Most famous person you have ever met?

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

Who is the most famous or infamous person you have ever met? ... :cool:

I have spent 35 years of my life working with the most famous and greatest musicians of my lifetime. I was also the photographer for the Seattle International Film Festival for about a decade. So I've worked with actors, writers, directors and producers.

I also worked with sports stars and politicians.

The list of famous people I've met, worked with and become working friends is just way too long. My list of musicians photographed has over 500 names on it.

There are just too many to list.

Hey - Are you Annie Leibovitz? If so :bowdown:

rs-21752-22529_lg.jpg

No I'm not Annie Leibovitz.

I am the Annie Leibovitz of the west without the fame.

I've worked with Messina and Loggins. I've worked with Loggins many times. Messina once when he and Loggins did that reunion tour in 2005.

I worked with Carol King twice. The second time she was with James Taylor who I've worked with many times starting in 1990.

Jimmy had a ranch called "Mother Lode" up near Ojai, CA and I was his bottled water delivery guy in the early 80s. Spent many an afternoon sitting by his pool with he and wife Jenny Sullivan (Barry's daughter) - who I did some community theater with. Jenny's sister got married to songwriter Jimmy Webb and I got invited. They had a tethered hot air balloon and it was a serious who's who event of actors and musicians. Met my idol Joni Mitchell up there that day. VERY cool!

Fam and I were leaf peaking fall of 2004. Went to a funky little clam bar in Portland, Maine and saw Carole sitting at the bar all by herself. She had a home in up near Sun Valley at the time and we were in Boise so I introduced myself. She was VERY nice. Even have a few pictures. Turns out she was campaigning for John Kerry and had an event there the next day.

Big John Matuszak, Randy Moss and Jim Otto of the Oakland Raiders at differing times. They used to hold their training camp in Santa Rosa and then in Napa.

And Ray Manzarek of the Doors who lived in Napa at the end of his life. Nice guy. We were in the same gym.
And Robert Mondavi, probably the most famous vintner in the country at the time. I went to parties in his home. And then Rod Laver and Ken Rosewall, tennis legends.

Last edited:
I got to have some drinks with Ed Abby when he came to Prescott to read Dessert Solitaire at NPC. I was young then, he was a crusty old dude and I was proud to buy his drinks at the Birdcage.

Michelle Malkin, JFK, isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, DeForest Kelly, David Gerrold, Charles Manson, Roy Norris, Larry Bittaker, William Bonin, Leslie Abrams, Hugh Hefner, Martin Scorsese, Howie Long, Fred Dryer

Big John Matuszak, Randy Moss and Jim Otto of the Oakland Raiders at differing times. They used to hold their training camp in Santa Rosa and then in Napa.

And Ray Manzarek of the Doors who lived in Napa at the end of his life. Nice guy. We were in the same gym.

My California buddy was good friends with Robbie Krieger from the Doors. I just met him once at their house, but he and my friend used to play golf regularly. He's getting old. Don't think he golfs much anymore.

Michelle Malkin, JFK, isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, DeForest Kelly, David Gerrold, Charles Manson, Roy Norris, Larry Bittaker, William Bonin, Leslie Abrams, Hugh Hefner, Martin Scorsese, Howie Long, Fred Dryer

OmG Tips - I'm so sorry you had to meet Michelle ...
That'd give me bad dreams for a month! :D

Screen-Shot-2012-07-12-at-2.09.42-PM-300x263.png

My California buddy was good friends with Robbie Krieger from the Doors. I just met him once at their house, but he and my friend used to play golf regularly. He's getting old. Don't think he golfs much anymore.
The old rockers are dying out. Ray died of cancer and he died in Germany trying out a radical treatment to deal with his bile duct cancer.

He was always asked about Jim Morrison while at the club and didn't seem to mind endlessly recounting tales of Jim clashing with his authoritarian father.

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

John Wayne's stuntman Dean Smith.

The old rockers are dying out. Ray died of cancer and he died in Germany trying out a radical treatment to deal with his bile duct cancer.

He was always asked about Jim Morrison while at the club and didn't seem to mind endlessly recounting tales of Jim clashing with his authoritarian father.

Have you ever read the story about Jim's father ?
He actually is a key figure in the expansion (Gulf of Tonkin incident) of the Vietnam War. It's a fascinating story when you realize it's Jim's dad.

Met Trump in Atlantic City in the late 1990's after a Boom Boom Mancini fight I was with a friend who promoted fights and he sat down with Trump at a table and spoke about fights He spoke to him for 5 minutes I said hello and goodbye

Neil Peart backstage before a Rush show.
Dustin Hoffman in the Village, NYC.
Dennis Kucinich when he was mayor of Cleveland.
Meadowlark Lemon at a game in Cleveland, Ohio. ( Richfield)
And Reggie Jackson at a Yankees game in '77 ...didn't get his autograph or anything, but we had seats near the Yank's dugout and I yelled "Reggie you're the best !" and got eye contact and a thumb's up, which for a 16 year old lifelong avid fan and player from tball to hs was pretty cool.

He actually is a key figure in the expansion (Gulf of Tonkin incident) of the Vietnam War. It's a fascinating story when you realize it's Jim's dad.
No. Didn't realize that. Looking back at retrospectives of the Doors and even though I've always loved the music I'm constantly struck by what an egotistical, self centered ass Jim Morrison was.
I'm not surprised he clashed with "The Admiral".

Met Trump in Atlantic City in the late 1990's after a Boom Boom Mancini fight I was with a friend who promoted fights and he sat down with Trump at a table and spoke about fights He spoke to him for 5 minutes I said hello and goodbye
Funny how you didn't attack him then.

No - Robbie Krieger told us some amazing sex, drugs and rock n roll stories about Jim though. I still say Jim was a musical genius. Wish he hadn't choked on his own vomit at the ripe old age of 27. Would have like to have heard what he'd a come up with!

No - Robbie Krieger told us some amazing sex, drugs and rock n roll stories about Jim though. I still say Jim was a musical genius. Wish he hadn't choked on his own vomit at the ripe old age of 27. Would have like to have heard what he'd a come up with!
When I went through an existentialist phase a few decades ago, I was really into The Doors. While everyone else was putting Farrah Fawcett posters in their bedrooms, I had two of Jim Morrison.

This one.

And this one.

But I outgrew it, and I am glad I did.

I still like their music. But not as much as I used to.

My favorite Doors song is still The WASP.

Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate

Last edited:

Forum List

Back