Most OVERRATED Music bands of all time

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Here is what I think

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I cant belive I saw them in concert a few months ago. They suck
Nirvana
Greenday
Bob Dylan
Bruce S
Journey
M.Crue- have a few fun songs but they are low in musical talent
Doors
Guns N Roses- They have 2 or 3 legendary songs and that is it . Sorry guys
Boston-

There you go. lol

Here is what I think

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I cant belive I saw them in concert a few months ago. They suck
Nirvana
Greenday
Bob Dylan
Bruce S
Journey
Doors
Boston-

There you go. lol
Decent list, but you have to take Guns and Roses off. The entire album "Appetite for Destruction" is a masterpiece. You also have to factor in their level of talent. That was an extremely talented band.

Nirvana was AWESOME to me as an 18 year old kid in 1991 in Seattle, but even I agree that they were overrated, despite me still being a huge fan of their older stuff.

Last edited:
Bob Dylan is pure horseshit.... and dont give me this "he wasnt the best singer, but he is a genius song writer" crap. His song writing skills fucking sucked too.

He wrote the Jimmy Hendrix song 'Along the Watchtower'. So god damn what? That song sucks without Hendrix playing guitar on it.

Last edited:
Decent list, but you have to take Guns and Roses off. The entire album "Appetite for Destruction" is a masterpiece. You also have to factor in their level of talent. That was an extremely talented band.

Nirvana was AWESOME to me as an 18 year old kid in 1991 in Seattle, but even I agree that they were overrated, despite me still being a huge fan of their older stuff.

We are close in age but way cooler you are from 90s SEATTLE !!!!

Here is what I think

Nirvana
Greenday
Bob Dylan
Bruce S
Journey
Doors
Boston-

There you go. lol

Nirvana was trailblazing and that's why they are considered great.

I can't stand Bob Seger and every time he comes on the radio I must mock the heck of out his song. Especially "turn the page" or whatever. I loathe those "oh poor me, I'm rich and famous now I can't go into a gas station, life is so hard". Yeah? So change your appearance and give it all up then. Booo

The most overated is probably Rolling Stones.
And I like Rolling Stones, Some Girls is an awesome album and belongs on any Top 100 album list.
But they are not that good. The vast-vast majority of their music sucks a big one, with a few brilliant ones scattered in. Songs you hear on the radio overwhelmingly are only on 3 of their 30 studio albums.
I have said for years - 90% of Rolling Stones music is no good, but the 10% that is good - is really good.

I can't stand Bob Seger and every time he comes on the radio I must mock the heck of out his song. Especially "turn the page" or whatever. I loathe those "oh poor me, I'm rich and famous now I can't go into a gas station, life is so hard". Yeah? So change your appearance and give it all up then. Booo
Turn the page was written in 1972. He was no millionaire rock star in 1972.
It is a song about struggling rock bands on tour 300 days a year trying to break out.
And he really did write most of the song while sitting in a hotel room exhausted and sick to the bone of being on the road and broke.

Here is what I think

Nirvana
Greenday
Bob Dylan
Bruce S

Journey
M.Crue
- have a few fun songs but they are low in musical talent
Doors
Guns N Roses
- They have 2 or 3 legendary songs and that is it . Sorry guys
Boston-

There you go. lol
I've highlighted the bands I like in Green and the ones I don't like in Red. The Doors are okay but not great.

I know this will be sacrilegious to some, but I've never been a fan of the Rolling Stones. Lots of good hits and I really like a couple of their tunes (Shattered is my favorite) but they just never really did it for me. AC/DC is another band that fits in that category. Some good hits, but I despise the vocal. It sounds too forced. U2 is another band that I have mixed feelings about. They have some good tunes, but they may be overrated as a band.

Nirvana was trailblazing and that's why they are considered great.

I love Seger's music. If I were going to be stranded on a desert island for the rest of my life and had the chance to choose my favorite, top ten artists of all time, Bob Seger would be there. Along with the Eagles, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, and another 6 greats.

Another one - Beatles.
Sorry but it is true.
Like the Rolling Stones, the majority of their music is between "just okay" and truly awful with brilliant songs dotted here and there among the avalanche of bad songs.
Paul McCartney was a hit machine. But almost all of his songs had sappy lyrics that kind of sound like childrens music. The real talent in the Beatles was Lennon and Harrison - not McCartney.
And they didn't invent their sound. They copied what already existed and popularized it thanks in part to studios and radio that desperately wanted a white band to drown out the popular black music of the time. If the Beatles were black, or if just one of them were black they would have been lost in oblivion.

I love Seger's music. If I were going to be stranded on a desert island for the rest of my life and had the chance to choose my favorite, top ten artists of all time, Bob Seger would be there. Along with the Eagles, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, and another 6 greats.

I LOVE Steely Dan. Huge fan. Also Fleetwood Mac. Can't go with you on Seger though sorry

Forum List

Back