Musician Captain Beefheart dies at age 69

whew
Thanks, Frank

I've heard that story countless times with either: Alice Cooper, Zappa, Ozzy, Beefheart or whoever else the music industry hates as being the one eating crap on stage.
Alice was just elected to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Should have happened years ago.

same with Neil Diamond.....i still cant believe Deep Purple is not in there.....thats why this so called hall of "fame" is a joke....its all politics and who sucks Jan Wenner's dick.....

same with Neil Diamond.....i still cant believe Deep Purple is not in there.....thats why this so called hall of "fame" is a joke....its all politics and who sucks Jan Wenner's dick.....

I agree. It seems to be a popularity contest when it should be a mixture of both popularity and musical endeavour.

And I think Jann would like that...and often!

I agree. It seems to be a popularity contest when it should be a mixture of both popularity and musical endeavour.

if he is gay yea....since most rock people seem to be guys....:lol:

I've heard that story countless times with either: Alice Cooper, Zappa, Ozzy, Beefheart or whoever else the music industry hates as being the one eating crap on stage.
Alice was just elected to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Should have happened years ago.

I disagree. I think that Neil Diamond should be one of the early inductees into the Pop Hall Of Fame. I think The Four Tops should be an inductee in the R&B Hall Of Fame. But neither are rock.

I think Deep Purple are worthy.

I disagree. I think that Neil Diamond should be one of the early inductees into the Pop Hall Of Fame. I think The Four Tops should be an inductee in the R&B Hall Of Fame. But neither are rock.

Syn....i base a lot of stuff on the fact that Chrissie Hynde got inducted as soon as she was eligible.....Neil has contributed more to rock just with his song writing in the sixties then she ever has....PLUS....Joan Jett,one of the first great woman rockers,and who influenced Hynde,and many other woman after her,is not there.....Deep Purple has influenced so many hard rock bands,each member has influenced many on their individual instruments....but they are not there.....but she is....there are still many from the sixties and seventies who deserve to be there but are overlooked every time......go to this site....these people talk about those that should be,but are not......

Artists who almost made the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Future Rock Legends

Last edited:

He came 'out' a few years ago. Left his wife and kids for a male lover...

He came 'out' a few years ago. Left his wife and kids for a male lover...

:lol:....shows you how much attention i pay to what he does.....but that would explain a lot....

Have you ever actually been to the Hall of Fame? It sucks, it sucks out loud and it sucks in the trillions column. You could do oh so much with a real Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that is if you knew your ass from a hole in the wall unlike the people who run the HoF today.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CSpU0XA2uA[/ame]

Still one of the best Live albums any group has ever put out and I still to this day crank the volume up to max at Blakmore's "Child in Time" solo

Have you ever actually been to the Hall of Fame? It sucks, it sucks out loud and it sucks in the trillions column. You could do oh so much with a real Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that is if you knew your ass from a hole in the wall unlike the people who run the HoF today.

Still one of the best Live albums any group has ever put out and I still to this day crank the volume up to max at Blakmore's "Child in Time" solo

it seemed to start off good Frank.....in the early to mid nineties is when they started inducting people who either did not belong there or who were being inducted before they should be.....when those who did the influencing are not in there,but yet the ones they influenced are.....well what does that say....Deep Purple was a major influence on Van Halen and Metallica.....both whom are in....i think it was Johnny Rotten who said ....."the Rock and Roll hall of fame is a piss stain on Rock"....

it seemed to start off good Frank.....in the early to mid nineties is when they started inducting people who either did not belong there or who were being inducted before they should be.....when those who did the influencing are not in there,but yet the ones they influenced are.....well what does that say....Deep Purple was a major influence on Van Halen and Metallica.....both whom are in....i think it was Johnny Rotten who said ....."the Rock and Roll hall of fame is a piss stain on Rock"....

It's a fun place to visit if you happen to be in Cleveland.

But what I don't understand is, at the rate they induct people, aren't they eventually going to run out of people to induct?

Are they eventually going to have to induct Brintey Spears and Justin Beebers and the like?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0eesCbN2A&feature=related[/ame]

Syn....i base a lot of stuff on the fact that Chrissie Hynde got inducted as soon as she was eligible.....Neil has contributed more to rock just with his song writing in the sixties then she ever has....PLUS....Joan Jett,one of the first great woman rockers,and who influenced Hynde,and many other woman after her,is not there.....Deep Purple has influenced so many hard rock bands,each member has influenced many on their individual instruments....but they are not there.....but she is....there are still many from the sixties and seventies who deserve to be there but are overlooked every time......go to this site....these people talk about those that should be,but are not......

Artists who almost made the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Future Rock Legends
I'm sure there was a bit of local politics involved - The Pretenders are the best band ever to come out of Cleveland, and they have always championed the city and the state of Ohio. And Chrissie Hynde is definitely worthy! I also believe she predates Joan Jett, but I may be wrong.

Forum List

Back