More signs of catastrophic collapse of pacific ocean food chain come to us from the Independent medi

June 2008

1. Previous article in issue: High Latitude Changes in Ice Dynamics and Their Impact on Polar Marine Ecosystems

2. Next article in issue: Index of Contributors
View issue TOC
Volume 1134, The Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology 2008
Pages 320–342

Ocean Acidification and Its Potential Effects on Marine Ecosystems
Authors

Abstract

Ocean acidification is rapidly changing the carbonate system of the world oceans. Past mass extinction events have been linked to ocean acidification, and the current rate of change in seawater chemistry is unprecedented. Evidence suggests that these changes will have significant consequences for marine taxa, particularly those that build skeletons, shells, and tests of biogenic calcium carbonate. Potential changes in species distributions and abundances could propagate through multiple trophic levels of marine food webs, though research into the long-term ecosystem impacts of ocean acidification is in its infancy. This review attempts to provide a general synthesis of known and/or hypothesized biological and ecosystem responses to increasing ocean acidification. Marine taxa covered in this review include tropical reef-building corals, cold-water corals, crustose coralline algae, Halimeda, benthic mollusks, echinoderms, coccolithophores, foraminifera, pteropods, seagrasses, jellyfishes, and fishes. The risk of irreversible ecosystem changes due to ocean acidification should enlighten the ongoing CO2emissions debate and make it clear that the human dependence on fossil fuels must end quickly. Political will and significant large-scale investment in clean-energy technologies are essential if we are to avoid the most damaging effects of human-induced climate change, including ocean acidification.

Many, many scientific articles on the damage that the acidification of the oceans is doing to food chain. The GHGs are affecting far more than just the atmosphere.

Aragonite Undersaturation in the Arctic Ocean: Effects of Ocean Acidification and Sea Ice Melt
  1. Michiyo Yamamoto-Kawai1,*,
  2. Fiona A. McLaughlin1,
  3. Eddy C. Carmack1,
  4. Shigeto Nishino2,
  5. Koji Shimada2,3

See all authors and affiliations

Science 20 Nov 2009:
Vol. 326, Issue 5956, pp. 1098-1100
DOI: 10.1126/science.1174190

Abstract

The increase in anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions and attendant increase in ocean acidification and sea ice melt act together to decrease the saturation state of calcium carbonate in the Canada Basin of the Arctic Ocean. In 2008, surface waters were undersaturated with respect to aragonite, a relatively soluble form of calcium carbonate found in plankton and invertebrates. Undersaturation was found to be a direct consequence of the recent extensive melting of sea ice in the Canada Basin. In addition, the retreat of the ice edge well past the shelf-break has produced conditions favorable to enhanced upwelling of subsurface, aragonite-undersaturated water onto the Arctic continental shelf. Undersaturation will affect both planktonic and benthic calcifying biota and therefore the composition of the Arctic ecosystem.

Aragonite Undersaturation in the Arctic Ocean: Effects of Ocean Acidification and Sea Ice Melt

And I can give you many more articles where the changing climate is negatively affecting the oceans.

Even as far away as Japan, after a Nuclear disaster, the affect on fish is insignificant.

Five Years After The Fukushima Disaster, the Fish Are Proliferating | VICE News

The radioactive isotopes that the Fukushima nuclear plant emitted haven't caused major problems for the local marine ecosystem so far because they either had short half lives — so they've decayed into harmlessness — or ocean currents pulled them out and diffused them throughout the Pacific Ocean, said Fisher. "There's a dilution," he said.

June 2008

View issue TOC
Volume 1134, The Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology 2008
Pages 320–342

Ocean Acidification and Its Potential Effects on Marine Ecosystems

Authors

Abstract

Ocean acidification is rapidly changing the carbonate system of the world oceans. Past mass extinction events have been linked to ocean acidification, and the current rate of change in seawater chemistry is unprecedented. Evidence suggests that these changes will have significant consequences for marine taxa, particularly those that build skeletons, shells, and tests of biogenic calcium carbonate. Potential changes in species distributions and abundances could propagate through multiple trophic levels of marine food webs, though research into the long-term ecosystem impacts of ocean acidification is in its infancy. This review attempts to provide a general synthesis of known and/or hypothesized biological and ecosystem responses to increasing ocean acidification. Marine taxa covered in this review include tropical reef-building corals, cold-water corals, crustose coralline algae, Halimeda, benthic mollusks, echinoderms, coccolithophores, foraminifera, pteropods, seagrasses, jellyfishes, and fishes. The risk of irreversible ecosystem changes due to ocean acidification should enlighten the ongoing CO2emissions debate and make it clear that the human dependence on fossil fuels must end quickly. Political will and significant large-scale investment in clean-energy technologies are essential if we are to avoid the most damaging effects of human-induced climate change, including ocean acidification.

Many, many scientific articles on the damage that the acidification of the oceans is doing to food chain. The GHGs are affecting far more than just the atmosphere.
A link to an Abstract alone, proves nothing, it is a headline at best. We need content if we are to take anything you say serious. You think this is something that supports your ridiculous claims, than post the complete text, not just the tiny headline, the abstract.

Get bent electra, if you are not smart enough to understand that trash contains harmfull chemicals that kill and sicken both people and animals then you have the iq of a rock. Pollution is a problem and it does need addressed. I know of some brown sites you can hang out in and we can let nature take it's course and then we will have one less fucking idiot to contend with on this site.
You believe we are dumping cars into the rivers and oceans? That this is problem? How about showing us where this is happening? Certainly we need the scientists to address how we can correct this. So go ahead, do something other than insult, address the point, I state that cars being dumped into our waterways is not a problem, you have taken issue with that, so show us where this is a problem.
Learn about the water cycle dunbass then come back and talk to me. Water is a universal solvent dumb fuck it disolves everything but gold and as water travels from our land fills into ditches it then flows to rivers and the ocean. There is a dead zone the size of Conneticut in the Gulf of Mexico as we speak. How about the Ohio river. Here is a link to some photos from the 1970's ohio river pollution 1970s - Google Search: And yes we dump cars and all kinds of things in rivers and oceans all over the planet. Look into mercury pollution from rotting ships. You are a dumb fuck. Yes we do need a scientist to figure out to get rid of the many pollutants because they become microscopic in size and cover vast areas, bending over and picking up will not worlk.

slide-40-of-115-a-car-dealership-is-covered-by-hurricane-harvey-floodwaters-near-houston-texas-augus_153266_.jpg

• Michiyo Yamamoto-Kawai1,*,
    • Fiona A. McLaughlin1,
    • Eddy C. Carmack1,
    • Shigeto Nishino2,
    • Koji Shimada2,3
See all authors and affiliations

Science 20 Nov 2009:
Vol. 326, Issue 5956, pp. 1098-1100
DOI: 10.1126/science.1174190

Abstract

The increase in anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions and attendant increase in ocean acidification and sea ice melt act together to decrease the saturation state of calcium carbonate in the Canada Basin of the Arctic Ocean. In 2008, surface waters were undersaturated with respect to aragonite, a relatively soluble form of calcium carbonate found in plankton and invertebrates. Undersaturation was found to be a direct consequence of the recent extensive melting of sea ice in the Canada Basin. In addition, the retreat of the ice edge well past the shelf-break has produced conditions favorable to enhanced upwelling of subsurface, aragonite-undersaturated water onto the Arctic continental shelf. Undersaturation will affect both planktonic and benthic calcifying biota and therefore the composition of the Arctic ecosystem.

And I can give you many more articles where the changing climate is negatively affecting the oceans.
Is this all you got? A google search with no thought or effort on your part? I am sorry, but just because you can cut/paste from a google search hardly shows that the Global Warming hypothesis is fact.

Learn about the water cycle dunbass then come back and talk to me. Water is a universal solvent dumb fuck it disolves everything but gold and as water travels from our land fills into ditches it then flows to rivers and the ocean. There is a dead zone the size of Conneticut in the Gulf of Mexico as we speak. How about the Ohio river. Here is a link to some photos from the 1970's ohio river pollution 1970s - Google Search: And yes we dump cars and all kinds of things in rivers and oceans all over the planet. Look into mercury pollution from rotting ships. You are a dumb fuck. Yes we do need a scientist to figure out to get rid of the many pollutants because they become microscopic in size and cover vast areas, bending over and picking up will not worlk.
Learn? How about you, I commented on a post that states that the dumping of cars in our waterways is a problem, you responded to that post.

Just out of curiosity, what is a "dunbass"?
Did you mean to write "dissolve"? I am unfamiliar with "disolve"?

And as long as "Water is the Universal Solvent", as you state, we hardly need a scientist to figure out how to get a car out of a river? Right.

Mercury pollution, it comes from rotting ships? I think you mean, "corroding" ships? Yes? Either way I will help you out, burning Coal is a bigger source of Mercury than "rotting" ships. Something else we do not need a scientist to tell us.

Learn? How about you, I commented on a post that states that the dumping of cars in our waterways is a problem, you responded to that post.

Just out of curiosity, what is a "dunbass"?
Did you mean to write "dissolve"? I am unfamiliar with "disolve"?

And as long as "Water is the Universal Solvent", as you state, we hardly need a scientist to figure out how to get a car out of a river? Right.

Mercury pollution, it comes from rotting ships? I think you mean, "corroding" ships? Yes? Either way I will help you out, burning Coal is a bigger source of Mercury than "rotting" ships. Something else we do not need a scientist to tell us.
Pretty hard to argue with photos
Actually, it is easy to argue with photos. That is not a river where cars were dumped. Is that the best you can come up? You believe these cars are causing the collapse of the Pacific Ocean, best get a scientist to figure out a way to solve the problem in this picture.
Follow the thread, you replied to a statement that dumpin plastic, cars, etc (ect meaning all other types of polution ) into water ways is a problem, not just dumping cars. You stated it is not a problem and did not need adressed. I see from your statement that coal creates more polution, that you must understand that polution is a problem. So maybe there is a comunication problem. If you do in fact belive that polution is not a problem, then I stand by my get bent and you are an idiot statement.

Pretty hard to argue with photos
Actually, it is easy to argue with photos. That is not a river where cars were dumped. Is that the best you can come up? You believe these cars are causing the collapse of the Pacific Ocean, best get a scientist to figure out a way to solve the problem in this picture.
If you belive that no cars are intentionaly dumped any where, I have some land in FLorida for sale. Yes, this photo shows an example of hazaredous material being distributed to areas we do not want them, whether intentional or not.

Follow the thread, you replied to a statement that dumpin plastic, cars, etc (ect meaning all other types of polution ) into water ways is a problem, not just dumping cars. You stated it is not a problem and did not need adressed. I see from your statement that coal creates more polution, that you must understand that polution is a problem. So maybe there is a comunication problem. If you do in fact belive that polution is not a problem, then I stand by my get bent and you are an idiot statement.
Nobody is dumping cars into the Oceans and Rivers, period. That is not a problem in our world. As far as pollution, we do not need scientists to study what creates pollution nor how we can address pollution. They have already studied the problem of pollution, for more than half a century.

Dumping cars in the waterways is problem? If that is what you believe than that is very sad indeed.

member: 56416"]
slide-40-of-115-a-car-dealership-is-covered-by-hurricane-harvey-floodwaters-near-houston-texas-augus_153266_.jpg

If you belive that no cars are intentionaly dumped any where, I have some land in FLorida for sale. Yes, this photo shows an example of hazaredous material being distributed to areas we do not want them, whether intentional or not.

Those cars were "intentionally" dumped?

Which river is that, the Mississippi?

You are right, only a scientist can fix the problem in your picture.

Forum List

Back