Modern Scrubbing Technology - Why fossil fuels are not extinct..

What does that have to do with today? Nothing. You won't even look at the earth's climate record over the last 10 million years when the only time in earth's history ice appeared on it northern polar axis. Do you think ice in a polar region where ice has never been recorded in the geologic record might have an effect on the planet's climate? Of course it does. Transitioning from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet is literally the biggest climate change in the past 50 million years and it occurred only 3 to 5 million years ago. And you just want to totally ignore and dismiss it. Why? What do you think Toro? Does this sound right to you? Don't be shy because it'll hurt your friend's feelings.

View attachment 743761

ding

My belief is that global warming is probably man-made, but I don't really know nor do I care much. It doesn't make my list of The Top 100 Things That I dave About. So I rarely comment.

I do believe that transitioning away from oil to something better is positive. Oil is nasty. It causes cancer and all sorts of respiratory diseases. It also empowers countries that are fundamentally hostile to us. It would be awesome if all cars could be made with flux capacitors.

However, my belief - and this I believe strongly - is that the transition away from fossil fuels to renewables may be the biggest policy disaster in history. This transition has been mostly emotional and very ill-thought out. We've Got To Save The Planet At Any Cost Or We'll All Die has demonized fossil fuels to the point that few want to invest in it. And because people aren't investing in it, we are likely not to have enough oil over the next few decades. What is society going to look like if oil goes to $1000 a barrel, even if just temporarily? What's going to happen when power generation goes down for weeks on end? Those aren't predictions but they're non-zero probabilities. Societies go to war over shit like this.

I'm continuing to search for investing opportunities in oil and gas. It's my biggest exposure by far of my liquid net worth.

Last edited:
My belief is that global warming is probably man-made
And you are an idiot for believing that because you've never made an effort to understand it. I have. My opinion is based upon geologic evidence. Your opinion is based upon someone who built a computer model - that was designed to spit out the answer they wanted - telling you what to believe without actually investigating it.

And you are an idiot for believing that because you've never made an effort to understand it. I have. My opinion is based upon geologic evidence. Your opinion is based upon someone who built a computer model - that was designed to spit out the answer they wanted - telling you what to believe without actually investigating it.

I don't have time to investigate everything. It doesn't really interest me. I don't care.

FFS and you say I'm a pompous ass! Look in the mirror, $5.99 Church Lady! Get over your sad butthurt!

Dog GFY.GIF

I don't have time to investigate everything. It doesn't really interest me. I don't care.

FFS and you say I'm a pompous ass! Look in the mirror, $5.99 Church Lady! Get over your sad butthurt!

View attachment 743868
You haven't investigated anything though. Nada, zip, zero. Arguing you don't have the time to do everything is a poor excuse for doing nothing. I'm not butt hurt. I'm telling you like it is. Does being corrected make you butt hurt? Because you sure are acting like it.

Scrubbing Technology is as clean as emissions for nuclear power.

When you take into account for the mining and other processes to create the power you find out nothing is 100% clean. Not even the windmills and solar panels. Everyone fails to understand that or purposely ignores these emissions to push their agenda.

What we see from cooling towers is almost exactly what we see from an exhaust that is properly scrubbed. CO2 is a non-issue. when we look at this emitting of gases.

We have the ability to use everything under our feet wisely and cleanly. Villainizing fossil fuels is the act of ignorance.

You haven't investigated anything though. Nada, zip, zero. Arguing you don't have the time to do everything is a poor excuse for doing nothing. I'm not butt hurt. I'm telling you like it is. Does being corrected make you butt hurt? Because you sure are acting like it.
And that is the problem with most people. They do not understand it so they place their trust where it might not be a valid place to put it.

When you take into account for the mining and other processes to create the power you find out nothing is 100% clean. Not even the windmills and solar panels. Everyone fails to understand that or purposely ignores these emissions to push their agenda.

What we see from cooling towers is almost exactly what we see from an exhaust that is properly scrubbed. CO2 is a non-issue. when we look at this emitting of gases.

We have the ability to use everything under our feet wisely and cleanly. Villainizing fossil fuels is the act of ignorance.

Even when you consider the evaporation chemical reaction.

no steam turbine power plant will ever match the reliability of solar PV panels. There's just no competing with no moving parts.
That a unique - i.e. cherry picked way - of looking at reliability. How would you determine efficiency and runtime percentage for solar?

Really?

How many hours a year does a typical solar panel produce power?
How many hours for a nat gas or coal plant?
That the sun goes down does not impact the reliability of a solar panel any more than does the performance of a fossil fuel power plant that has no fuel. When the sun rises and when the coal or gas gets delivered, they both resume work with no repairs required.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back