Moderates determined the Presidential Election!

The Democrats are much smarter than Republicans in that they understand that politics and policy exist in two separate universes. The average voter is dumber than a doornail* and has to be enticed by bread and circuses. Once the election is over, all that BS is thrown out the window and a new game is started. The GOP is still trying to reason with a diminishing number of listeners.

*Example: Obama is more "moderate" than Romney, LOL.

Last edited:
Is that a yes or a no? While you're working on that,

did Romney lose in Florida because he's too moderate? in Virginia? in Wisconsin? in Ohio? in Michigan?

Notice how the cockbreath ducks the most simple of questions which destroys his meme.

This is way, way too easy sometimes.

LOL

You didn't answer the original question. Did Akin lose because he was too moderate?

Yes or no.

Once you answered that, I can answer your question.

No. He lost because he is strong right to life who fell into a semantic trap that permitted abortionists to say he found rape to be tolerable.

As the majority of women are pro-life, his larger position is mainstream.

Now, answer my question.

Actually.. what won it for Obamalama was the only economic demographic that he won.. those making under 50K... otherwise known as those who want to see others pay for their government, those who most likely receive entitlements, and those who most likely pay no federal income tax and with no stake in the game could not possibly care less about what government spends and who they take it from

Moderates always determine the election.

Unions and minorities determined this election, they weren't moderates who might've voted republican. Plus the democrats ran a very negative campaign against Romney, who did not adequately respond. One could also make a serious argument that the MSM had a lot to do with determining the election outcome too.

The unions? Come on Wiseacre, you're much smarter than that in my opinion. The unions have been on the decline since the 1980s. Their power is waning and isn't quite the same when compared to the 60's-70's. Their percentage of the workforce is down to around 11%.

Yeah, but they sure do have a lot of money to spend on campaign ads. And they have a lot of influence in places like Ohio and Nevada and Michigan. They are a big part of the democrat ground game that got people out to vote for the dems.

Anyway, what I was addressing are how much an ideology can be out of touch with the majority of Americans and that in itself hurts them. To be driven by extremist views will not appeal to the majority. So why do it? Our elected officials are supposed to public servants, not servants to an ideology.

Aren't you kinda contradicting yourself? Is it the moderates or is it the extremists who are in charge? I assume you're talking about extremists in both parties, who will not budge at all from their positions. I'm sure all of them firmly believe they are acting in the country's best interests, regardless of which side they're on. The sad part is that the voting public is electing too many of these wingnuts.

Notice how the cockbreath ducks the most simple of questions which destroys his meme.

This is way, way too easy sometimes.

LOL

You didn't answer the original question. Did Akin lose because he was too moderate?

Yes or no.

Once you answered that, I can answer your question.

No. He lost because he is strong right to life who fell into a semantic trap that permitted abortionists to say he found rape to be tolerable.

As the majority of women are pro-life, his larger position is mainstream.

Now, answer my question.

Okay so he didn't lose because he was too moderate. He lost because he was too far to the right.

McCaskill won 67% of the moderate vote.

Claire McCaskill Wins Missouri Senate Race - ABC News

Moderates are just liberals too chickenshit to admit it.

That is not true at all.
Myself, I voted for Republicans for prez (write-in for Jon Huntsman), US Representative and State Representative. Of course all three were moderates.

All three, Liberals.

LOL

Only in your mind.
Man, if someone doesn't goose-step to your ideology, well then they must be liberals! :lol: You just have a problem with people who think after looking at the Big Picture. You prefer those who just follow narrow views.
With that simpleton view, expect to be on the wrong side of the stick for a long time..

That is not true at all.
Myself, I voted for Republicans for prez (write-in for Jon Huntsman), US Representative and State Representative. Of course all three were moderates.

All three, Liberals.

LOL

Only in your mind.
Man, if someone doesn't goose-step to your ideology, well then they must be liberals! :lol: You just have a problem with people who think after looking at the Big Picture. You prefer those who just follow narrow views.
With that simpleton view, expect to be on the wrong side of the stick for a long time..

Was Mitt Romney nomination as GOP POTUS- a Northeastern Moderate by everyone's measure - proof that your thread meme is fucking retarded, or not?

LOL

Wow, can't believe I'm reading the same ol self delusional 47%ers, media consiracy, dumb voters, excuses...
doesn't bode well for a resurgance of the Republican Party.

Get outside of your Fox News, Scotty Rassmussen, Rush Limbaugh cave every now and then. Heck, call it "opposition research" and listen to what is really going on in America today. Until you understand how you lost - you can't correct your mistakes and actually win.

If the positions you hold that so many feel are intrusive, mean-spirited, and extreme are "core values" that you cannot compromise on, then you are going to have to either win more people over to your position, or give up on ever winning the White House.

And you can't win people over to your position by poo-pooing, rolling your eyes, calling them stupid, or marginalizing them and their positions.

Need some motivation to stop making lame excuses and to seriously re-evaluate how you relate to mainstream America? Try letting these three words roll off your tongue: President Hillary Clinton

If you don't expand your support by either softening your positions or becoming a lot more pursuasive in winning more people over to your current positions - it's gonna happen.

The unions? Come on Wiseacre, you're much smarter than that in my opinion. The unions have been on the decline since the 1980s. Their power is waning and isn't quite the same when compared to the 60's-70's. Their percentage of the workforce is down to around 11%.

Anyway, what I was addressing are how much an ideology can be out of touch with the majority of Americans and that in itself hurts them. To be driven by extremist views will not appeal to the majority. So why do it? Our elected officials are supposed to public servants, not servants to an ideology.

Was Romney a moderate, or not, or does the obvious answer to the question destroy your bullshit meme thread?

It doesn't matter what Romney was or wasn't. What matters is what he was painted to be. Until people recognize that and clean house in the media, elections will become more and more divided.
His OWN campaign painted him as an Etch-A-Sketch!!!

Last edited:
The Democrats are much smarter than Republicans in that they understand that politics and policy exist in two separate universes. The average voter is dumber than a doornail* and has to be enticed by bread and circuses. Once the election is over, all that BS is thrown out the window and a new game is started. The GOP is still trying to reason with a diminishing number of listeners.

*Example: Obama is more "moderate" than Romney, LOL.

Well it would depend on which Mitt Romney we're talking about now wouldn't it?

According to exit polls, Moderates/the center determined the election.

"In effect, the pragmatic center reasserted itself on Tuesday. According to exit polls, a plurality of voters, 41%, were moderates, and they favored Obama by 15 points. In general, voters viewed Obama as more for the middle class and Republicans as tilting toward the interests of the rich. They did not accept Romney's claims that Obama has been an incompetent economic manager; nearly half the voters instead blamed the weak economy on his predecessor"
The GOP's real problem is ideology - CNN.com

Both parties should take note of the voting block known as the center. Both parties have been controlled by the fringe block which really doesn't appeal to the center.
Will the GOP do what they have done when they lose and move more to the right? That would be political suicide.
Will the Dems misread the election results and push a fringe agenda?
Will either party actually make an honest attempt to put country first and seriously work at compromising with the other side to address the fiscal cliff that America has in front of it? If either party wants a future, they should make a strong effort to actually compromise because that's what a huge majority of Americans want.
The future is in the hands of both the left and right, yet the majority is the middle. Who will react to the majority?
The bottomline is, whatever party can appease their base to a point but appeases to the center the most, will become the better positioned to lead the country into the future.

Word.

But the ideologically-blinkered partisan True Believers will tell us that its because Romney wasn't conservative enough, or they didn't get enough conservatives out, or some other nonsense.

Moderates always determine the election.

Those voters who call themselves Independent are the growing voter majority as the those voters who call themselves Republican or Democrat are shrinking.
Read the Crystal Ball, it's not that tough to figure out.

Independent and Moderate are not synonymous.

On election night, Fox News showed exit polls concluding that 41% of the electorate called themselves "Moderates."

Obama won Moderates by 20 points in 2008.

Kerry won Moderates by 9 points in 2004, despite losing overall.

Self-identified moderates in this country are on balance left of center. That's one more reason the GOP's lurch to the right is doing so much damage to that party.

I believe that's wrong. Moderates tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal, though of course, some are the opposite.

According to exit polls, Moderates/the center determined the election.

"In effect, the pragmatic center reasserted itself on Tuesday. According to exit polls, a plurality of voters, 41%, were moderates, and they favored Obama by 15 points. In general, voters viewed Obama as more for the middle class and Republicans as tilting toward the interests of the rich. They did not accept Romney's claims that Obama has been an incompetent economic manager; nearly half the voters instead blamed the weak economy on his predecessor"
The GOP's real problem is ideology - CNN.com

Both parties should take note of the voting block known as the center. Both parties have been controlled by the fringe block which really doesn't appeal to the center.
Will the GOP do what they have done when they lose and move more to the right? That would be political suicide.
Will the Dems misread the election results and push a fringe agenda?
Will either party actually make an honest attempt to put country first and seriously work at compromising with the other side to address the fiscal cliff that America has in front of it? If either party wants a future, they should make a strong effort to actually compromise because that's what a huge majority of Americans want.
The future is in the hands of both the left and right, yet the majority is the middle. Who will react to the majority?
The bottomline is, whatever party can appease their base to a point but appeases to the center the most, will become the better positioned to lead the country into the future.

NOOOO! That cannot be true! The Tea Baggers have clearly pointed out that the reason Willard lost was he was not "severly conservative" enough! It is obvious that the Party needs to move further to the right. That would do the trick. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back