CDZ Moving to the AZ to live in the pines....

The virus and the closeness of an approaching cold war with China has led me to rethink my life and where and how I live...I'm selling my home and moving to northern AZ...I made the decision last week and decided to pull the trigger as I have suddenly found a buyer for my home in San Diego...My neighbor has decided he wants my house and has made a very good offer and I excepted....

Its all happening so fast like its been preordained....I just fixed my place up and now I will be moving to a rental home while I find the right location to build a cabin....so it will be a culture shock at first...the town near where I plan to live is a Trump town and has two Trump stores within walking distance from each other.....So I expect I will fit right in....

I told my ex wife last night and she cried which surprised me a little...we still live a block from each other and are still good friends....I will miss my grandson but will fly him up from time to time to visit...I guess I'm searching for something in my life more than mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool...any thoughts or stories of experience in this type of move from you folks would be appreciated...

A little scared and outside of my comfort zone but I want to live this life not just exist in it....

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...”

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Don't you have to hike 2 miles for water there ?
LOL no...I don't plan on being more than 10 to 15 miles or so from Show Low AZ near Show Low lake because I love to fish and golf but who knows...I may find the right spot with a home already on the property but I'm kind of excited about building a cabin....
Make sure you've got a GUN, like a .44 MAG. Traveling alone, living alone, you can be a target. Make sure you can defend yourself in the middle of nowhere all by yourself.
Paranoid. Yes?

We boondock in the desert for weeks. Not a soul around. Love it.
Paranoid. No.

Prepared. Yes.
Alright Burt Gummer....... :eusa_whistle:

Make sure you've got a GUN, like a .44 MAG. Traveling alone, living alone, you can be a target. Make sure you can defend yourself in the middle of nowhere all by yourself.
Why don’t you go down to your bunker and grab a good one for your fellow USMB buddy as a move in gift!

The virus and the closeness of an approaching cold war with China has led me to rethink my life and where and how I live...I'm selling my home and moving to northern AZ...I made the decision last week and decided to pull the trigger as I have suddenly found a buyer for my home in San Diego...My neighbor has decided he wants my house and has made a very good offer and I excepted....

Its all happening so fast like its been preordained....I just fixed my place up and now I will be moving to a rental home while I find the right location to build a cabin....so it will be a culture shock at first...the town near where I plan to live is a Trump town and has two Trump stores within walking distance from each other.....So I expect I will fit right in....

I told my ex wife last night and she cried which surprised me a little...we still live a block from each other and are still good friends....I will miss my grandson but will fly him up from time to time to visit...I guess I'm searching for something in my life more than mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool...any thoughts or stories of experience in this type of move from you folks would be appreciated...

A little scared and outside of my comfort zone but I want to live this life not just exist in it....

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...”

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
LOL no...I don't plan on being more than 10 to 15 miles or so from Show Low AZ near Show Low lake because I love to fish and golf but who knows...I may find the right spot with a home already on the property but I'm kind of excited about building a cabin....
Paranoid. Yes?

Paranoid. No.

Prepared. Yes.
Alright, denial ain't no river in Egypt...

Don't prepare... see if I care... ain't my funeral...

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Paranoid. Yes?

Paranoid. No.

Prepared. Yes.
Alright, denial ain't no river in Egypt...

Don't prepare... see if I care... ain't my funeral...
Ya know in the movies, the old guy that always gets left behind because he can't keep up? Yeah, that's me. Besides, it was a joke, lighten up...... Burt........
:D

Beautiful place. Winters might be tough for someone used to San Diego.
Is it true in some places the tarantulas crawl out on the road pavement for warmth in the cool evenings. ? A friend who lived in Tempe for awhile told me that.
For warmth in cool evenings...that’s not logical.
Don't remember seeing tarantulas in the desert, all over the high plains but not in the desert.

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Good luck on the move. Change like this is always intimidating but if you stay open to new things they can be a very exciting and rewarding experience.

I am curious though... what is a Trump store?

Is it true in some places the tarantulas crawl out on the road pavement for warmth in the cool evenings. ? A friend who lived in Tempe for awhile told me that.
The road stays warm for a little while after the sun goes down.
That better, or do you need a scientific explanation of solar radiation's effect on black asphalt ?

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Oh yeah my first thing on the list is always self defense...hell I live in CA....lol

Don't remember seeing tarantulas in the desert, all over the high plains but not in the desert.
Never saw one either. Did see a few rattlesnakes, on our hiking trips. While we were there we heard of a dumbass who tried to move a rattlesnake off the trail, with a short stick. It didn’t work.

The road stays warm for a little while after the sun goes down.
That better, or do you need a scientific explanation of solar radiation's effect on black asphalt ?
Okay. I never saw it.

Thinking of building or finding a good deal on something like this near a lake and golf resort....

1596223574722.png

Thinking of building or finding a good deal on something like this near a lake and golf resort....

View attachment 369598
Instead buy a motorhome and travel the country.
I have a class A coach...may end up living in it a while if I do build....this is all brand new....thought I would die in my home here...but I'm done...I'm looking for peace and tranquility.....
Okay. We know of a few RVers who love AZ. They stay in the deserts of southern AZ for the winter. Then move up to higher elevations around Flagstaff for the summer. I’d love that. Perfect weather year round.

View attachment 369598
Instead buy a motorhome and travel the country.
I have a class A coach...may end up living in it a while if I do build....this is all brand new....thought I would die in my home here...but I'm done...I'm looking for peace and tranquility.....
Okay. We know of a few RVers who love AZ. They stay in the deserts of southern AZ for the winter. Then move up to higher elevations around Flagstaff for the summer. I’d love that. Perfect weather year round.
I stayed in Quartsite for three weeks once at a thing called RTR...had a blast...hundreds of snow birds in RV's of all types...

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....
Good luck on the move. Change like this is always intimidating but if you stay open to new things they can be a very exciting and rewarding experience.

I knew you would like that....lol

― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for reading.....

I knew you would like that....lol
That place looks like a snowflake torture chamber. Do us a favor and make sure it’s all made in America ok?

Forum List

Back