Moderation in Moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
1. Having recently eaten a ban, I came back to learn that it was for a war of words I was having in a particular thread with another member. But there’s more

2. I also learned that I had An accumulated point total for infractions that made the ban a requirement? It would be nice to have been given notice of any such infractions.

3. Is there a way we can see what we have in terms of totals? The Mods also know when the points expire. But the rest of us don’t.

4. I know for a fact (because a mod shared it with me) that I have one that was set to expire in April. ??? But I believe that one shouldn’t have even been given since it involved some infractions I couldn’t have been aware of (issued during the prior ban). ???

5. The section explaining all the rules and mod options appears to be very out of date. Update time?

6. I recognize that Modulators don’t wish to have their actions open for discussion, generally, but right now Mod actions are a bit like a Star Chamber. Done in secret and kept in the dark.

Isn’t some degree of transparency a better option? Isn’t some way to discuss a “ban” (or any infraction) prior to its imposition a bit more fair and just plain reasonable?

and before anyone says it to me, I’ll say it: Yes, Yes. Of course I could temper my use of language a bit better and comport my posting behavior closer to the rules. But sometimes the trolls and idiots deserve a taste of their own medicine. This doesn’t call for the issuance of infractions so much. Hell, even a Highway Patrol cop can hand out a warning instead of a ticket sometimes.

peace out.

Last edited:
1. Having recently eaten a ban, I came back to learn that it was for a war of words I was having in a particular thread with another member. But there’s more

2. I also learned that I had An accumulated point total for infractions that made the ban a requirement? It would be nice to have been given notice of any such infractions.

3. Is there a way we can see what we have in terms of totals? The Mods also know when the points expire. But the rest of us don’t.

4. I know for a fact (because a mod shared it with me) that I have one that was set to expire in April. ??? But I believe that one shouldn’t have even been given since it involved some infractions I couldn’t have been aware of (issued during the prior ban). ???

5. The section explaining all the rules and mod options appears to be very out of date. Update time?

6. I recognize that Modulators don’t wish to have their actions open for discussion, generally, but right now Mod actions are a bit like a Star Chamber. Done in secret and kept in the dark.

Isn’t some degree of transparency a better option? Isn’t some way to discuss a “ban” (or any infraction) prior to its imposition a bit more fair and just plain reasonable?

and before anyone says it to me, I’ll say it: Yes, Yes. Of course I could temper my use of language a bit better and comport my posting behavior closer to the rules. But sometimes the trolls and idiots deserve a taste of their own medicine. This doesn’t call for the issuance of infractions so much. Hell, even a Highway Patrol cop can hand out a warning instead of a ticket sometimes.

peace out.
Most forums I've been on, the member is notified of infractions and there is a feature where only the member can see their infractions and points. Plus the point system is defined in the forum rules.

I never violate any thread standards and levels of discussion, so I generally ignore whatever excuses some moderator makes for bans and post deletions as mere sniveling buthurtness on their part. Usually the bans are because you made one of their pets cry.

peace out.
Double Secret probation

peace out.
I can’t say I’m glad your back, because I’m not. My guess is you’ll be banned again in short order.

Most forums I've been on, the member is notified of infractions and there is a feature where only the member can see their infractions and points. Plus the point system is defined in the forum rules.
The only time I saw my points was when a mod showed me one screen shot. One of the infractions was for ignoring prior warnings. But I had never gotten any warnings. (A claim I could prove because I was out on a ban at the time they arrived and we can’t see our pm’s while on a ban because we can’t even sign in during a ban).

I have more recently gotten some notices about a post or three getting yanked. But they don’t say diddly dog about points being assigned on that basis. And if you have some accumulated points but can’t see that special page, then you can’t know the tally or when they expire.

Again, I’m not even quibbling about the ban. It’s history. I’m more interested now in getting a bit of transparency and fairness into the process even if it’s limited to having some right to be heard and to have other mods make a group call to overturn a particular ban. (Along to the instant replay in Major League Baseball).

The problem isn’t necessarily any one ban. I got one even I had to agree was justified. The problem is that if you are on the short end of the stick on a questionable call, there is no way to have it reviewed. And that rubs me the wrong way.

Vaporize him!
thor-avengers.gif

peace out.

You should just try posting outrageous things that get the attention of the three-letter acronym federal agencies. You'll get your own special "vault" on here and get on a bunch naughty of lists. But you won't get banned because they're always waiting to see what kind of shit you're going to come up with next.

It's worked for me so far. :laughing0301:

Why shouldn't they? My problem is when issuing a warning etc they inject their personal hatreds towards me when it us totally unprofessional to do that.
They are basically little Hitler's and should not have that power while allowed to participate also. Its a conflict of interest

and before anyone says it to me, I’ll say it: Yes, Yes. Of course I could temper my use of language a bit better and comport my posting behavior closer to the rules. But sometimes the trolls and idiots deserve a taste of their own medicine.
it should be their job to reject outright lies that are posted for inflammatory reasons but they won't because nearly all posters are republicans and so are the moderators. There should be forum standards not double standards.
This doesn’t call for the issuance of infractions so much. Hell, even a Highway Patrol cop can hand out a warning instead of a ticket sometimes.

peace out.

Why shouldn't they? My problem is when issuing a warning etc they inject their personal hatreds towards me when it us totally unprofessional to do that.
They are basically little Hitler's and should not have that power while allowed to participate also. Its a conflict of interest

it should be their job to reject outright lies that are posted for inflammatory reasons but they won't because nearly all posters are republicans and so are the moderators. There should be forum standards not double standards.
Imagine that....

Looks like you're making your case, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back