CDZ Moving to the AZ to live in the pines....

I live among the pines. A couple of things you might consider: Elevation, does it snow? If so, be sure to either find a place with a flat driveway that leads to a public road that is plowed regularly. Get a snow plow or a quad with a snow blade. Drive a 4x4 of some kind. Make sure your place has wood burning heat as well as HVAC. Also, as someone already posted, make sure you have a fire break around your property. I love it where I am, hope you enjoy your new digs!
It gets a dusting of snow from time to time and every now and then they get much more than a dusting...there are a few ski resorts in Pinetop.....the elevation is going to be a challenge since I'm at sea level now....

The virus and the closeness of an approaching cold war with China has led me to rethink my life and where and how I live...I'm selling my home and moving to northern AZ...I made the decision last week and decided to pull the trigger as I have suddenly found a buyer for my home in San Diego...My neighbor has decided he wants my house and has made a very good offer and I excepted....

Its all happening so fast like its been preordained....I just fixed my place up and now I will be moving to a rental home while I find the right location to build a cabin....so it will be a culture shock at first...the town near where I plan to live is a Trump town and has two Trump stores within walking distance from each other.....So I expect I will fit right in....

I told my ex wife last night and she cried which surprised me a little...we still live a block from each other and are still good friends....I will miss my grandson but will fly him up from time to time to visit...I guess I'm searching for something in my life more than mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool...any thoughts or stories of experience in this type of move from you folks would be appreciated...

A little scared and outside of my comfort zone but I want to live this life not just exist in it....

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...”

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Beautiful country up there. If you're going to be among the pines your biggest issue will be wild fires, make sure you include a well cleared area around your house when you build it. Water would be your second concern, make sure you know what the water regulations are, some localities/States restrict how you can use well water based on lot size if you sink a well. Some localities/States require you install a septic system.
Yup it will be a MAJOR change moving from San Diego to the boonies......... Serious culture shock...... :lol:
I don't know where to begin....my head is spinning...pack up and hope for the best...I will be driving to AZ next week to look for rentals....or a long term RV site to reside until I find my knew home...

Lot's of options.

If you are thinking Flagstaff.....get ready for liberal shitsville.

But the city is set in a great area. 6,800 ft above sea level.

Eastern part of the state is gorgeous in many spots but a lot less populated.

You can always try Sedona. Get out your checkbook and don't talk politics.

I live among the pines. A couple of things you might consider: Elevation, does it snow? If so, be sure to either find a place with a flat driveway that leads to a public road that is plowed regularly. Get a snow plow or a quad with a snow blade. Drive a 4x4 of some kind. Make sure your place has wood burning heat as well as HVAC. Also, as someone already posted, make sure you have a fire break around your property. I love it where I am, hope you enjoy your new digs!
It gets a dusting of snow from time to time and every now and then they get much more than a dusting...there are a few ski resorts in Pinetop.....the elevation is going to be a challenge since I'm at sea level now....

Pinetop is great.

You will love it.

But there is no ocean close by. :D:D:D

I suspect you already know this but give yourself at least a month to properly acclimate to the altitude. Doesn't mean you can't do things just be careful not to do too much at once.

The virus and the closeness of an approaching cold war with China has led me to rethink my life and where and how I live...I'm selling my home and moving to northern AZ...I made the decision last week and decided to pull the trigger as I have suddenly found a buyer for my home in San Diego...My neighbor has decided he wants my house and has made a very good offer and I excepted....

Its all happening so fast like its been preordained....I just fixed my place up and now I will be moving to a rental home while I find the right location to build a cabin....so it will be a culture shock at first...the town near where I plan to live is a Trump town and has two Trump stores within walking distance from each other.....So I expect I will fit right in....

I told my ex wife last night and she cried which surprised me a little...we still live a block from each other and are still good friends....I will miss my grandson but will fly him up from time to time to visit...I guess I'm searching for something in my life more than mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool...any thoughts or stories of experience in this type of move from you folks would be appreciated...

A little scared and outside of my comfort zone but I want to live this life not just exist in it....

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...”

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Good for you.

Get a dog though..... it will help with the transition. Hell, it helps with everything.

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Good for you.

Get a dog though..... it will help with the transition. Hell, it helps with everything.
I got one already...he is ready for anything anytime!!!

Forum List

Back