MSNBC host Ali Velshi gets a history lesson

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
MSNBC host Ali Velshi
'As beloved as Elizabeth was, she also represented an institution that had a long and ugly history of brutal colonialism, violence, theft and slavery.
'For many centuries, the British robbed other nations of their wealth and power, and exploited their people,' he continued.
'Even as Queen Elizabeth's reign largely marked the beginning of the post colonial era, the horrors that her long line of ancestors inflicted upon many generations of people across the globe continues to be the source of pain.

British Historian Andrew Roberts responded that Velshi's assertion is simply not true.
'I think when you look at all the opinion polls, we're about 80 to 85 percent in favor of having a constitutional monarchy — whoever's on the throne,' he began. 'So I think this is extremely overdone, frankly.
'Rather, I'm afraid to say, as your introduction was, if we had given so much pain to people throughout history, why was Prince Charles chosen by every single Commonwealth country — many of which are former imperial countries?'
The comments seemed to make Velshi irate, telling Roberts to 'hold on a second.
'Are you really denying what I just said about British colonialism?' an exasperated Velshi asked his guest. 'Andrew, are you really doing that?'
As Roberts continues to say the UK abolished slavery more than 30 years before the United States did......

.....well the history lesson continued....

Opinion:
MSNBC is a soapbox for angry racist far left extremist Democrats.
Ali Velshi is holding grievances against past generations of British and projecting them upon the present living generation of British.
To put this in perspective it would be like a present generation American hating the present generation of Japanese or Germans for WW2.
This is what the racist Democrats do every day.
They shamelessly hate monger.
One of the Left's newest woke terms is "colonialism"
The Latino nationalist Democrat congresswoman AOC seems to also be fond of that term.
Whenever you hear the Left use the word "colonialism" it is hate mongering and racism.
But notice that they seem to enjoy the fruits of living in the country of their perceived oppressors.

MSNBC host Ali Velshi
'As beloved as Elizabeth was, she also represented an institution that had a long and ugly history of brutal colonialism, violence, theft and slavery.
'For many centuries, the British robbed other nations of their wealth and power, and exploited their people,' he continued.
'Even as Queen Elizabeth's reign largely marked the beginning of the post colonial era, the horrors that her long line of ancestors inflicted upon many generations of people across the globe continues to be the source of pain.

British Historian Andrew Roberts responded that Velshi's assertion is simply not true.
'I think when you look at all the opinion polls, we're about 80 to 85 percent in favor of having a constitutional monarchy — whoever's on the throne,' he began. 'So I think this is extremely overdone, frankly.
'Rather, I'm afraid to say, as your introduction was, if we had given so much pain to people throughout history, why was Prince Charles chosen by every single Commonwealth country — many of which are former imperial countries?'
'Are you really denying what I just said about British colonialism?' an exasperated Velshi asked his guest. 'Andrew, are you really doing that?'
As Roberts continues to say the UK abolished slavery more than 30 years before the United States did......

Opinion:
Ali Velshi is holding grievances against past generations of British and projecting them upon the present living generation of British.
To put this in perspective it would be like a present generation American hating the present generation of Japanese or Germans for WW2.
The Latino nationalist Democrat congresswoman AOC seems to also be fond of that term.
Whenever you hear the Left use the word "colonialism" it is hate mongering and racism.
But notice that they seem to enjoy the fruits of living in the country of their perceived oppressors.
Velshi commented on the social media blowback...

"The death between 20,000 and 100,000 people in the Mau Mau Uprising in my birthplace of Kenya in 1950s. The opium wars in China. Lesser known atrocities like civilian torture in Cypress. The continued mess which is Israel and Palestine today," he ticked off. "All of it is the legacy of British colonialism. Queen Elizabeth was widely respected and admired. But if you're having mixed feelings about the mourning of the queen and the institution that she represented for so many decades, that's valid, and you're not alone."

Has MSNBC host Ali Velshi ever criticized the present-day practitioners of slavery in China or Africa or in Islam?
Velshi has a huge credibility gap.

You don't have to be smart to work for CNN. You just have to lie and hate Donald Trump.

To tell you the truth, it wouldn't matter what network Velshi appeared on, or where he showed up at all for that matter. From what I've seen of him, he's an idiot, regardless of what (or where) he choses to work at.

MSNBC host Ali Velshi

Opinion:

That is another Democrat trick-blame live people for what dead people did. The nation of Islam and Al Sharpton do the same thing.

Forum List

Back