More than 11,000 Syrian children killed in civil war, report says

Who are those rebels? Where are they from. Who is giving them money and weapons?

There was never a civil war in Gaza.

Those original rebels were echnic Syrians before the Iranians and Lebanese and Chechens came to 'help'.

Of course it was a civil war. 2 years ago the 'rebels' were protesters, that until Assad started butchering his own people.

I think we are being misled.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hCZMFCBU_4]Syria Doomed? 'Invasion planned long ago' - YouTube[/ame]

You missed my point. I don't say this conflict is clean from outside involvement. I said that it started as simple protest that lost control.

Those original rebels were echnic Syrians before the Iranians and Lebanese and Chechens came to 'help'.

Of course it was a civil war. 2 years ago the 'rebels' were protesters, that until Assad started butchering his own people.

I think we are being misled.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hCZMFCBU_4]Syria Doomed? 'Invasion planned long ago' - YouTube[/ame]

You missed my point. I don't say this conflict is clean from outside involvement. I said that it started as simple protest that lost control.

That may or may not be true. Syria is on the list of countries planned to be taken out. It has been years in the planning. Foreign involvement started early on.

That may or may not be true. Syria is on the list of countries planned to be taken out. It has been years in the planning. Foreign involvement started early on.

And it won't end anytime soon.

Just goes to prove the wisdom of Golda Meir who said peace will come when the Arabs learn to love their own children more than they hate us.

If they'd quit hiding behind their kids maybe there wouldn't be so many kids killed!

That's exactly why all foreign arms sales/giveaways must stop.
Russia, America and all the others should keep their fat noses out and allow the weapons stock to drop to nothing.

There are about 178,000 in the Syrian army and an estimate of around 100,000 rebels.

The population of Syria is around 22 million or so.

In other words, about 300,000 bastards, commanded by a dozen or two greedy bastards, are destroying life for millions and even greedier arms merchants are helping them along because idiotic government policy makes it easy for them.

What a wonderful world.
It's not about the weapons. It's about a government using the military to slaughter it's own people, and the world doing nothing about it, until the situation got totally out of control and Al Queda stepped in.

Russia, America and all the others should keep their fat noses out and allow the weapons stock to drop to nothing.

There are about 178,000 in the Syrian army and an estimate of around 100,000 rebels.

In other words, about 300,000 bastards, commanded by a dozen or two greedy bastards, are destroying life for millions and even greedier arms merchants are helping them along because idiotic government policy makes it easy for them.

What a wonderful world.
It's not about the weapons. It's about a government using the military to slaughter it's own people, and the world doing nothing about it, until the situation got totally out of control and Al Queda stepped in.

I think it's more then that - not that simple. The civil war in Syria - and that is effectively what it is - also seems seems to be turning into proxy war for outside powers to influence the region: Russia, Iran, US, EU etc. If everyone stopped providing arms - one side or the other might eventually win or be forced to come to terms with each other. But the arms industry is a huge financial complex. They are likely benefiting from conflicts like these.

The other thing is your statement about the world doing nothing about it. I've heard comparisons made to Libya and Iraq - but the situation is very different in that the Syrian regime has a very well equipped military, particularly it's airforce making options like no-fly zones difficult to enforce.

What could it have done about it and who should they support? There seem to be no clear "good guys" and no consistent alliances amongst the factions to support. Should the regime be supported despite what it's done? Are it's opponents any better?

I'm beginning to think without strong decisive action by the international community, we could very well see WW3 coming out of the MidEast.

Naw, the Korean war, Vietnam war, and the Soviet war in Afghanistan, were all proxy wars by outside nations and didn't lead to WWIII

So I doubt the Syrian war will bring about a global conflict. .... :cool:

Looks like a higher number than the 7,000 I thought were killed. In fact, since this article was written a month ago, the number is probably higher now.

By Steve Almasy, CNN
updated 11:16 AM EST, Sun November 24, 2013

(CNN) -- More than 11,000 children have been killed in the nearly three-year civil war in Syria, including young boys and girls who were tortured and executed, according to a report from a London-based think tank.

The Oxford Research Group said that most of the 11,420 children reported dead were killed in explosions, and many others were shot to death.

Teenage boys were most likely to be the victims of targeted killings, according to the report, entitled "Stolen Futures: The Hidden Toll of Child Casualties in Syria."

To continue reading, go to:

Syrian civil war has seen 11,000 children killed, report says - CNN.com

Many are being offed by jihadists, Please tell me you understand this?

Naw, the Korean war, Vietnam war, and the Soviet war in Afghanistan, were all proxy wars by outside nations and didn't lead to WWIII

So I doubt the Syrian war will bring about a global conflict. .... :cool:

I hope you are right :)

What a wonderful world.

It's sounds pathetic when you point it out that way. But the world has no interest in getting involved, because whoever does, will be blamed for any future disaster, if occured.

Trouble is, so many countries are involved.
A mix of silly political ideals and fat bags of cash has allowed arms sales from Russia, America and a bunch of other places.

And, yes, it is pathetic but so sad with it.
As usual, a few are destroying the lives of millions.

Syrian troop have evacuated 5000 Alawite and Druse from Adra. It was claimed that Nusra had been killing civilians from those sects.

Probably about the time the Cold War ended.
911 kicked it off

"In Clark's book, Winning Modern Wars, published in 2003, he describes his conversation with a military officer in the Pentagon shortly after 9/11 regarding a plan to attack seven Middle Eastern countries in five years: 'As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia,Sudan and finishing off Iran.'"

Wesley Clark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a wonderful world.
It's about the US and NATO redrawing the borders of the New Middle East, as evidenced by the Bush administration's initial approval of government funding and training for opposition forces in Syria, and Israel's heroic failure to occupy Lebanon as far as the Litani river, both in 2006.

"The architects of our modern system of manufactured consent and official propaganda have long known the importance of the mass media in framing public opinion on any given event.

"To the pathocrats who blazed the trail toward our modern era of information warfare and opinion control, facts themselves were malleable, subject not to objective reality but to the way they were perceived and internalized by a credulous public.

"As Ivy Lee, the man that the Rockefellers hired to invent the modern PR industry after the Ludlow massacre, put it:

“It is not the facts alone that strike the popular mind, but the way in which they take place and in which they are published that kindle the imagination…Besides, what is a fact?

"The effort to state an absolute fact is simply an attempt to…give you my interpretation of the facts.”

"This disdain for the public and the psychopathic ease with which elected officials lie to their electorate is nowhere more apparent than when a democracy attempts to rally its citizens to support a war of aggression abroad.

"If truth is the first casualty of war, the battlefield where that casualty takes place is in the mind of the liars’ own citizenry."

Media Disinformation and the Framing of the Syrian War | Global Research

Forum List

Back