CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

Notice the NRA nuts have moved the OP from "how do we break the access between crazies and guns" to "you want to take away my guns."

Are you who support that all crazies?
C'mon, man - use your head.

You are fixated on a single solution - whether it works or not. Honestly, you don't even care if it works or not. You just want to look at yourself in the mirror, and say "I did something". Whether it works or not is irrelevant. And, children will keep dying.

Address the problem - the SHOOTER is the problem, not the weapon.

Why did the FBI slow walk the reports on this guy?
He took his rifle to school in a soft case to that school using Uber.
Is that a NORMAL Uber run?
He posted an open threat 6 months ago and no mental health check?

How many people missed this despite the complaints of friends, teachers and staff?

And local cops had been to his home 39 times......on domestic disturbances with mental health issues........
39 visits SHOULD have put him on the no buy list! Who failed to follow the existing law and do that?
Under what guideline? 39 visits? 15 visits? 10 visits? 2 visits?

No crime - no time.

Notice the NRA nuts have moved the OP from "how do we break the access between crazies and guns" to "you want to take away my guns."

Are you who support that all crazies?

You still haven't told me where the Constitution says your kid has a right to be safe in his school.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg

Explain how the Nazicrat Party's gun ban will be enforced

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

There is no such thing as a right to safety. A government cannot ensure that. A law cannot grant safety, the world is a dangerous place. There is already a law in place to protect schools and school students from guns, they are called gun free zones.

Doesnt surprise me Jake left out the most IMPORTANT part.
The COTUS

I swear conservatives now fetishize the Constitution more than the Founding Fathers did. They knew that things change and that the document should change right along with the times.

There’s a reason you can’t own a nuclear warhead, TN....

There is no such thing as a right to safety. A government cannot ensure that. A law cannot grant safety, the world is a dangerous place. There is already a law in place to protect schools and school students from guns, they are called gun free zones.
..and that works SO well.

The COTUS

I swear conservatives now fetishize the Constitution more than the Founding Fathers did. They knew that things change and that the document should change right along with the times.

You don't like it - change it.

Quit whining.

That's called a logical fallacy ---- gun control will not ensure your child is safe at school. Identification and control of those disturbed individuals who may do this will.

Yeah, look at all the Scottish school shootings after they tightened gun control in response to the Dunblane massacre!

Oh, wait......

This shooter was identified to the FBI....this shooter had 39 previous contacts with local police over domestic issues relating to mental health....so tell us.....how do you actually get law enforcement to do their job?
C'mon - you know how the law works. You actually have to COMMIT a crime in order to be arrested/restricted.
Why did the FBI slow walk the reports on this guy?
He took his rifle to school in a soft case to that school using Uber.
Is that a NORMAL Uber run?
He posted an open threat 6 months ago and no mental health check?

How many people missed this despite the complaints of friends, teachers and staff?

You're absolutely right --- they had all this information.

The question is, though - what do you do about it? They can't arrest a person until AFTER he commits a crime. Thinking about doing it isn't illegal. We can't force him to mental health care - we can't put him in a facility. (The ACLU took care of that - remember sanitariums?)

Everybody knew it - everybody reported to the authorities? But, what tools have we given authorities to respond?
But he HAD committed a crime!
Assault is the THREAT to do harm.
Battery is the ACT of doing harm!
He was guilty of assault by posting the comment.

The COTUS

You can. There are just regulations and certain permit requirements. You would have to be a billionaire to do it, but you could. If you could get the govt to sell you fissile material that is :)
Yes, they made it to where the COTUS could be changed. Its called an amendment.
I have been saying for years if all the statists that want to shit on the cotus and give the govt more power (even though are complete failures), just get the votes. If it is such a good idea, you shouldnt have any problems.

Last edited:

That's called a logical fallacy ---- gun control will not ensure your child is safe at school. Identification and control of those disturbed individuals who may do this will.

Yeah, look at all the Scottish school shootings after they tightened gun control in response to the Dunblane massacre!

Oh, wait......

How many school shootings did they have before they banned and confiscated guns? One..........and they almost had two since then.....they didn't have a school shooting problem when their people were allowed to own them, and they almost had school shootings after they banned them...the only thing that stopped the last two school shootings in Britain? Dumb luck.....the 19 year old posted on social media....the elementary school student with the shotgun changed his mind and called the police on himself...

You don't know what you are talking about....

You are blowing against the wind, Jake. Gun nuts will not relinquish their toys, and the messages they get through their tin foil hats warns them that they must be prepared for the black helicopters and New World Order when they come in the night.

You are blowing against the wind, Jake. Gun nuts will not relinquish their toys, and the messages they get through their tin foil hats warns them that they must be prepared for the black helicopters and New World Order when they come in the night.

Europe gave up their guns after World War 1. Twenty years later they sent 12 million people to their deaths in gas chambers........unarmed people...

How do we know whose child is going to shoot up a school? I believe that for children living at home even if they are over 18, parents should bear criminal responsibility in cases like this.

maybe if the NRA and it's idiot brigade stopped fighting background checks...

and maybe if Donald hadn't made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns....

:cuckoo:

they don't need to relinquish their toys... they have to get out of the way so people who shouldn't have guns, don't get them.

How do we know whose child is going to shoot up a school? I believe that for children living at home even if they are over 18, parents should bear criminal responsibility in cases like this.

and maybe if Donald hadn't made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns....

:aug08_031:

they don't need to relinquish their toys... they have to get out of the way so people who shouldn't have guns, don't get them.

Been a lot of people, judged by the SSA as mentally incompetent because they can't do their own finances, going on mass shooting sprees?

Do you really want to talk about background checks?

Do you realize we already have federally mandated background checks?

Do you realize that mass shooters almost always get their guns legally and pass current federal background checks...like this guy did....and if they can pass current federal background checks they will pass any background check on private sales too....do you understand this?

The ACLU and 23 other Disability Groups fought to end obamas ban against Social Security recipients from owning guns.......do you understand that?

Do you do any independent thinking before you post?

Forum List

Back