More than 400 immates across Oklahoma were released Mon.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
More than 400 inmates across Oklahoma were being released from prison Monday in what the governor's office calls the largest single-day mass commutation in the nation's history.

The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board approved the commutations Friday and forwarded them to Gov. Kevin Stitt, a former mortgage company CEO who was elected in 2018. The board voted unanimously to recommend that the sentences of 527 state inmates be commuted, with 462 of those inmates slated to walk out of prison Monday and 65 others being held on detainer.

Hundreds of Oklahoma inmates being released Monday in largest commutation in U.S. history
-----------------------------------------
I congratulate Gov Stitt and the board for doing so, and I suggest other states do the same.

OklaaAAAaaaahoma, where the con's comes sweepin' down the plain
And them paroles, can be complete
When ceo blows wind right behind that train

OklaaaAAAAaahoma, ev'ry night my parole officer and I
Sit alone and talk, and watch a hawk
Makin' lazy circles in the sky

~S~

More than 400 inmates across Oklahoma were being released from prison Monday in what the governor's office calls the largest single-day mass commutation in the nation's history.

The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board approved the commutations Friday and forwarded them to Gov. Kevin Stitt, a former mortgage company CEO who was elected in 2018. The board voted unanimously to recommend that the sentences of 527 state inmates be commuted, with 462 of those inmates slated to walk out of prison Monday and 65 others being held on detainer.

Hundreds of Oklahoma inmates being released Monday in largest commutation in U.S. history
-----------------------------------------
I congratulate Gov Stitt and the board for doing so, and I suggest other states do the same.
Nice!

Forum List

Back