My city is gone, what about yours?

Brooklyn? Pass. Any part of New York SHITTY needs to be sunk into the Atlantic.
When was the last time you were there?
Never, fortunately.
Always nice to hear an opinion unbiased by actual experience.
New York Shitty has been nothing but a leech on the rest of the state. Every fucking idiotic policy that comes from the Capital District is geared EXCLUSIVELY to benefit the cesspool and to hell with the rest of the state.
I grant you there is a part of most NYC natives that considers Canada begins just north of Bear Mountain. On the other hand, almost 1/2 of all NYers live in or around the city. I do feel for you since I feel the same way about Wyoming having way more power (proportionally) than NY does.
Ahh yes, another asswipe who thinks the urban shitholes should have ALL the say in the national agenda. Two words for you: Screw YOU!
Ahh yes, another asswipe who thinks the rural shitholes should have ALL the say in the national agenda. Two words for you: Screw YOU!
OK, then get this. These rural areas, which BTW represent America far better than the urban shitholes, will cut off all food supplies to the cities, how's that for revenge?

Until America is completely erased and transformed into a Marxist state of poverty...their work will continue.

Unimpeded I must add

It is as much the fault of those who did nothing....as it is those who did everything
The uppity left will be crushed. Humans have been rising up against their ilk for the past 5,000 years.
Funny you mention history, because liberalism has always won out in the end for all of it.
“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground.”
-Jefferson
Yeah bro, women being able to vote and have a bank account, black people no longer being slaves... that shit was a real blow to your liberty. Fuck off you piece of garbage.
Well...numbnuts......neither of us were alive when that was the case....so you're just dumb.......and a racist.

Brooklyn? Pass. Any part of New York SHITTY needs to be sunk into the Atlantic.
When was the last time you were there?
Never, fortunately.
Always nice to hear an opinion unbiased by actual experience.
New York Shitty has been nothing but a leech on the rest of the state. Every fucking idiotic policy that comes from the Capital District is geared EXCLUSIVELY to benefit the cesspool and to hell with the rest of the state.
I grant you there is a part of most NYC natives that considers Canada begins just north of Bear Mountain. On the other hand, almost 1/2 of all NYers live in or around the city. I do feel for you since I feel the same way about Wyoming having way more power (proportionally) than NY does.
Ahh yes, another asswipe who thinks the urban shitholes should have ALL the say in the national agenda. Two words for you: Screw YOU!
Ahh yes, another asswipe who thinks the rural shitholes should have ALL the say in the national agenda. Two words for you: Screw YOU!
OK, then get this. These rural areas, which BTW represent America far better than the urban shitholes, will cut off all food supplies to the cities, how's that for revenge?
Laughable. Everything that gets imported or exported goes through a port city, such as NYC. They'll still get beef from Brazil but your Chinese-made iPhones may be in short supply.

Everyone thought so before the Woke crowd started screaming.

Well, actually, no. Columbus wasn't an important figure before the 20th century. He was more of a footnote.

Then Italian-Americans wanted a "hero".

So it was more about people being woke in 1934, which is when Columbus Day was made a holiday.

Columbus wasn't an important figure before the 20th century. He was more of a footnote.

How many cities/counties in the US were named after that 'footnote'?

Speaking of 'foot', time to take yours out of your mouth.

It's pretty simple you stupid commie fuck, the heart of the city is dead. And the disease that killed it is spreading. Anti-American assholes like you are proof positive of that.

Um, no, he really didn't say what happened in his city, exactly. That's the point.
What happened?
Does it matter?
What changed that city?
Well....the desires of a few outweighs the desires of the many.
This is how the minority ends up oppressing the majority.
This is not Democracy.

Oh please. The city that Ray is referring to is largely unchanged demographically since he and his buddy rolled those cannonballs back into a triangle. What's changed is his age, perception, and his memories wrapped in nostalgia.
Happens to all of us. I have no idea of what you're driving at beyond "Does it matter?".

Lots of places are named after people nobody remembers.

For instance, I live in DuPage Country, IL.

DuPage county was named for a fur trapper named DuPage, who no one seems to remember much about.

Lots of places are named after people nobody remembers.

For instance, I live in DuPage Country, IL.

DuPage county was named for a fur trapper named DuPage, who no one seems to remember much about.

Need a crowbar to get that foot out of your mouth?

or do you just enjoy the taste?

That one political party has all the right answers & the other party is comprised of only evil people defies reality. That political party's are out of touch with average Americans. work mainly to keep there cushy jobs by bowing to those who give them the dollars. Take money out of politics and things will improve for all.

Happy to say, the statues in my city have gone largely unmolested. :heehee:

41667865292_2aa5db8fe6_b.jpg

Another "good old days" thread? I grew up in almost unimaginable poverty in various rural Appalachian shitholes. Nostalgia is for people who grew up pampered and sheltered with full bellies and parents who had time to raise them.

Is that your excuse why you are so stupid about everything political?
What's your excuse? The "good old days" were not that good for everyone. Your pampered boomer ass does not even like being reminded of that.

The city I grew up in is a piece of work. It is a small New England town tucked away in southwestern New Hampshire with a beautiful church at the head of a circular rotary featuring a statue of a Civil War soldier. On a sultry summer night well after the witching hour in 1967 my friend Sonny and I were trying to move scattered cannonballs back into the neat pile where they originated around the replica cannon on Central Square as it is known.

Those round projectiles were incredibly heavy, and I could barely roll one, but Sonny was strong, and he could lift one and carry it. Just three years prior the city had been recognized for an “All-America-City” award, a distinction not handed out lightly. I could not have known a half century ago that the city would devolve into a bizarre Orwellian nightmare, manufacturing moronic Manchurian Candidates of political correctness.

The city has a newspaper, a radio station, and a college that have morphed into a kind of local Bermuda Triangle of dispensed brain damage, influencing public opinion in destructive ways, not the least of which appears to be a drop in local average intelligence. It is counterintuitive that a city with a college at its center would produce a cerebrally stunted population but that appears to be the case and it seems to be part of a plan to wreck civilized society in order to rebuild it in the image of some grand utopian surveilled and controlled model of totalitarian overlording.

It has been nearly 60 years since that All America City Award and in the overall scheme that is not much time to stupefy a community into giving up their most important freedoms. A brazen, stolen, and crooked presidential election took place right before the eyes of local denizens preoccupied with the fairy dust of equity, inclusion, and Critical Race Theory. The city is lost, and I am greatly saddened by this outcome.

All I can do is to keep an account of what is happening and use wordsmithing skills to bring it to the people. That is becoming more difficult in an age that cancels “dangerous thinking”. For those that can still think, censorship is the hallmark of every totalitarian society that has ever existed. If you are reading this you are still free, but time is running out. My city is gone, what about yours?
You being a sad, butthurt loser doesn't mean that a city has disappeared, snowflake.
:thankusmile:

:thankusmile:

The city I grew up in is a piece of work. It is a small New England town tucked away in southwestern New Hampshire with a beautiful church at the head of a circular rotary featuring a statue of a Civil War soldier. On a sultry summer night well after the witching hour in 1967 my friend Sonny and I were trying to move scattered cannonballs back into the neat pile where they originated around the replica cannon on Central Square as it is known.

Those round projectiles were incredibly heavy, and I could barely roll one, but Sonny was strong, and he could lift one and carry it. Just three years prior the city had been recognized for an “All-America-City” award, a distinction not handed out lightly. I could not have known a half century ago that the city would devolve into a bizarre Orwellian nightmare, manufacturing moronic Manchurian Candidates of political correctness.

The city has a newspaper, a radio station, and a college that have morphed into a kind of local Bermuda Triangle of dispensed brain damage, influencing public opinion in destructive ways, not the least of which appears to be a drop in local average intelligence. It is counterintuitive that a city with a college at its center would produce a cerebrally stunted population but that appears to be the case and it seems to be part of a plan to wreck civilized society in order to rebuild it in the image of some grand utopian surveilled and controlled model of totalitarian overlording.

It has been nearly 60 years since that All America City Award and in the overall scheme that is not much time to stupefy a community into giving up their most important freedoms. A brazen, stolen, and crooked presidential election took place right before the eyes of local denizens preoccupied with the fairy dust of equity, inclusion, and Critical Race Theory. The city is lost, and I am greatly saddened by this outcome.

All I can do is to keep an account of what is happening and use wordsmithing skills to bring it to the people. That is becoming more difficult in an age that cancels “dangerous thinking”. For those that can still think, censorship is the hallmark of every totalitarian society that has ever existed. If you are reading this you are still free, but time is running out. My city is gone, what about yours?

So I hear a lot of towns have changed over the last 60 years. Did you know that Mayberry now has black people, and one person on the town council is openly gay? Otis's son runs a microbrewery. Andy wouldn't even recognize the town now.

PS, the suggestion that post 61 put fourth for rural areas, depriving both children & adults of the necessary foods to grow & stay healthy, May be mean spirited, but would fail, as the corporations so loved have decided they make more money by importing a large part of our fruits & veg's from Mexico.

Forum List

Back