Montana becomes first state to completely ban TikTok

I don't have TicTok. I've seen nothing of interest. If the government banned it, well, then I would find an interest to download it.
It seems odd to me that you would take the position that you'd only do something if it were illegal...but I am not all that surprised it tends to be the view of dembots to ignore the rule of law.

interesting...I don't think doing business with a Chinese company is an "essential liberty" - why do you think doing business with China is essential to your liberty?

Personally, I think it's essential, that as an American, I can live free from foreign interfere or threats in my life. I don't know if TicTok is one, but I certainly believe my Govt can regulate trade with them, to ensure my essential liberty of being free from a foreign threat is protected.

You on the other hand, oddly, think it's essential that China has the ability to do whatever it wants here I guess...

This is not about China, this is about the US where we are supposed to have freedom.

I think the freedom to choose what one choose to use for entertainment is a liberty that should be not taken away unless it is harming someone else.

I do not use TikTok, but I think people should have the freedom to do so as it is not harming anyone.

It seems odd to me that you would take the position that you'd only do something if it were illegal...but I am not all that surprised it tends to be the view of dembots to ignore the rule of law.

I believe in protesting the governments over reactions to things it simply doesn't like.

Many people do not like being told what to do and rebel against it.

When I was in high school Ozzy was coming to our town and after a month about 1/3 of the tickets had sold. Then some parents found out about the bat thing and tried to get him banned. Tickets sold out in a an hour after that.

This is not about China, this is about the US where we are supposed to have freedom.

I think the freedom to choose what one choose to use for entertainment is a liberty that should be not taken away unless it is harming someone else.

I do not use TikTok, but I think people should have the freedom to do so as it is not harming anyone.
of course it's about China....it's about the Govts ability to regulate foreign commerce. The Govt absolutely has that power. It was one of the limited powers we as a society have given the Federal Govt.

You are free to enjoy your entertainment.....if you like the platform tic tok provides, you are free to create the business, heck, use an American company like Facebook.....but it's not at all an abuse of Govt to regulate trade with foreign nations.

of course it's about China....it's about the Govts ability to regulate foreign commerce. The Govt absolutely has that power. It was one of the limited powers we as a society have given the Federal Govt.

You are free to enjoy your entertainment.....if you like the platform tic tok provides, you are free to create the business, heck, use an American company like Facebook.....but it's not at all an abuse of Govt to regulate trade with foreign nations.

It is an abuse when they over regulate trade with foreign nations.

Many people do not like being told what to do and rebel against it.

When I was in high school Ozzy was coming to our town and after a month about 1/3 of the tickets had sold. Then some parents found out about the bat thing and tried to get him banned. Tickets sold out in a an hour after that.
Cool story....

Ok, how is this any different from a state prohibiting a predatory lender, or gambling service from doing business in their state?

It is different because predatory lending can be shown to cause harm to others. That is not the case with TikTok.

If a state outlawed all gambling services it would be different as they did not target one specific one. If they just outlawed one and allowed the rest that would be the same as what they are doing now.

Forum List

Back