I noticed the one in the back had a cell phone in his hand. He saw me eye it and he started pushing through his buddies because he realized I was on to them.
I brought the barrel of my sawed off 870 into view from behind the door jam and they fell all over themselves jumping into their supposedly broken down car and hauled ass.
/——/ How could you be so mean to those poor misunderstood children? I’m outraged

We should be doing drills in school to prepare teachers and students to deal with this. We prepare for fires. We prepare for tornados. Heck we used to prepare for nuclear strikes. This is just good common sense

Why do some of think we don't do active shooter drills?

It's pretty sad that we have to.
Never did in my day.

Could you explain to me why you leftists think "I'm too obtuse to understand the question" is a clever debate tactic?
After you explain why you can't read linked articles.

Shockingly, continuing to disagree with you doesn't indicate that I didn't read your material. It just indicates that I still disagree with you.

Now your turn. Why do you think flaunting your inability to understand English is a clever debate tactic?

So if someone broke into your home you wouldnt use them to defend you and your family?
You think I leave them lying around assembled, loaded and unsecured? Gun nuts' fantasies never deal in reality.

So your answer is that you would simply allow the person who broke into your home to do whatever they wanted with your family.

Leftists don't even want to teach their children what gender they are, and you want them to go into something as complicated as firearm safety? What's the matter with you?

You don't have to teach a child what gender they are ... They are what they are.
What they are teaching children is that they can be something they aren't.

Leftists don't even want to teach their children what gender they are, and you want them to go into something as complicated as firearm safety? What's the matter with you?

You don't have to teach a child what gender they are ... They are what they are.
What they are teaching children is that they can be something they aren't.

They are what they are, but you DO have to teach them what the name for it is. That'd be where the leftists get stuck.

We should be doing drills in school to prepare teachers and students to deal with this. We prepare for fires. We prepare for tornados. Heck we used to prepare for nuclear strikes. This is just good common sense

Never did in my day.
/——/ Well in my day we had practice drills for a nuclear blast from the USSR. And even at the age of 8 we knew a school desk offered no protection from a thermo nuclear blast. But when Sister Mary Ursula swung her brass ruler we did as she said.

Never did in my day.
/——/ Well in my day we had practice drills for a nuclear blast from the USSR. And even at the age of 8 we knew a school desk offered no protection from a thermo nuclear blast. But when Sister Mary Ursula swung her brass ruler we did as she said.

Yeah I was an in between....
We practiced fire drills.

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

I couldn’t find a poll or survey to back up, or discredit your numbers. What I did find was a recent news story. What it's like for one teacher who already carries a gun

In it they say that 100 teachers in Colorado are armed. So for your statement to be true, there would need to be nearly 100,000 teachers in Colorado. https://www.cde.state.co.us/communications/coeducationfactsandfigures

There are half that many. Now, this does not cover who supports it, just who is willing to participate. Who is actually willing to step up, and that number alone is more than your notional 98% opposed would allow.

So what can we say about it? Well. If we look towards any other issue, then without some hard data, for example polls, surveys, or best of all elections, we are left with the assumption that the number is far higher than a mere 2%.

As one example. One need not have an abortion to support the woman’s right to a terrible choice. I’ve never had one, and I’ve never been in a relationship with a woman who has had one with me. I have known one woman who had one, before we were together. Yet, I still support the right of a woman to make that choice. Many woman do as well, despite the fact that they haven’t had an abortion.

Yet, in polling, some 70% support the woman’s right either all the way, or with some restrictions. With an estimated one million abortions a year, it is simply impossible for even all the woman who support it to have had an abortion. Much less the men in the poll.

I’m afraid you pulled your number out of your proverbial ass. You hoped it was that high, but in reality, the numbers who are willing to step up and actually get the gun, and carry it, along with the responsibility, is more than double the number you quote. That does not include everyone who supports it, but just those who are willing to step up and participate.

Never did in my day.

Yeah I was an in between....
We practiced fire drills.
/----/ I always wondered, as a kid, why the teachers didn't have to hide under their desk as well.
1234.jpg

Having a couple armed security guards on campus makes sense at this point. Arming teachers is nothing more than giving in, plus its an all around nutty idea.
I seriously doubt the comprehensive bg checks trump is promising will be followed through with.

"Giving in"? Giving in to what, precisely?

By only focusing on protecting by force, wondering how it happened in the first place then letting the issue fade away till next time.
The shooter responsible for the Texas church deaths had a domestic violence conviction and was barred from having guns. Yet he went on to kill 26 people.
Time to make it very inconvenient for potential criminals.

Forum List

Back