Most Hated Woman in America - Netflix

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
The movie is about Madalyn Murray O'Hair (Melissa Leo), crank, swindler, iconoclast, and America's most outspoken atheist. She fought to get God out of public schools and just about every institution supported by government. The movie makes it clear that there is a story worth telling here but the narrative jumps around so much one would think, the film editor was out of his mind. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 36% joining a long line of flops on Netflix. I guess Netfilx's game plan is to befuddle audiences with so many new releases that they will think they're getting their money's worth.

The movie is about Madalyn Murray O'Hair (Melissa Leo), crank, swindler, iconoclast, and America's most outspoken atheist. She fought to get God out of public schools and just about every institution supported by government. The movie makes it clear that there is a story worth telling here but the narrative jumps around so much one would think, the film editor was out of his mind. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 36% joining a long line of flops on Netflix. I guess Netfilx's game plan is to befuddle audiences with so many new releases that they will think they're getting their money's worth.

I thought that title went to Phyllis Schafly.

Although O'Hair was the original asshole atheist.

I think megan markel might be a close 2nd

Interestingly her son became a believer.

Worse media deal in history, trying to fabricate Big Drama around a couple of excruciatingly boring 'Royals'. I was sick of hearing about them long before their Netflix deal.
England is better off without them

Unfortunately they moved to canada instead of someplace in africa or a south sea island

I was looking at the stats a while ago for some allegedly popular series; the number of views per episode was like in the 400K to 500K range. It looks to me like pay TV has even fewer shows worth watching than 'free' TV had. In fact many of them are running old shows from free TV to fill up time, and then running more commercials than free TV does. There a few that couldn't be run on free TV that were good, but not many given the number of channels cranking them out, so it seems there really wasn't all that much talent that wasn't getting gigs.

I did notice Jean Smart finally got a few good serious acting roles she never got on regular TV, though. and few other good actors getting steady work, so it's not entirely a waste.I like her in the third season of Fargo, and also the actor who played 'Opie' in Breaking Bad in the same season, now a chubby guy, and had the regional accent down pat. the Dark Winds series was picked up for a second season, which I'm looking forward to, based on some Tony Hillerman novels; the main actor was also in Fargo and does a good job in that series, and the supporting cast was pretty good as well. Hope that one takes off. Otherwise I don't see much out there. They can't ride on The Sopranos and Breaking Bad forever.

Last edited:
Melissa Leo is a gem.

Sounds like an interesting film.
It could have been a very interesting film had creators done a better job. There is a lot of dramatic things that happened that lead up to the court overturning school prayer such the attempts on her life and being jailed. The movie did not focus at all on how she became an anthesis, her military service during WWII, her activism in the communist party and her attempts to immigrate to Russia.

I was looking at the stats a while ago for some allegedly popular series; the number of views per episode was like in the 400K to 500K range. It looks to me like pay TV has even fewer shows worth watching than 'free' TV had. In fact many of them are running old shows from free TV to fill up time, and then running more commercials than free TV does. There a few that couldn't be run on free TV that were good, but not many given the number of channels cranking them out, so it seems there really wasn't all that much talent that wasn't getting gigs.

I did notice Jean Smart finally got a few good serious acting roles she never got on regular TV, though. and few other good actors getting steady work, so it's not entirely a waste.I like her in the third season of Fargo, and also the actor who played 'Opie' in Breaking Bad in the same season, now a chubby guy, and had the regional accent down pat. the Dark Winds series was picked up for a second season, which I'm looking forward to, based on some Tony Hillerman novels; the main actor was also in Fargo and does a good job in that series, and the supporting cast was pretty good as well. Hope that one takes off. Otherwise I don't see much out there. They can't ride on The Sopranos and Breaking Bad forever.
Since we get Paramount+ and Brit Box on Prime, it has become our go to streaming service. Although HBO is more expensive than other streaming services, I think the quality of the presentations are generally better.

Every new Netflix offering is created for 240 million accounts, a half billion views in 140 countries. The offerings they create are dubbed into 4 to 7 language. The original script for each offering is examined and modified to eliminate content that would not be received well by certain cultures. So what you see is a generic version of the original script. It's like cooking a meal to appeal to the tastes of the entire world.

Interestingly her son became a believer.
O'hair' commented about the conversion of her son, "One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times ... he is beyond human forgiveness." Later in life the son reveal a lot of bad shit about his mother, however most it has never been confirmed.

O'hair' commented about the conversion of her son, "One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times ... he is beyond human forgiveness." Later in life the son reveal a lot of bad shit about his mother, however most it has never been confirmed.
human forgiveness is a christian principle O Hair must have converted

Forum List

Back