More liberals than conservatives favor violence

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Jordan Peterson shares poll liberals support political violence - TheBlaze

It is an odd thing. Conservatives fight for their gun rights, but the vast majority want to avoid violence.

According to a recent poll, about 96% of conservatives said that violence should not be used in protesting while only 66% of liberals polled agreed.

But considering what we have seen thus far, this should not be surprising.

1615740301122.png

Yea, did not see any fires in DC January 6th and it was only one protest.

I am not surprised. As a gun-owning conservative, all I want is to live in peace. I don't own a gun so I can go out and shoot somebody for whatever reason, I own it so I can defend myself and my family in my own home. Hopefully that will never happen, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be helpless while other people of whatever color or creed do their worst to me and mine.

It is an odd thing. Conservatives fight for their gun rights, but the vast majority want to avoid violence.

According to a recent poll, about 96% of conservatives said that violence should not be used in protesting while only 66% of liberals polled agreed.

View attachment 467660

BLM's/etc go to is violence--that's when of the reasons their culture is self destructive

View attachment 467660

No, we just saw an attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election. Served with a heaping side dish of 40 years of pent up white grievances.
And no violence was avoided on January 6th. Again, who needs guns when you have the sheer numbers?

View attachment 467660

No, we just saw an attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election. Served with a heaping side dish of 40 years of pent up white grievances.
And no violence was avoided on January 6th. Again, who needs guns when you have the sheer numbers?
..you are all over the place and do not make sense

View attachment 467660

Awfully convenient that the data for the poll in unavailable. This one isn't...

After the ballots are counted: Conspiracies, political violence, and American exceptionalism - The Survey Center on American Life

A majority (56 percent) of Republicans support the use of force as a way to arrest the decline of the traditional American way of life. Forty-three percent of Republicans express opposition to this idea. Significantly fewer independents (35 percent) and Democrats (22 percent) say the use of force is necessary to stop the disappearance of traditional American values and way of life.​
Although most Americans reject the use of violence to achieve political ends, there is still significant support for it among the public. Nearly three in 10 (29 percent) Americans completely or somewhat agree with the statement: “If elected leaders will not protect America, the people must do it themselves even if it requires taking violent actions.” More than two-thirds (68 percent) of Americans disagree with this statement.​
The use of violence finds somewhat more support among Republicans than Democrats, although most Republicans oppose it. Roughly four in 10 (39 percent) Republicans support Americans taking violent actions if elected leaders fail to act. Sixty percent of Republicans oppose this idea. Thirty-one percent of independents and 17 percent of Democrats also support taking violent actions if elected leaders do not defend the country.​

Not at all surprised by this....leftist regimes are violent regimes, made up of violent people.

Not at all surprised by this....leftist regimes are violent regimes, made up of violent people.
The use of violence finds somewhat more support among Republicans than Democrats, although most Republicans oppose it. Roughly four in 10 (39 percent) Republicans support Americans taking violent actions if elected leaders fail to act. Sixty percent of Republicans oppose this idea. Thirty-one percent of independents and 17 percent of Democrats also support taking violent actions if elected leaders do not defend the country.​

All y'all do is watch the channels, read the news, and listen to the pundits who say things that make you feel good. It's a feedback loop where they tell you you're the best and coolest and smartest and you're like "Yeah!".

"Don't worry viewer, Liberals are more violent than you!" - Tucker "YEAH!" - Voters
"Don't worry viewer, it was Antifa that raided the capital not us!" - Tucker "YEAH!" - Voters
"Don't worry viewer, Trump didn't lose and will be back March 4th!" - Internet "YEAH!" - Voters

All y'all do is watch the channels, read the news, and listen to the pundits who say things that make you feel good. It's a feedback loop where they tell you you're the best and coolest and smartest and you're like "Yeah!".

"Don't worry viewer, Liberals are more violent than you!" - Tucker "YEAH!" - Voters
"Don't worry viewer, it was Antifa that raided the capital not us!" - Tucker "YEAH!" - Voters
"Don't worry viewer, Trump didn't lose and will be back March 4th!" - Internet "YEAH!" - Voters

Ignorant and opinionated is no way to go through life.

That seems very specific to the issue of defending the the country.

THe study in the OP highlights that libs are much more inclined to use violence to get their political goals...which frankly history has shown to be true....not just recent history with the four years of violence, by the left, but the Civil War, KKK etc...and even overseas, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Castro and the list goes on

View attachment 467660

If all the robbers, sucker punchers, and looters were polled, they would probably mostly be proud "liberals."

View attachment 467660

Did "sheer numbers" kill someone?

what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants

Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back