Muhammad Ali documentary by Ken Burns debuts tonight on PBS at 8ET, will run for 4 nights in a row, examines the relationship of Ali with Malcolm X!

I did not see any blindness of Fraser, I saw how the victory that was in his hands was taken away from him
And I saw Fraser beat helpless Ali like a bag of shit.
And who has already proved that the panthom blow really was there?
You're all over the place here. I am assuming that now you're referring to the 2nd Liston fight again?

If so, no one has proven if there was a "Phantom Punch" to this day.

Just out of curiosity, what sources to you aquire boxing history/news from?

Do you watch films, read books and articles or listen to unsubstantiated hearsay?

I did not see any blindness of Fraser, I saw how the victory that was in his hands was taken away from him
And I saw Fraser beat helpless Ali like a bag of shit.

It is easy to prove at least that Ali was not disqualified for constant violations of the rules, including trashtalk and insults during the fight, which are also prohibited. Consequently, his victories are not valid de facto.
Then prove your point, since it is "easy" to do so.

a real king would not say he is king of the world about himself. he would leave it to others to say it about him

FAnauFiXIBcUuYS

In the last fight in Manilla, Fraser beat Ali to death. A few seconds before he collapsed, Fraser's seconds threw away the towel, it looks like they were bought.
Frazier sure looked like his corner should have been "bought" after the fight was stopped.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1633105173307.jpg
    FB_IMG_1633105173307.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 17
I remember the 1st Wrestlemania in 1985, Mr. Ali served as the referee for the main event and was successful in keeping control over Roddy Piper and Mr. Wonderful when they attempted to cheat.

Great character.

Uncomfortable fact about Ali: It is not generally known, but Cassius Clay was initially classified as "4F" for the draft. That is, "Uncle Sam DOESN'T want you!" The reason for this classification was that on the Armed Forces Qualification Test, he scored BELOW 15% - which equates to an IQ around 83. (The test had various measures in place to make sure you weren't flunking it on purpose).

But during Vietnam, someone got the bright idea to lower the minimum score to 7%, which resulted in him being reclassified as "1A." We all know how that played out.

The man was an idiot. And a whoremonger. Nothing admirable about him, except for his amazing boxing skills and chin. Having him idolized by a couple generations of Black Yoots is culturally near to being the Crime of the Century.
You and unkotare agree

There is no doubting Ali's status as a heavyweight boxer. In his prime NOBODY connected with him, and he just beat the shit out of everyone he fought.

However, when considering his intellect and "conscientious objector" status one must be aware that he was a virtual moron. Literally. Think of the book/movie, "Being There," when a moron's statements are mis-interpreted as being profound, and he is elevated to high office because of the constant misunderstandings.

The U.S. Armed Forces administered a written test to potential draftees. They determined that no one with an IQ of less than 83 IQ could be drafted. The test was formulated to prevent intentional cheating; cheating could be instantly diagnosed by the pattern of correct and wrong answers. The AFQT score of 15 was the cutoff. Below that you couldn't be drafted.

Cassius Clay was classified as "4F" (not draft able), due to a score below 15 (83 IQ of lower). Then, at the height of Vietnam they decided that they could accept scores as low as 8, and this is what resulted in Clay being drafted. The rest is history.

This is fact. When I read people writing about Clay's profound statements and deep religious commitment...it's a fucking joke. He was played by the so-called Nation of Islam, and said whatever they told him to say. He was no more a devout Muslim, or any kind of a Muslim "minister" than the Pope. Further, he had the morals of a barnyard animal, with illegitimate offspring all over the fruited plain.

The fact that he has been granted cultural "sainthood" is a travesty.

Cultural observation: Prior to the emergence of Cassius Clay, it was unheard of for athletes to brag about their skills and exploits. Black or white, it simply was not done. He made it fashionable to be an insufferable braggart...if you are Black.

Professional athletics has never recovered.

I think that if I fought Ali I would kill him with one blow. I once fought with a guy of his size, and did a right hook with a step, hit the cheekbone, I break my arm, and he lost consciousness and lay in bed for two weeks, and I was afraid that he would die. If a simple guy from the street can split the skull with one hook, then why couldn't Foreman and Fraser do it, had Ali an iron head?
It's just that after Marciano, comedy-performances are shown instead of boxing.

They say when Dempsey fought, teeth flew into the ring.

Ali just f*'g freak.
Ali would have beat you senseless. Ali had a will to win that was deeper his opponents. You would not be able to take yourself to the mental level that was needed to beat Ali.

Cultural observation: Prior to the emergence of Cassius Clay, it was unheard of for athletes to brag about their skills and exploits. Black or white, it simply was not done. He made it fashionable to be an insufferable braggart...if you are Black.

More racist drivel.

1638694865300.png

Ali would have beat you senseless. Ali had a will to win that was deeper his opponents. You would not be able to take yourself to the mental level that was needed to beat Ali.
he had no will, he was just a swindler.

Seriously? Athletes were bragging about their "skills and exploits" dating back to the 19th century. John L. Sullivan, who is considered to be a legend in boxing folklore had a favorite saying......

"John L. Sullivan was now more famous than fame itself. The man who used to boast “I can lick any man in the house” now crowed “I can lick any son of a bitch in the world!”

The Great John L. Sullivan

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
he had no will, he was just a swindler.
You stand in the ring 3 times with Joe Frazier and make Frazier quit in the third fight, then come talk to me. You get your jaw broke in the first round of a fight and continue for 14 more rounds getting punced in the jaw, and I'll consider your opinion. Because what you're saying is idiotic. Ali was a skilled fighter, supreme competitor and had a willl to win few athletes in ANY sport has ever had.

If would you be dead in less than 5 rounds. Not knocked out, dead.

You stand in the ring 3 times with Joe Frazier and make Frazier quit in the third fight, then come talk to me. You get your jaw broke in the first round of a fight and continue for 14 more rounds getting punced in the jaw, and I'll consider your opinion. Because what you're saying is idiotic. Ali was a skilled fighter, supreme competitor and had a willl to win few athletes in ANY sport has ever had.

If would you be dead in less than 5 rounds. Not knocked out, dead.
His victories are fake, he is not a fighter, no one even saw him hit hard, he hit like a girl.

Seriously? Athletes were bragging about their "skills and exploits" dating back to the 19th century. John L. Sullivan, who is considered to be a legend in boxing folklore had a favorite saying......

"John L. Sullivan was now more famous than fame itself. The man who used to boast “I can lick any man in the house” now crowed “I can lick any son of a bitch in the world!”

The Great John L. Sullivan
Who is this idiot? Muhammad Ali was the size of an NFL linebacker and this fool thinks he could do somthing.

I once saw a clip of Ali throwing a combination and Sugar Ray Leonard at the same time. Ali had about the same hand speed. He said he was the greatest, then he went out and proved it.

Forum List

Back