Most OVERRATED Music bands of all time

Also - you can't make a list and Alan Parsons not be on it.
Pink Floyd would not sound like Pink Floyd without Parsons collaboration and studio input.
You guys like Fleetwood Mac? Weeelll - then you like Alan Parsons who was involved with their best stuff.
Parsons was a musical genius and studio master like Brian Wilson was.
Soooo many great bands had great songs because they sought help from Parsons.

Pretty much any of the heavy metal bands with the screechy lead singers and the overly distorted guitars.

Also - you can't make a list and Alan Parsons not be on it.
Pink Floyd would not sound like Pink Floyd without Parsons collaboration and studio input.
You guys like Fleetwood Mac? Weeelll - then you like Alan Parsons who was involved with their best stuff.
Parsons was a musical genius and studio master like Brian Wilson was.
Soooo many great bands had great songs because they sought help from Parsons.
Same goes for e.g. Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Foreigners, Barkley James Harvest, Led Zepplin, or my favorite Bad Company. Then there are the short lived ones many don't remember like James Gang or Redbone Potlache. (the latter one was really unique and had some great songs).
A list of ten simply doesn't do it.

BUT the thread is about MOST OVERRATED ;)

So ABBA is missing on that list - especially since I hate Disco Music :smoke:

Last edited:
We are close in age but way cooler you are from 90s SEATTLE !!!!
Yeah, I was class of 1991, so all the grunge music was massive here. I met most of the big ones. I saw Nirvana play, but never met them. Wait, I actually met Chris Novaselic at a Screaming Trees show, and I hung out with Mark Lanigan and his family at that Screaming Trees show. Mark Lanigan used to call my house in the 90's from time to time because, my room mate was best friends with him growing up. I met Chris Cornell, Kim Thayil, and Ben Shepard from Soundgarden, and ive been in the same bar with Eddie Vedder. Ive been to a bunch of Pearl Jam and Soungarden shows. Alice in Chains used to perform at small local parties in Issaquah at that time too, which was awesome. I saw Mother Love Bone live (the band that became Pearl Jam). And a bunch of other ones you probably havent heard of.

On a side note, i had another roommate who worked with the Green River Murderer at the "Kenworth" factory in Renton. He knew him well. Renton is where i grew up, 20 minutes outside of Seattle.

Last edited:
Bob Dylan is pure horseshit.... and dont give me this "he wasnt the best singer, but he is a genius song writer" crap. His song writing skills fucking sucked too.

He wrote the Jimmy Hendrix song 'Along the Watchtower'. So god damn what? That song sucks without Hendrix playing guitar on it.
His voiced sucked, but Goddamn was he a genius song writer.

Another one - Beatles.
Sorry but it is true.
Like the Rolling Stones, the majority of their music is between "just okay" and truly awful with brilliant songs dotted here and there among the avalanche of bad songs.
Paul McCartney was a hit machine. But almost all of his songs had sappy lyrics that kind of sound like childrens music. The real talent in the Beatles was Lennon and Harrison - not McCartney.
And they didn't invent their sound. They copied what already existed and popularized it thanks in part to studios and radio that desperately wanted a white band to drown out the popular black music of the time. If the Beatles were black, or if just one of them were black they would have been lost in oblivion.
BS. 90% of Lennon/McCartney songs were written by Paul. Hey Jude, certainly not a sappy song was written by Paul after visiting Jules Lennon whom John infamously ignored. The original title was Hey Jules which John had changed since it was too close.

I know mine is an unpopular opinion, but I think the Beatles are way overrated. Yes, they write some catchy tunes, they evolved, and a lot of people love them. But I don’t think their product lives up to the hype. Their compositions border on the goofy at times.

I know mine is an unpopular opinion, but I think the Beatles are way overrated. Yes, they write some catchy tunes, they evolved, and a lot of people love them. But I don’t think their product lives up to the hype. Their compositions border on the goofy at times.

34 top ten goody hits. Ya got to give the devil its due. That alone says they are not overrated. But to each there own.

Here is what I think

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I cant belive I saw them in concert a few months ago. They suck
Nirvana
Greenday
Bob Dylan
Bruce S
Journey
M.Crue- have a few fun songs but they are low in musical talent
Doors
Guns N Roses- They have 2 or 3 legendary songs and that is it . Sorry guys
Boston-

There you go. lol

The Doors should not be on this list

neither Journey

there you go.

Bob Dylan is pure horseshit.... and dont give me this "he wasnt the best singer, but he is a genius song writer" crap. His song writing skills fucking sucked too.

He wrote the Jimmy Hendrix song 'Along the Watchtower'. So god damn what? That song sucks without Hendrix playing guitar on it.
I love Hendrix...

Forum List

Back