Most famous person you have ever met?

Also, Jeffrey Dahmer went to my high school, so I walked past him in the halls in my freshman year but never realized it until he became famous years later.

Thank God he never invited you to "lunch" ;)
Actually we came to find out that before he moved from Ohio to Wisconsin, he lived about 2 miles away from me. And I still never recalled seeing him around but we did have a dog and cat come up missing on separate occasions.:oops:

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

Who is the most famous or infamous person you have ever met? ... :cool:
Worked security for a couple of local venues when I was younger. Met everyone from David Copperfield to Vince Neil to Dee Schneider. Even a few county singers, but I can't remember their names.

when i was kid i was on an elevator at the motel in Cleveland that the Yankees stayed at with Micky Mantle and Whitey Ford .....i delivered mail in the Anaheim Hills to a few of the Angel ballplayers......met Rob Liefeld and Jim Shooter at a comic shop they were visiting......

i just missed playing miniature golf at the Disneyland hotel with the Animals who were in town for a concert....my good buddy was there waiting for me,i got there late, and they asked him if he wanted to play with them so they would have even teams.....

Also, Jeffrey Dahmer went to my high school, so I walked past him in the halls in my freshman year but never realized it until he became famous years later.
You should have gotten to know him better lol

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

Worked security for a couple of local venues when I was younger. Met everyone from David Copperfield to Vince Neil to Dee Schneider. Even a few county singers, but I can't remember their names.
Vince Neal and Nikki Sixx used to visit a couple of pretty hot hair stylist at an Apt complex i used to deliver too....they were pretty cool....

Have you ever read the story about Jim's father ?
He actually is a key figure in the expansion (Gulf of Tonkin incident) of the Vietnam War. It's a fascinating story when you realize it's Jim's dad.
No. Didn't realize that. Looking back at retrospectives of the Doors and even though I've always loved the music I'm constantly struck by what an egotistical, self centered ass Jim Morrison was.
I'm not surprised he clashed with "The Admiral".

Jim Morrison's dad had a hand in starting the Vietnam War

(snip)

"Tensions remained high over the next days, and Morrison put his assets on high alert. Under the direction of President Johnson, he also ordered Maddox along with the USS Turner Joy (DD 951) to sail close to the North Vietnamese coast to "show the flag."

I have met many. The tallest most famous? Wilt Chamberlain. Pretty damn famous. Not as famous tall guy was Chuck Nevitt.

Damn Kallyfurnyinz seen it all.
Us southern boys were celeb poor.

Smokey Yunick, did a set of small block heads in his shop. Narrow that GD seat some more boy. This aint no taxi. If ya gotta re-seat'em next week ? So be it. That fatass seat will cost you 6-8 HP on a dyno

Harvey Crane.....gave me a tour and had his guys grind an off the wall cam for a 428 Ford. Went for a French Dip and 1/2 a dozen Bacardi and Cokes each.

Don Garlits. Hung out in the pits and BS'd a while. Guns and knives an stuff.Airboats. Some engine talk but he was miles over my head with the supercharged/alcohol stuff

Stallone. I built him a bridge over his koi pond and a purple heart tree shack/deck for cigar smoking. Checked his bikes out and out curled him in the bike/weight room. He laughed and said " come back in six weeks with 50 grand and lets have another go Big Guy(with his un natural camera accent)...LOL. Then we rode in my dump truck to Bullis Bromeliads and he bought damn near 3 of every plant....like 60 grand cash.Had a few beers with Harvey Bullis and we stopped at the berry farm for a chili dog and honey buns on the way back to the gables. Nice guy. Funny as hell. Smaller than you'd ever guess.

Dan Marino. We put in about 30 big royal palms(2 to an 18 wheel flatbed - big) with a crane while he cooked burgers by the pool and had a couple cases of Coors in the cooler.His kitchen chick is a girl who worked at Don Shulas where I first met Dan, did her killer onion rings....Sat there and BS'ed for an hour or 2 while the guys strapped and supported the Royals and soaked them in good. He just wanted to talk plants and fishing.I asked him who the greatest QB was. He said: it's the asshole I see when I brush my teeth every morning...LOL

Since then mostly "famous" with houses near me. Woody Harrleson(since went back to Hawaii). Tom and Gisele. Matt Mac, crazy dude.He's WAY out there. Frank Biden,goofy fucker. Helped install Franks custom cabinets with the dude who made them.Same guy that made mine. #1.

I see lots of others and just the usual thumb up or wave.Britney looks like shit these years...Brainless Bimbo too. Sue Sarandon looks really good for her age and is cool as does Sally Field. Sally is real nice too. Super smart from the little we've BS'd
Susan and Sally can go about life when here and are seldom even noticed unless it's some old gringo like me. Britney and her limo is an asshole magnet

If anyone is a show biz historian I also had a close encounter with George Jessel (old time legend) in the Subic Bay Cubi Point
hospital dining room, Phillipines 1973.
It was very surreal.

Almost forgot James Worthy, San Francisco airport.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back