Montana becomes first state to completely ban TikTok

Are you really that dumb? Leave hypotheticals to alone, you’re not clever enough

If the App is outlawed in the state, would not one be breaking the law if they had it on their phone while in the state?

and the step further is the problem.

Yes, I know. One more example of how there is no difference between the two parites.

I criticize actions, not words.
what's the problem? The Govt can limit foreign businesses from operating in the United States. A foreign business has no right to do business here.

what's the problem? The Govt can limit foreign businesses from operating in the United States. A foreign business has no right to do business here.

If you are a big government loving nanny state supporter there is no problem at all with this.

It's another example of how no one really supports "free markets" but still think it's a great slogan.

If the App is outlawed in the state, would not one be breaking the law if they had it on their phone while in the state?
It depends on how the legislation is written. I haven't read it. Have you?

I think there might be issues with it, in regards to interstate commerce, if challenged, at least until or if the Dems get their national tic tok ban passed in Congress.

I think there might be issues with it, in regards to interstate commerce, if challenged, at least until or if the Dems get their national tic tok ban passed in Congress.

Which will be shot down by SCOTUS

If you are a big government loving nanny state supporter there is no problem at all with this.
one doessn't have to be for big govt for simply wanting to put American interest and business ahead of foreign national businesses. One of the, if not the main function of Govt, limited Govt even, is to simply protect the interest of the governed...ie citizens, from foreign threats.

Try again

Which will be shot down by SCOTUS
The MT law? Maybe under the theory of interestate comm. The Feds law, could stand up to Constitutional muster if passed....foreign businesses have no right to do business here, and the US Congress under Art 1 Section 8 can regulate trade with foreign nations.

one doessn't have to be for big govt for simply wanting to put American interest and business ahead of foreign national businesses. One of the, if not the main function of Govt, limited Govt even, is to simply protect the interest of the governed...ie citizens, from foreign threats.

Try again

Yes, that is the nanny state. You need them to protect you as you cannot be trusted to make these sorts of decisions for yourself.

Show us that in the law dummy…

Is your mouse broken?

1684412051387.png

Yes, that is the nanny state. You need them to protect you as you cannot be trusted to make these sorts of decisions for yourself.
haha well, we as a society give up some of our soveignity to the State, for things like protection from foreign threats, at a very limited level of Govt, we do that...because we want to be able to enjoy daily life, trade etc, without having to worry if China or Venezula is going to try and harm us....

You can call that "nanny state" - I guess, if you want a complete anachy type society, and fend totally for yourself...i suspect that would be a great way to weed out a lot of the population...I don't think a lot of posters here would make it...

haha well, we as a society give up some of our soveignity to the State, for things like protection from foreign threats

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

No, a Federal ban would be shot down by SCOTUS
why? example to me.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3:

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes; . . .

US Constitution.

So if Congress has the power to regulate commerce with foreign nations, why can't they ban it?

why? example to me.

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes; . . .

US Constitution.

So if Congress has the power to regulate commerce with foreign nations, why can't they ban it?

How many products in your home are made in China? I am betting a good 50% or more, including whatever device you are using to join this forum.

why? example to me.

US Constitution.

I don't have TicTok. I've seen nothing of interest. If the government banned it, well, then I would find an interest to download it.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
interesting...I don't think doing business with a Chinese company is an "essential liberty" - why do you think doing business with China is essential to your liberty?

Personally, I think it's essential, that as an American, I can live free from foreign interfere or threats in my life. I don't know if TicTok is one, but I certainly believe my Govt can regulate trade with them, to ensure my essential liberty of being free from a foreign threat is protected.

You on the other hand, oddly, think it's essential that China has the ability to do whatever it wants here I guess...

Forum List

Back