MP dissects Amazons evil working practices. Clinical.

The UK Chancellor has just done an Autumn Statement. There have been complaints that companies like Amazon have not been made to pay 'windfall taxes'.

Is that how you make yourself feel better thinking you don't have to suffer that.
I make myself feel better by taking responsibility for me...if I dont like my job I get one that I do like and dont blame my employer for being miserable. That makes me a conservative and you a whiny Dimmer.

WHEN Amazon announced in 2010 that it would build a distribution centre in Lexington County, South Carolina, the decision was hailed as a victory for the Palmetto State. Today the e-commerce giant employs thousands of workers at the centre. Just 3.5% of the local workforce is out of work. Alas, the influx of jobs has not boosted wages for the region’s forklift drivers and order-fillers. In the years since Amazon opened its doors in Lexington County, annual earnings for warehouse workers in the area have fallen from $47,000 to $32,000, a decline of over 30% (see chart 1).

I make myself feel better by taking responsibility for me...if I dont like my job I get one that I do like and dont blame my employer for being miserable. That makes me a conservative and you a whiny Dimmer.
You are one who certainly does what Tommy is saying in post 13. I would feel sorry for you but not so given what your attitude does to others.

WHEN Amazon announced in 2010 that it would build a distribution centre in Lexington County, South Carolina, the decision was hailed as a victory for the Palmetto State. Today the e-commerce giant employs thousands of workers at the centre. Just 3.5% of the local workforce is out of work. Alas, the influx of jobs has not boosted wages for the region’s forklift drivers and order-fillers. In the years since Amazon opened its doors in Lexington County, annual earnings for warehouse workers in the area have fallen from $47,000 to $32,000, a decline of over 30% (see chart 1).

Then go work for the company that pays you more as a forklift driver. I say the same to whiners who work at McDonalds and complain about the wages there.

You are one who certainly does what Tommy is saying in post 13. I would feel sorry for you but not so given what your attitude does to others.
My attitude does nothing to others. I am self reliant and self responsible. And take that back, I would never do anything Commie says.

Then go work for the company that pays you more as a forklift driver. I say the same to whiners who work at McDonalds and complain about the wages there.
You just have no knowledge or understanding of any slight information you may have to come to conclusions and I sure as hell am not here to teach you.

So you feel sorry for those who take care of themselves rather than stay around and be abused....because then you have nothing to whine about?

You just have no knowledge or understanding of any slight information you may have to come to conclusions and I sure as hell am not here to teach you.
Oh, wacko, believe me.....you arent able to teach anyone.

So you feel sorry for those who take care of themselves rather than stay around and be abused....because then you have nothing to whine about?
I can feel sorry for people who have been hurt so much they are incapable of empathy.

Unfortunately usually the harm they do to others usually supersedes that.

I can feel sorry for people who have been hurt so much they are incapable of empathy.

Unfortunately usually the harm they do to others usually supersedes that.
I do no harm to no one. I have advice to give, and I tell them what I tell you. Nobody is looking out for you other than yourself, and you are responsible for your own lot in life. Leave terrible work environments, there are plenty of good paying jobs elsewhere. You waste your time complaining without doing something about it.
You, my non friend, are doing them no good with your incessant whining.

Oh, wacko, believe me.....you arent able to teach anyone.
Well I did not that for several years. I am retired now so my teaching is restricted to my grandchildren.

I get that you probably left school with nothing, that you have nothing in your life and that the only thing you can give yourself is to look down on other workers. I also know people who feel good about themselves do have empathy and that is not you. I also worked some years as a counsellor.

I do no harm to no one.
You do. You are just unaware of it. It is people with your attitude which has allowed the situation in the US to become one where the only people who have had a significant and this is beyond extreme significant rise in there standard of living since the 70's are not the 1% not even the 0.1% but the 0.01% From the 1% upwards there has been a gradual rise which gets steeper the smaller number they are. Most of the people however in real terms now have about the same pay as they had in the 70's and the very poorest have less. This is the process you by your words and actions or rather lack of actions support.

The UK Chancellor has just done an Autumn Statement. There have been complaints that companies like Amazon have not been made to pay 'windfall taxes'.
Are you not allowed to work for other companies?

It isn't Tommy having any unusual opinion. This clearly shows the difference between the US and Britain. I am assuming people who replied on this criticising Tommy are themselves workers as if not they would not know what they were talking about. If so then the difference is that in the UK people and here it is not just workers but people believe it is right that workers have some rights. I get that since the 80's there has been an ongoing destruction of rights that people once gave their lives fighting for but here treating people because they are workers as sub human is not accepted. It would seem it is just a difference between the psychology of the US and UK.
Bullshit. There are only two kinds of businesses in the world: those that fire workers who cannot meet performance standards and those that fail. Only in the warped imaginations of salon communists do inefficient businesses succeed.

You do. You are just unaware of it. It is people with your attitude which has allowed the situation in the US to become one where the only people who have had a significant and this is beyond extreme significant rise in there standard of living since the 70's are not the 1% not even the 0.1% but the 0.01% From the 1% upwards there has been a gradual rise which gets steeper the smaller number they are. Most of the people however in real terms now have about the same pay as they had in the 70's and the very poorest have less. This is the process you by your words and actions or rather lack of actions support.
The biggest transfer of wealth in our country was under Obama, that is why desperate Americans tried Trump, unfortunately that didn’t turn out. Unions are not standing up for workers and are a waste, so I do my job, do it well and if I like it and am treated right, I stay, if not I leave. I have come to realize that the government sure as hell doesn’t care and neither do unions. That is the reality, please tell us how you change it, I’m all ears.

Bullshit. There are only two kinds of businesses in the world: those that fire workers who cannot meet performance standards and those that fail. Only in the warped imaginations of salon communists do inefficient businesses succeed.
It really depends on whether you want the situation we have at the moment where the standard of living for most people is continuing downwards with a few Oligarch exceptions. Of course if that is the sort of world you want you can promote it but you would be wise not to believe people will eventually come and get you.

Now what is it 6 or 8 people have as much wealth as the poorest half in the world. How much more do you want for them.

The values and humanity of human beings are no longer seen as important.

We managed perfectly well when we were a socially democratic country to make sure people were treated well and capitalists still managed to make a great deal more than their workers. They didn't though earn so much that democracies had to serve them and not us.

Everything earlier people worked for has been destroyed by the people and the way of working you support and as I said before people died in the UK working to make these changes which have been being destroyed since Regan

We have no democracy when a few people own virtually all of the money. We can have fascism but not democracy. Maybe that is not quite right as people are now thinking that fascism may now go with democracy nowadays but it will still be fascism. It will be giving Corporate Power a free hand. We learnt through WW2 that Monopolies led to Corporate power and fascism and that is why in the US, UK and Europe we did not encourage this. That changed with Thatcher and Reagan. One of the first things to be done was to get rid of the Unions. When I did my degree I learned if a country did not allow Unions it was not a democracy and now it comes to mind that is one of the strongest things Amazon fights against and I mean fights. Without Unions workers have no way to fight for their needs. With Corporate Capitalism, fascism and supposed 'democracy' it certainly is goodbye to democratic values as they see all human beings as being created equal. You may get a vote every couple of years or so but your Governments apart from the odd focal group have no intention of serving you. They are only serving the Global Corporates because they are who are paying them.

Are you not allowed to work for other companies?
You see this is what I was meaning by the psychological difference between our countries I cannot imagine anyone here saying that to what I said although just in the last few years we have seen some of them springing up. I have heard people who work in some of these places where you do not even know if you will work the next day and you get no sick pay or holiday. They are the poorest working people in the land but they are now told that they are self employed and just to be able to say that seems to make it all worth it to them. The seemingly higher status seems to make up for everything else to them

For many people it is about getting a job and with Amazon taking over just about all the high street jobs possibly there will not be many more for offer. Your attitude supports the reality that 3 people in the US have as much wealth as half the US, supports the reality that you no longer can look forward to any increase in your standard of living and that your children will not have as good a life as you have. All due to a few obscenely wealthy people taking over your democracy and getting the opportunity for themselves to rule the world.

The three richest people in the US own as much wealth as the bottom half of the nation’s population​

There is no longer an American Dream. The richest have it all. You know what I think that the reason the UK does understand this more than the US is. It is because we had to fight for our rights before.

It really depends on whether you want the situation we have at the moment where the standard of living for most people is continuing downwards with a few Oligarch exceptions. Of course if that is the sort of world you want you can promote it but you would be wise not to believe people will eventually come and get you.

Now what is it 6 or 8 people have as much wealth as the poorest half in the world. How much more do you want for them.

The values and humanity of human beings are no longer seen as important.

We managed perfectly well when we were a socially democratic country to make sure people were treated well and capitalists still managed to make a great deal more than their workers. They didn't though earn so much that democracies had to serve them and not us.

Everything earlier people worked for has been destroyed by the people and the way of working you support and as I said before people died in the UK working to make these changes which have been being destroyed since Regan

We have no democracy when a few people own virtually all of the money. We can have fascism but not democracy. Maybe that is not quite right as people are now thinking that fascism may now go with democracy nowadays but it will still be fascism. It will be giving Corporate Power a free hand. We learnt through WW2 that Monopolies led to Corporate power and fascism and that is why in the US, UK and Europe we did not encourage this. That changed with Thatcher and Reagan. One of the first things to be done was to get rid of the Unions. When I did my degree I learned if a country did not allow Unions it was not a democracy and now it comes to mind that is one of the strongest things Amazon fights against and I mean fights. Without Unions workers have no way to fight for their needs. With Corporate Capitalism, fascism and supposed 'democracy' it certainly is goodbye to democratic values as they see all human beings as being created equal. You may get a vote every couple of years or so but your Governments apart from the odd focal group have no intention of serving you. They are only serving the Global Corporates because they are who are paying them.
Of course, none of this is related to the issue at hand which is, should a worker with substandard performance be fired or should the cost of carrying him be passed on to the consumer and increase the cost of living? The Labour MP who in the video clearly favors the latter choice as do Tommy and you.

Forum List

Back