MTA workers had a hidden "man cave" under Grand Central where they napped, drank beer and watched TV, watchdog says

Wow! I wonder how difficult it was to figure that out?
It was reported February 2019, and just now being reported. What happened? Did they have to catch them in the act of banging some prostitutes in there?

where do i sign up?

Why is this wrong when thousands of people live in the subways

Why is this wrong? Because they were supposed to be working, not drinking beer and watching television on the company dime. Just out of curiosity Joe, what would YOU do to those workers if you were the supervisor and found out they were screwing off on company time?

I worked in the mail room for a law firm on the 31st and 32nd floors in Manhattan when I was 18, and I used to smoke weed and hash on breaks up on the roof. Back then, there were no security cameras or fire escape alarms, so the stairwell led straight to the roof.

where do i sign up?

Why is this wrong when thousands of people live in the subways

Why is this wrong? Because they were supposed to be working, not drinking beer and watching television on the company dime. Just out of curiosity Joe, what would YOU do to those workers if you were the supervisor and found out they were screwing off on company time?
The article did not say that anyone was caught not working, just that there was a man cave found

ABS, do you see them screwing off on company time.

No, but according to the article, one of their co workers did.

From the OP's link........................

The investigation began after the MTA’s office of the inspector general received an anonymous tip in February 2019 alleging that there was a “man cave” under Grand Central with “a couch and a flat screen t.v.” where three specific employees would “hang out and get drunk and party.”

Fire the slacker then. Nothing wrong with a company man cave for workers off the clock.

Fire the slacker then. Nothing wrong with a company man cave for workers off the clock.

There is if it's not authorized. And, where they put it posed a fire hazard.

Quick question.................if YOU owned a company, and the workers made a man cave in an unused room, would you let it stand, especially if it was a fire hazard? I know I wouldn't.

Quick question.................if YOU owned a company, and the workers made a man cave in an unused room, would you let it stand, especially if it was a fire hazard? I know I wouldn't.
Check with HR and Insurance. Would not you.

Check with HR and Insurance. Would not you.

If the fire department tells you that it's a fire hazard, are you going to keep it? I wouldn't. Says in the article that the fire dept called it a fire hazard because of it's location.

And no, I wouldn't let it stand if they built it themselves and didn't tell anyone. That in and of itself shows that the workers don't respect the company, meaning they are probably crappy workers.

There was or is no fire hazard more than electric rails.

LOL wake up kid

Last edited:

LOL wake up kid

Actually, according to the link, it was considered a fire hazard because it was an unmapped room, meaning that emergency workers would have a hard time finding it. Wake up yourself kid.

From the OP's link.........................

Railroad officials said the space presented a fire hazard because rescue workers would have had difficulty accessing an unmapped room.

LOL wake up kid

Actually, according to the link, it was considered a fire hazard because it was an unmapped room, meaning that emergency workers would have a hard time finding it. Wake up yourself kid.

From the OP's link.........................

Railroad officials said the space presented a fire hazard because rescue workers would have had difficulty accessing an unmapped room.
There are no emergency workers in a subway fire, just cadaver dogs

LOL, are you claiming that a fridge and microwave are a bigger fire hazard than electric rails of 625 volts?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Forum List

Back