Most famous person you have ever met?

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

Who is the most famous or infamous person you have ever met? ... :cool:

My father. And he's better than anyone else I'd care to meet.

I almost forgot because the premise is 'famous', not 'infamous'.

Last year I'm in Beijing on business, staying at a 5 star hotel, and get on the elevator with Lurch Kerry. Just me and him. Rode about 10 floors down to the lobby together. What is that.... 12-15 seconds? My body wanted to do things that cannot be mentioned in an open forum. I physically had to restrain myself. I knew he was there Logan Acting (that's a new verb) on Trump and undermining anything and everything the DJT administration was doing.

We never took our eyes off each other. I'm sure I looked like a serial killer and he was a little nervous. He looked frail and weak.... and tired. Like an old communist drone that's worked hard for the party bosses for decades and his heart just isn't in it anymore. We walked into the lobby, he had just one little Chinese gal directing his activities and they disappeared into the darkness.... like rain washing dogshit from the gutter down into the sewer.

Thats a tough one.
Jimmy Carter in the Oval Office.Mel Brooks on a flight to LA,Hakeem Olajuwon,Larry Bird...I'll just say the vast majority of NBA players and coaches up till the mid eighties.
The Howe brothers.

Cant believe I forgot this one...
Farrah Fawcett,she lived a block over from me when I was in the eighth grade in Houston.
She used to sit out on her front porch and smoke ciggs.
Couldnt tell you how many gallons of gas and oil we burned on our dirt bikes riding past her house in hopes of seeing her,until one day we worked up the balls to stop and talk to her.
She was actually really down to earth.

If anyone is a show biz historian I also had a close encounter with George Jessel (old time legend) in the Subic Bay Cubi Point
hospital dining room, Phillipines 1973.
It was very surreal.

Almost forgot James Worthy, San Francisco airport.
I went to U of Cincy with Oscar Robertson Met him a couple of times He never was carrying books

The deal was in those days the professors were told to pass him The professors then said if we have to pass him the whole class will pass Everyone wanted to be in his classes He was a great player

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

I believe there are OTHER men you'd care to MEAT. :D

My California buddy was good friends with Robbie Krieger from the Doors. I just met him once at their house, but he and my friend used to play golf regularly. He's getting old. Don't think he golfs much anymore.
The old rockers are dying out. Ray died of cancer and he died in Germany trying out a radical treatment to deal with his bile duct cancer.

He was always asked about Jim Morrison while at the club and didn't seem to mind endlessly recounting tales of Jim clashing with his authoritarian father.

Wasn't Jim's father the skipper involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident? They lived in Northern Virginia for a while before Jim became the Lizard King and I often imagine him with short hair, riding his bike around, being a normal kid, if he ever was one. His relationship with his father must have been something. His father even was a vestryman at a local church.

I almost forgot because the premise is 'famous', not 'infamous'.

Last year I'm in Beijing on business, staying at a 5 star hotel, and get on the elevator with Lurch Kerry. Just me and him. Rode about 10 floors down to the lobby together. What is that.... 12-15 seconds? My body wanted to do things that cannot be mentioned in an open forum. I physically had to restrain myself. I knew he was there Logan Acting (that's a new verb) on Trump and undermining anything and everything the DJT administration was doing.

We never took our eyes off each other. I'm sure I looked like a serial killer and he was a little nervous. He looked frail and weak.... and tired. Like an old communist drone that's worked hard for the party bosses for decades and his heart just isn't in it anymore. We walked into the lobby, he had just one little Chinese gal directing his activities and they disappeared into the darkness.... like rain washing dogshit from the gutter down into the sewer.

Calm down - But we do understand that you secretly wanted to fuck him. ;)

johnkerrylurch.jpg

I met Michael Jackson, a long time ago. I met him at his (then) church in Woodland Hills, that I visited as a guest with a friend of mine. The details of the story are pretty amazing and hard to believe, which is why I don't share the details. I'll just say it was... interesting.

I believe there are OTHER men you'd care to MEAT. :D

Seriously?
As far as I know it's against the rules to change someones post. Oh...last time I checked it was against the rules to attack family members.
If the mods are fair this post should warrant a week long banning at least.

Also, Jeffrey Dahmer went to my high school, so I walked past him in the halls in my freshman year but never realized it until he became famous years later.

Thank God he never invited you to "lunch" ;)

But he did make you fork over your lunch money, didn't he?
Probably would have being 2 years older. ( he was class of 78
and I was 80) It's my 40th HS reunion this year ( online edition ? )

I met Michael Jackson, a long time ago. I met him at his (then) church in Woodland Hills, that I visited as a guest with a friend of mine. The details of the story are pretty amazing and hard to believe, which is why I don't share the details. I'll just say it was... interesting.

You were lucky to be a little girl or you might have received an invite to NeverLand.....

I just remembered- I was between flights at the airport in Charlotte just standing around minding my own business when none other than Robert Goulet walked up and asked if he could ask me a question- I said sure. I said to him, aren't you Robert Goulet? (he was a little guy and had the red nose amd cheeks of a drunk, but well dressed), he allowed as how he was and we shook hands. He wanted to know how I kept a toothpick in the corner of my mouth- LOL. He said I've wondered about that for a long time. We chit chatted a bit- he said he was in Charlotte to do a show and asked if I'd like to come see it. But, I had a plane to catch for a job I was on and had to pass on the offer. He thanked me for the conversation ane went back to his entourage.

Forum List

Back