Money: The root of all evil?

And still remains just as true every time.

It's total horseshit and always has been.

You can read the truth here:

Ayn Rand admired serial killer William Hickman Myth Debunked | ObjectoBot
Nice site Bripat. Tough to convince those (Old Rocks) who choose to not think.
Here's another site worth a look at.
Objectivist Living

As for the Rand bashers:
The highest tribute to Ayn Rand is that her critics must distort everything she stood for in order to attack her. She advocated reason, not force; the individual's rights to freedom of action, speech, & association; self-responsibility, NOT self-indulgence; & a live-and-let-live society in which each individual is treated as an END, not the MEANS of others' ends. How many critics would dare honestly state these ideas and say, " . . .and that's what I reject"?

And she foolishly took it for granted that everyone on earth was as pure as the wind driven snow.
Face it, she was a sociopath who expressed her ideas in sentences that come across like an autistic teenager.

BTW, it's moral for two extremely talented business people to commit adultery.
That's Objective Realism for ya!
Sociopath!

The following is Francisco’s Money Speech, from the book Atlas Shrugged.
Keep in mind that those advocating "redistribution of wealth" are essentially looting the productive for the sake of the unproductive.

“So you think that money is the root of all evil?” said Francisco d’Anconia. “Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?

“When you accept money in payment for your effort, you do so only on the conviction that you will exchange it for the product of the effort of others. It is not the moochers or the looters who give value to money. Not an ocean of tears not all the guns in the world can transform those pieces of paper in your wallet into the bread you will need to survive tomorrow. Those pieces of paper, which should have been gold, are a token of honor–your claim upon the energy of the men who produce. Your wallet is your statement of hope that somewhere in the world around you there are men who will not default on that moral principle which is the root of money, Is this what you consider evil?

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material. "Francisco's Money Speech" | Capitalism MagazineCapitalism Magazine

Money being the "root of all evil" is as foolish as "power corrupts".
In both cases attempts are made to excuse responsibility ... And in favor of weakness.

Money is not evil ... It only facilitates evil when the person is weak and lacks moral standing.
Power does not corrupt ... It only allows influence in the hands of the weak to facilitate corruption ... With their power the weak influence the masses through corruption.

Money could be the root of all good, if you think about it.

I want as much money as I can earn in salary,in investments.
Improves my life and those that benefit from my spending it and investing it.
The charities I would be able to donate to,my family I can help.

Liberals don't like that.
They don't want me to have "too much" of my money.
Liberals want government to have as much of my money as possible because government
will spend that money better.

We need to fight against that.

It's total horseshit and always has been.

You can read the truth here:

Ayn Rand admired serial killer William Hickman Myth Debunked | ObjectoBot
Objectivist Living

As for the Rand bashers:
The highest tribute to Ayn Rand is that her critics must distort everything she stood for in order to attack her. She advocated reason, not force; the individual's rights to freedom of action, speech, & association; self-responsibility, NOT self-indulgence; & a live-and-let-live society in which each individual is treated as an END, not the MEANS of others' ends. How many critics would dare honestly state these ideas and say, " . . .and that's what I reject"?

And she foolishly took it for granted that everyone on earth was as pure as the wind driven snow.
Face it, she was a sociopath who expressed her ideas in sentences that come across like an autistic teenager.

Sociopath!

Face it, Ayn Rand described envious servile toadies like you to a 'T' and that's why you hate her.

Objectivist Living

As for the Rand bashers:

Sociopath!

Face it, Ayn Rand described envious servile toadies like you to a 'T' and that's why you hate her.

Hate her?
She was pathetic.
And under her influence Alan Greenspan caused the worst depression in US history.

BTW, how's that portfolio doing under Obama?
You must be raking it in under the Communist.

"BTW, it's moral for two extremely talented business people to commit adultery."

You didn't address miss Objective Realism on this point.

Sociopath!

Hate her?
She was pathetic.
And under her influence Alan Greenspan caused the worst depression in US history.

How was she "pathetic?" I mean, how could she possibly be as pathetic as you?

I want as much money as I can earn in salary,in investments.
Improves my life and those that benefit from my spending it and investing it.
The charities I would be able to donate to,my family I can help.

Liberals don't like that.
They don't want me to have "too much" of my money.
Liberals want government to have as much of my money as possible because government
will spend that money better.

We need to fight against that.

Yes. They want to FORCE you to be your Brothers Keeper.

Sociopath!

Hate her?
She was pathetic.

Wow, another non-rebuttal rebuttal to what she specifically advocated. Are u always so "intellectual"? lol
BTW As for Greenspan, he sold out his principles he learned from her for power.

Last edited:

Yes, for it is the LOVE of money, that can be the root of all evil. With money, comes power and if used wisely, can be of great noble strides and if used unwisely, power will corrupt.

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.......John Dalberg-Acton

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdeerOUBNzc]Bigelf - "Money, It's Pure Evil" - YouTube[/ame]

First time I've seen a Mod weigh-in. Am just a noob here, but in my experience, it's better for Mods and site-staff to create a non-staff account for participating in discussion threads. Since these things can get personal and incendiary quickly, a Mod may take things personally and react punitively with their Mod authority instead of as the user who was weighing-in. Just a suggestion, I could be wrong. :)

The following is Francisco’s Money Speech, from the book Atlas Shrugged.
Keep in mind that those advocating "redistribution of wealth" are essentially looting the productive for the sake of the unproductive.

“So you think that money is the root of all evil?” said Francisco d’Anconia. “Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?

“When you accept money in payment for your effort, you do so only on the conviction that you will exchange it for the product of the effort of others. It is not the moochers or the looters who give value to money. Not an ocean of tears not all the guns in the world can transform those pieces of paper in your wallet into the bread you will need to survive tomorrow. Those pieces of paper, which should have been gold, are a token of honor–your claim upon the energy of the men who produce. Your wallet is your statement of hope that somewhere in the world around you there are men who will not default on that moral principle which is the root of money, Is this what you consider evil?

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material. "Francisco's Money Speech" | Capitalism MagazineCapitalism Magazine

Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GK_fRM8SO0]1 of 2 Money, the root of all evil? Francisco d'Anconia - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlyE0KRgbg4]2 of 2 Money, the root of all evil? Francisco d'Anconia - YouTube[/ame]

It's the love of money that's the root of all evil. When we recognize it for the tool it is and not as an obsession that we would do anything for, we can do much godo with it. When it's all we care about, it does produce alot of evils. Not because money is bad but because our relationship with it is.

Amazing it took this many posts for someone to state the correct answer.

Sad at how few are literate on the scripures.

Forum List

Back