MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Yes MSNBC is completely impartial... I suppose you fell the same way about FOX news as well??

I didn't say anything about MSNBC being "impartial". I said all they care about it is money.

And yes, I say exactly the same about FOX.

Your entire premise is build around the idea that MSNBC is actively attempting to pursue an actual agenda with those ads - which is nonsense.

MSNBC doesn't care about anything other than it's ratings. The ad is to attract viewers, not to push an agenda.

Your words above... Uh yeah ya did...:cuckoo:

If MSNBC cared about ratings rather than its agenda it would be concerned about being the lowest rated news station. They aren't. Getting the word out is more important than who is listening.

I didn't say anything about MSNBC being "impartial". I said all they care about it is money.

And yes, I say exactly the same about FOX.

Your entire premise is build around the idea that MSNBC is actively attempting to pursue an actual agenda with those ads - which is nonsense.

MSNBC doesn't care about anything other than it's ratings. The ad is to attract viewers, not to push an agenda.

If MSNBC cared about ratings rather than its agenda it would be concerned about being the lowest rated news station. They aren't. Getting the word out is more important than who is listening.

That was a re-post of the words used by the doctorisin. he said the bolded words, then said the phrase I responded to, contradicting his own words..

I really don't like the ladies show, and I only watch morning joe and the beginning of chuck todd's show, but is this schtick anything but the flip side to Ryan/Paul's embrace of Thatcher's view that there's no real social cohesion and we're really nothing but the sum of individual families? To me, both are extremes.

I really don't like the ladies show, and I only watch morning joe and the beginning of chuck todd's show, but is this schtick anything but the flip side to Ryan/Paul's embrace of Thatcher's view that there's no real social cohesion and we're really nothing but the sum of individual families? To me, both are extremes.

Agreed, in reality like all things, it's somewhere in the middle. The problem is extremes sell in the media. So she gets a show, rush limbaugh gets one, and so on.. It's ridiculous and sad that people don't get real intelligent discourse on these topics. They want extremes and arguments. Just look at some of the posts in this thread from either side..

That was a re-post of the words used by the doctorisin. he said the bolded words, then said the phrase I responded to, contradicting his own words..

This makes no sense dood. All you did was blow up your own words real big (I fixed it) and argue with yourself. If it's even an argument at all.

:dunno:

Last edited:
If you haven't seen this new commercial from MSNBC, then you must watch it now.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Sounds reasonable to me that we should be mindful of our neighbors. :cool:

Again, the idea that children belong to the community and the community is the parents, is thousands of years old in human culture. Don't know why that concept should suddenly be "ridiculous".

The author in the link also goes to great bullshit lengths to call this both a "commercial" and an "ad". Wonder why... but no, just post it, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. No, he's not manipulating you, of course you can think for yourself...:cuckoo:

If you haven't seen this new commercial from MSNBC, then you must watch it now.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Sounds reasonable to me that we should be mindful of our neighbors. :cool:

Again, the idea that children belong to the community and the community is the parents, is thousands of years old in human culture. Don't know why that concept should suddenly be "ridiculous".

The author in the link also goes to great bullshit lengths to call this both a "commercial" and an "ad". Wonder why... but no, just post it, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. No, he's not manipulating you, of course you can think for yourself...:cuckoo:

Agreed, for thousands of years it has been taught spiritually and in many religions. Ancient cultures and tribes to followed this sentiment to look after each other.

I don't know why that is offensive to think about taking care of each other.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Why people want children doesn't need a logical reason. It is a biological imperative. Why do career women wake up one day at a "certain age" and suddenly feel they must have a baby? Their clock is ticking. It was once thought that only female biology led to a desire for children. Now we know that men want children just as much, if not more than women.

It's obviously not an imperative since more and more people are choosing not to have kids.

And I like to think that we are a little more removed from our baser instincts than a dog in heat.

You are aware that people really do consider themselves nothing more than dogs in heat as we are daily told that human beings have no control over their desire to have sex and such promiscuity must be made safe. The majority belief today is that humans are no better than animals in heat.

It isn't so much that more and more people are choosing not to have kids. It's that they are choosing to have kids later in life. More people, married and single, adopt children rather than choose not to have them at all. There are more couples plagued by infertility than those who choose not to have children at all.

A biological imperative isn't universal. The first biological imperative is preservation of the self, the second is preservation of the species. Yet we have people committing suicide every day. It doesn't mean that the imperative of preservation of the self doesn't exist.

Fucking is fun....God made it that way for a reason

We are humans, that does not mean that we are excluded from our animal beings. There is nothing inherently wrong with promiscuity. It is a sexual act between two people that may or may not lead to children.

Guess what? Sex is not dirty, it is part of being human

It's obviously not an imperative since more and more people are choosing not to have kids.

And I like to think that we are a little more removed from our baser instincts than a dog in heat.

You are aware that people really do consider themselves nothing more than dogs in heat as we are daily told that human beings have no control over their desire to have sex and such promiscuity must be made safe. The majority belief today is that humans are no better than animals in heat.

It isn't so much that more and more people are choosing not to have kids. It's that they are choosing to have kids later in life. More people, married and single, adopt children rather than choose not to have them at all. There are more couples plagued by infertility than those who choose not to have children at all.

A biological imperative isn't universal. The first biological imperative is preservation of the self, the second is preservation of the species. Yet we have people committing suicide every day. It doesn't mean that the imperative of preservation of the self doesn't exist.

We are humans, that does not mean that we are excluded from our animal beings. There is nothing inherently wrong with promiscuity. It is a sexual act between two people that may or may not lead to children.

Words of wisdom, which those on the right will summarily dismiss.

Words of wisdom, which those on the right will summarily dismiss.

Sex is great it's even better now that we have birth control.

NOPE WRONG!

The lady in the video clearly stated that the community owns the children.. Whats a community? A community is a group of people co-existing and cooperating for the betterment of themselves collectively. A society in this instance would be the collection of those communities. Which communities? Obviously only the ones she feels able to make the decisions she decides are best.

Simply put, she has put the society, or her ideal of it, above the people whom it is to serve..

Where does she say the community owns the children?
Where does she say anything about parents giving up parental rights?

are conservatives really this dumb?

This has been shown again and again.. Still haven't watched the video yet?

Critics slam MSNBC host?s claim that kids belong to community, not parents | Fox News

It's at the bottom, watch it and then we can talk...If you continue to deny the statements on the video, what is the point? She said it, it has been shown over and again, verbatim...

In your link the Fauxrageous lie (Faux New changing the terms) is that Communities equal States Governement. They do not. We all belong to the community. Unless your a hermit.

Critics slam MSNBC host?s claim that kids belong to community, not parents | Fox News

It's at the bottom, watch it and then we can talk...If you continue to deny the statements on the video, what is the point? She said it, it has been shown over and again, verbatim...

In your link the Fauxrageous lie (Faux New changing the terms) is that Communities equal States Governement. They do not. We all belong to the community. Unless your a hermit.

^ Lamest excuse ever

^ Lamest excuse ever

Did she ever say State Government. Typical Faux bait and switch. They do it all the time. Like how belonging to the community equals ownership by the community......

It's funny to see all those who fall for the switch. Their brains just pole vault over reason.

^ Lamest excuse ever

Did she ever say State Government. Typical Faux bait and switch. They do it all the time. Like how belonging to the community equals ownership by the community......

It's funny to see all those who fall for the switch. Their brains just pole vault over reason.

^^^ He thinks Obama is still just a Community Organizer^^^

^ Lamest excuse ever

^^^ He thinks Obama is still just a Community Organizer^^^

^^^ She still thinks insults are a form of debate. ^^^

Seven hundred posts on a station promo? Really? Obsess much?

It is a promo by the way, not an "ad"... it's an actuality designed to promote one of the on-air talent.

Seven hundred posts on that huh?
:cuckoo:

Oh, I see Pogo is on:

Pogo, not a single Progressive has answered this very unbiased and neutral question, perhaps you can do what they have refused to do?

Can you to explain to us your interpretation of this commercial, perhaps you can reveal to us that we are obsessed without good reason:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, she states a problem: We're not investing enough/correctly into education.

Then she diagnoses the problem,

Then she proposes the solution.

She says her solution will better our investments into education.

---------------------------

Would you care to tell me, in your own opinion, what her diagnosis was (from the ad)? Cite which line of the transcript contains the diagnosis of the problem.

Will you then tell me, in your own opinion, what her solution was? Cite which line in which she tells us how to solve the problem.

If present, can you tell us the means of which she will use to implement her solution? Cite the line in which she identifies the MEANS of accomplishing her goal.

Here's the transcript:
1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

2. [Sarcastic] 'Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility.'

3. We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

5. We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6. Once it is everyone's responsibility, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

Anarchists try not to belong to communities. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back