Moving threads

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
Threads are moved quite often...usually the reason for it appears to be because of personal bickering. Folks straying from the topic and engaging in personal insults.

I suppose it is easier to move the thread than deal with the offenders.

Thus if someone wants to shut down a thread or get it moved to the cellar all they have to do is start using foul language.

Am I wrong?

Threads are moved quite often...usually the reason for it appears to be because of personal bickering. Folks straying from the topic and engaging in personal insults.

Thus if someone wants to shut down a thread or get it moved to the cellar all they have to do is start using foul language.

Am I wrong?
You're 100% correct. I believe some do this deliberately to have the thread moved. And most of the perpetrators appear to be Leftists. No surprise there.

Threads have a shelf life, and after that they tend to drift from the topic.
It becomes a mudslinging onslaught from both sides and does not resemble
anything of the topic, except for maybe one or two trying to have a good debate.
If you want to avoid a thread being closed or moved, report the infractions early
on and we can try to extend that shelf life.

Take this thread for instance....3rd post in and it began to drift. If we catch it early enough
we can try and keep it on topic as long as possible. I removed the off topic posts to try and
keep it going for discussion.

Last edited:

Am I wrong?
You're 100% correct. I believe some do this deliberately to have the thread moved. And most of the perpetrators appear to be Leftists. No surprise there.
No. Most perpetrators are tRumplings.

Am I wrong?
This place is tough, especially a newer person like yo. I shy away from starting any new threads now. I don't want to perform a complex calculus problem to figger if it will stick or not. Not worth it. Plus it is embarrassing to have your thread shot down by post 5 if you really want to know the damned truth.

You say put it in Badlands. Yeah. But a lot of the times you are speaking to special needs stringing beads with saliva running out the left side of their mouth. Posting to a dead dog is funner.

Awhile back I posted a current event that was happening live. How current can you get??? It lasted like 7 pages. One day I got a message that said, Yanked, not a current event. WTF???? A current event turns to a past event quickly.

Just my 3 cents.

Am I wrong?
It really depends on the mod you get. I reported a thread that I thought was way out of line and belonged downstairs; the language by the OP AND the posters who added to the thread was filthy. The mod on duty, whoever it was, obviously disagreed. It wasn't moved. The next day though it had been poofed entirely. Different mod, different opinion.

Am I wrong?
Most of the posters here are Trumplings.

Am I wrong?
Most of the posters here are Trumplings.
And PROUD of it, granny!

Am I wrong?
It really depends on the mod you get. I reported a thread that I thought was way out of line and belonged downstairs; the language by the OP AND the posters who added to the thread was filthy. The mod on duty, whoever it was, obviously disagreed. It wasn't moved. The next day though it had been poofed entirely. Different mod, different opinion.

Exactly and that is why the disciplinary process needs to be more transparent and there should be a way to appeal such action when one feels it is mistaken or of a biased nature.

The ideal situation would be a committee of appeals ....composed of 2 or 3 mods and a couple of stable and intelligent posters.

Am I wrong?

Exactly and that is why the disciplinary process needs to be more transparent and there should be a way to appeal such action when one feels it is mistaken or of a biased nature.

The ideal situation would be a committee of appeals ....composed of 2 or 3 mods and a couple of stable and intelligent posters.
Moving threads is a "disciplinary process?" I don't think so.
The mods here are pretty fair, although they all are different in how they look at things. They NEVER question another mods decision, though--at least not in front of the peeps.

Mods don't take down posts or head into a thread with the shovel and do heavy cleanup without a reason. They ALWAYS reply when I argue with them about taking down my posts, and although they never change their minds, they're always patient and polite. No one is perma-banned without the mods consulting with each other and being in agreement. If you don't like the way you're treated, there's the door--what's your hurry? Turning a VOLUNTEER job into the Supreme Court is ridiculous. Suck it up and try learning something from the "discipline process."

Am I wrong?

Moving threads is a "disciplinary process?" I don't think so.
The mods here are pretty fair, although they all are different in how they look at things. They NEVER question another mods decision, though--at least not in front of the peeps.

Mods don't take down posts or head into a thread with the shovel and do heavy cleanup without a reason. They ALWAYS reply when I argue with them about taking down my posts, and although they never change their minds, they're always patient and polite. No one is perma-banned without the mods consulting with each other and being in agreement. If you don't like the way you're treated, there's the door--what's your hurry? Turning a VOLUNTEER job into the Supreme Court is ridiculous. Suck it up and try learning something from the "discipline process."

What I am saying is that since different mods have different ideas, agendas and biases....the disciplinary process should be more transparent.

For the sake of fairness any disciplinary action should be open to appeal....as in the one being disciplined should be able to have at least a couple of mods look at his complaint and there should be a couple of posters involved so that the posters would have a fair representation.

Yes this board is better than most regarding bannings etc. but there is room for improvement.

It remains tooooo dictatorial in my opinion. Mods work for free as well as posters....time and work are involved in making posts. Thus the posters deserve some consideration as well as the efforts of the mods.

We are all in this together and everyone deserves fairness.

Last edited:

Am I wrong?
Oh, yeah, nobody from the left, ever carries a lie here, now do they. :rolleyes:

Am I wrong?

Don't tell a lie. Problem solved.

Am I wrong?
Oh, yeah, nobody from the left, ever carries a lie here, now do they. :rolleyes:
Wake up, B. We're talking about LANGUAGE and TROLLING, not about the accuracy of the OP.

Wake up, B. We're talking about LANGUAGE and TROLLING, not about the accuracy of the OP.

There's no rules against general language.

For instance, if someone says, hey I want the Fed to step in and blow the bubble up more so I won't take a personal short term hit on my investments, and if you don't agree with it, you're unamerican, and then someone else comes along and says, hey, that's the dumbest fukin solution I've read in a dog's age, It's fukin pouring gas on the fire, all that's gonna do is rob from our fukin savings and devalue our fukin dollars even more than they already are, that's fine. That's not a rule violation. It only violates the thief's feels and trivializes the thief's bullshit argument that it's beneficial to keep pouring gas on the fire just so he won't personally lose out on his investment in the short-term. And, really, who cares? People don't have a right to have their feelings addressed.

On the other hand, if someone comes along and says, hey asshole, you're one dumb, selfish, intellectually dishonest motherfucker, then, yeah, that's a rule violation.

And there are no such things as trolls. Not really. The only way a troll can successfully exist is if people aren't capable of shutting them down intellectually. They'll go away on their own.

It's really easy to shut down a genuine troll. You don't need to appeal to authority for that. Take some fukin initiative.

Last edited:

Am I wrong?

I don't engage in "personal insults"

I merely give my honest assessment.

:)

Forum List

Back