Moderation in Moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Having recently eaten a ban, I came back to learn that it was for a war of words I was having in a particular thread with another member. But there’s more

2. I also learned that I had An accumulated point total for infractions that made the ban a requirement? It would be nice to have been given notice of any such infractions.

3. Is there a way we can see what we have in terms of totals? The Mods also know when the points expire. But the rest of us don’t.

4. I know for a fact (because a mod shared it with me) that I have one that was set to expire in April. ??? But I believe that one shouldn’t have even been given since it involved some infractions I couldn’t have been aware of (issued during the prior ban). ???

5. The section explaining all the rules and mod options appears to be very out of date. Update time?

6. I recognize that Modulators don’t wish to have their actions open for discussion, generally, but right now Mod actions are a bit like a Star Chamber. Done in secret and kept in the dark.

Isn’t some degree of transparency a better option? Isn’t some way to discuss a “ban” (or any infraction) prior to its imposition a bit more fair and just plain reasonable?

and before anyone says it to me, I’ll say it: Yes, Yes. Of course I could temper my use of language a bit better and comport my posting behavior closer to the rules. But sometimes the trolls and idiots deserve a taste of their own medicine. This doesn’t call for the issuance of infractions so much. Hell, even a Highway Patrol cop can hand out a warning instead of a ticket sometimes.

peace out.
A 7 day suspension makes me reflect on my faults and failures at USMB. To appreciate and love my fellow posters more. To cherish my Moderators better.

Why shouldn't they? My problem is when issuing a warning etc they inject their personal hatreds towards me when it us totally unprofessional to do that.
They are basically little Hitler's and should not have that power while allowed to participate also. Its a conflict of interest

it should be their job to reject outright lies that are posted for inflammatory reasons but they won't because nearly all posters are republicans and so are the moderators. There should be forum standards not double standards.
LOLOL................You little faggot bitch. This place is so loosely moderated. My God. You still wear PJs with an opening in the ass?

1. Having recently eaten a ban, I came back to learn that it was for a war of words I was having in a particular thread with another member. But there’s more

2. I also learned that I had An accumulated point total for infractions that made the ban a requirement? It would be nice to have been given notice of any such infractions.

3. Is there a way we can see what we have in terms of totals? The Mods also know when the points expire. But the rest of us don’t.

4. I know for a fact (because a mod shared it with me) that I have one that was set to expire in April. ??? But I believe that one shouldn’t have even been given since it involved some infractions I couldn’t have been aware of (issued during the prior ban). ???

5. The section explaining all the rules and mod options appears to be very out of date. Update time?

6. I recognize that Modulators don’t wish to have their actions open for discussion, generally, but right now Mod actions are a bit like a Star Chamber. Done in secret and kept in the dark.

Isn’t some degree of transparency a better option? Isn’t some way to discuss a “ban” (or any infraction) prior to its imposition a bit more fair and just plain reasonable?

and before anyone says it to me, I’ll say it: Yes, Yes. Of course I could temper my use of language a bit better and comport my posting behavior closer to the rules. But sometimes the trolls and idiots deserve a taste of their own medicine. This doesn’t call for the issuance of infractions so much. Hell, even a Highway Patrol cop can hand out a warning instead of a ticket sometimes.

peace out.
Pissin' in the wind.

Capricious tyrants gonna tyrant capriciously.

I must ask, how in the world do you get banned here? This place is like the wild-west compared to most boards.

Sorry you got yourself:

Qq5JFdw.gif

You do need to realize, Colin, that it is extraordinarily difficult not to hate you.
You can say the same about democrats and you often do. That is not the point.
You guys have had a unchallenged forum for a long time so admit it, its the fact I can pull you guys to pieces in no time and you don't like it. Its democrats you hate.
If you weren't telling lies and hypocrisy, I would have nothing to say.
It happens every day on here and you let it pass because it originates from brain dead lying republicans. The same happens from moderators.
But the irony is, you are nearly all religious freaks and bleating gently about being kind to your fellow man then viciously attack me because I'm an atheist. Its like it's a war. Wheres my right to free speech?
No doubt you have seen a hundred times how I've pointed out the hypocrisy. It happens every day but you never learn, you never think before you post. Its all about blurting rubbish without recalling history.

My labelling of Trump supporters as now communist supporters is a classic example. There's the hypocrisy and unpatriotic but simultaneously condemn democrats for being fascist. Can you see that?

That aside, i don't care if I'm hated with a passion. I see the bile and venom dripping from the lips of repigs every day so let's not say its only me.

I don't hate anyone in here. I enjoy the banter and the few people who have treated me decently, I have reciprocated.
I can also see, unless you are deceiving me, you are not like they are but we'll find out. I refuse to sugar coat anything because of your religion or politics. I sm never extended that luxury.

My point is, its my forceful political view, my ability to remember events, hypocrisy and lies which would incur their wrath.
That is without doubt.

Good to talk comrade.
Cheers.

You can say the same about democrats and you often do. That is not the point.
You guys have had a unchallenged forum for a long time so admit it, its the fact I can pull you guys to pieces in no time and you don't like it. Its democrats you hate.
If you weren't telling lies and hypocrisy, I would have nothing to say.
It happens every day on here and you let it pass because it originates from brain dead lying republicans. The same happens from moderators.
But the irony is, you are nearly all religious freaks and bleating gently about being kind to your fellow man then viciously attack me because I'm an atheist. Its like it's a war. Wheres my right to free speech?
No doubt you have seen a hundred times how I've pointed out the hypocrisy. It happens every day but you never learn, you never think before you post. Its all about blurting rubbish without recalling history.

My labelling of Trump supporters as now communist supporters is a classic example. There's the hypocrisy and unpatriotic but simultaneously condemn democrats for being fascist. Can you see that?

That aside, i don't care if I'm hated with a passion. I see the bile and venom dripping from the lips of repigs every day so let's not say its only me.

I don't hate anyone in here. I enjoy the banter and the few people who have treated me decently, I have reciprocated.
I can also see, unless you are deceiving me, you are not like they are but we'll find out. I refuse to sugar coat anything because of your religion or politics. I sm never extended that luxury.

My point is, its my forceful political view, my ability to remember events, hypocrisy and lies which would incur their wrath.
That is without doubt.

Good to talk comrade.
Cheers.
........and your Mom still calls you her special boy.

You forgot to mention that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back