My Baby's Hurt :'(

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
My poor kitty will have to go to the vets this week. She was fine yesterday, but now her back right leg is really swollen and she can't go anywhere around the house without yowling and crying. We have her food, water, and litterbox in the living room right now since she can't walk too far. Poor baby, it's like having to hear your child cry. :icon_cry:

• Banned
take it to emergency if it's in that much pain.

Yeah well she can walk around a little bit and eat and drink so we're pretty sure it's not broken because then she wouldn't be able to walk at all. Otherwise she would be going to urgent care.

My poor kitty will have to go to the vets this week. She was fine yesterday, but now her back right leg is really swollen and she can't go anywhere around the house without yowling and crying. We have her food, water, and litterbox in the living room right now since she can't walk too far. Poor baby, it's like having to hear your child cry. :icon_cry:

I would do the emergency vet. Cats sometimes get a blood clot that paralyzes them for life, so if you don't know what happened, don't dilly dally. Saddle Thrombus is not something to risk, and unfortunately, it often requires the cat be euthanized.

• Banned
I would do the emergency vet. Cats sometimes get a blood clot that paralyzes them for life, so if you don't know what happened, don't dilly dally. Saddle Thrombus is not something to risk, and unfortunately, it often requires the cat be euthanized.

Yeah, but she's not paralyzed though as I just said she can still walk it just hurts her right now. We're thinking that it's probably just a sprain.

Odd thing about cats, last Summer these assholes that mow the neighbors yard with those Zero-turn mowers either hit a neighborhood cat or discharged something that hit it and it gimped-over to my house with it's back leg all dinged-up.

I doctored on it a bit and put it in a pasteboard box in a quiet corner of the basement. About four hours later it was at the door ready to go back outside seemingly none the worse for wear. Tough old Tom Cat. We call him Pete.

Yeah, but she's not paralyzed though as I just said she can still walk it just hurts her right now. We're thinking that it's probably just a sprain.

Paralysis is the most common way it manifests. It isn't the only one. Does the injured leg's paw feel cool?

Do as you like, but you are not making the choice I would make. For a cat to be crying out in pain, something serious is going on.

Paralysis is the most common way it manifests. It isn't the only one. Does the injured leg's paw feel cool?

Do as you like, but you are not making the choice I would make. For a cat to be crying out in pain, something serious is going on.

It feels normal and sorry it was the left one not the right one my mistake. The thing is since we've also moved her litterbox and food and water out to her is that we also just want to observe her for now in the time that we schedule a vet appointment because a lot of the time injuries heal on their own. If it gets more serious she will be going to urgent care.

Could she have been bitten by something?

No, she's an indoor only cat.

I've lost two cats to it so far in my life. It's definitely something to take extremely seriously.

One time my cat Scamper came home one time limping badly and it turned out he had an ACL type injury (an injury more common with large dogs than small cats). He received medicine to reduce pain and inflammation. That was effective enough and luckily he didn't need surgery.

I've lost two cats to it so far in my life. It's definitely something to take extremely seriously.

I'm really sorry to hear that and my greatest condolences, but I have an update on my cat's condition. Today she went into urgent care as I wrote about last night,.. but due to the fact she wasn't really cooperative when they were trying to get an X-ray of her leg, they injected pain medication into her with a shot and she has to take some pills for the next few days and then we'll go from there.

He didn't think it was a good idea to bring her into sedation because she's only been this way since Friday night and there are risks involved with it and they only do it when they absolutely have to. For now we're keeping all the doors to the bedrooms shut because the last thing we need is for her trying to jump up onto a bed and hurt herself even more, or break her leg if it isn't already broken.

Tagging both Coyote and Meister. I realize that Meister is already a part of this thread but I wanted to make sure that he saw the update and Coyote didn't respond only liked so I wanted to make sure that she saw this as well. We had to take the cat back to urgent care to get her X-rays because she got worse and I forgot to mention that those idiots drew blood from her on her injured leg and it was on pretty tight and finally managed to get it off of her today since she wouldn't let us go near it before.

These are the times when you just want to smack somebody since it was so awful and like hearing your child cry and there's nothing you can do about it and we didn't realize it was so tight when we finally managed to get it off. Anyways, she doesn't have a broken leg, just tissue damage so it'll get better with rest and medication. She's going into a follow-up appointment with her regular vet sometime this week too. Also, tagging JohnDB since I messaged him about this and he might not be a cat person, but he's definitely not heartless either and actually quite the contrary.

Oh and the first appointment yesterday is free of charge since we had to bring her back today since the proper job didn't get done as she should have had her X-rays yesterday. I don't blame the vet though because he had no knowledge of what those dumbasses did with her injured leg being drawn.

The pain medication has really started to kick in and she's starting to feel too good as in causing trouble lol and she still needs to rest her leg.

Now she's crashed, but she's also not eating, drinking, or using the litterbox really well. Poor baby might have to go back to the vets again or at least talk to the vet about it since she's had a past rough couple of days. :(

Btw, for those of you who haven't seen her yet, this is Jessie. :)

IMG_20201002_155933 2.jpg

Forum List

Back