MOD ANNOUNCEMENT -- Kavanaugh Hearing on Thursday.

As a protest against this mod fascism, I refuse to bump this thread.

I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.I love our mods.

Greg

As we've done in the past for elections and hearings, there will ONE OFFICIAL thread for comments, opinions, updates on tomorrow's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee..
OFFICIAL -- Kavanaugh Judiciary Committee Thread -- Thurs Sept 27th 2018

After closing, moving, or merging over 200 threads these past 5 days on the topic -- we're out of patience. Other threads will be closed. Repeat violators will be warned.

This thread will be OPENED by 10AM tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. All threads between now and then will be merged and placed in the "Senate Judiciary Peanut Gallery" thread --- which will CLOSE when this thread opens. Use that one now -- if you can't wait.

The Kavanaugh Hearing Peanut Gallery..

DO NOT POST other threads on this until Friday. And those MAY still be subject to merge and warnings if folks are STILL not complying with using existing open threads on the topic.

DO NOT USE CURRENT EVENTS FORUM for this event..
The more threads, the more posters, the more posts, the more ads that can be shown, the MORE money your owners can make, on this site...

Some times, when things and topics are hot and seemingly out of control.... I personally would just let 'em fly... it's good for business... and this is a business!

just some fuel for thought...

--------------------------

Also, one or two massive threads on a really hot topic, with hundreds or thousands of posts,

some times... it drowns out, 'the little guy's'' voice and thoughts.... imo.
Agree 100%. When a thread gets too massive your "important" words of wisdom get lost in the nonsense.

I hereby make the bold prediction that the left wingers will believe everything she says, the right wingers will believe nothing she says, and that the thread will devolve within ten (10) posts into just another childish, partisan insult-fest.

Prediction posted.

I am a paid professional. Do not try this at home.
45375328-attractive-young-muscle-man-smiling-with-muscular-body-in-santa-claus-s-red-hat-isolated-on-white-ba.jpg

As we've done in the past for elections and hearings, there will ONE OFFICIAL thread for comments, opinions, updates on tomorrow's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee..
OFFICIAL -- Kavanaugh Judiciary Committee Thread -- Thurs Sept 27th 2018

After closing, moving, or merging over 200 threads these past 5 days on the topic -- we're out of patience. Other threads will be closed. Repeat violators will be warned.

This thread will be OPENED by 10AM tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. All threads between now and then will be merged and placed in the "Senate Judiciary Peanut Gallery" thread --- which will CLOSE when this thread opens. Use that one now -- if you can't wait.

The Kavanaugh Hearing Peanut Gallery..

DO NOT POST other threads on this until Friday. And those MAY still be subject to merge and warnings if folks are STILL not complying with using existing open threads on the topic.

DO NOT USE CURRENT EVENTS FORUM for this event..
The more threads, the more posters, the more posts, the more ads that can be shown, the MORE money your owners can make, on this site...

Some times, when things and topics are hot and seemingly out of control.... I personally would just let 'em fly... it's good for business... and this is a business!

just some fuel for thought...

--------------------------

Also, one or two massive threads on a really hot topic, with hundreds or thousands of posts,

some times... it drowns out, 'the little guy's'' voice and thoughts.... imo.

Then it's all noise. Folks running from thread to thread to simply post drive-by redundant thoughts. Its a DISCUSSION board. A "Comment" doesn't necessarily support a whole new discussion when there's been over 200 threads attempted in just 5 days.

It's been nutz. If we hadn't closed or merged about 180 of those -- you could not even FIND whether your "topic" existed in the listings.
Isn't that why a rule was made that demands that a post within a given thread, be directly pertinent to the OP?

Thank God this day has arrived! By the end of the weekend, we can all be assured of one thing: that the level of division in this country gets ratcheted up by a factor of ten! A huge positive!!

Bump
Give us your dirty laundry, because you have to know when to hold them, and know when to fold them.

Rustic-Farmhouse-Style-Laundry-Room-Ideas.jpg

Not sure if this goes here but;

Two different men have independently claimed they were involved in the sexual encounter described by Christine Blasey Ford and not Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh, it has been revealed.

Both men claimed to the Senate Judiciary Committee that it was they who were involved in the incident at a high school party in 1982.

Two-men-claim-sexually-assaulted-Christine-Ford-not-Kavanaugh

I'm curious to see if this will be brought up today.

This is the problem when it comes to accusers with no substantial evidence... Any wacko(s) can come out of the woodwork to change their story.

I hereby make the bold prediction that the left wingers will believe everything she says, the right wingers will believe nothing she says, and that the thread will devolve within ten (10) posts into just another childish, partisan insult-fest.

Prediction posted.

45375328-attractive-young-muscle-man-smiling-with-muscular-body-in-santa-claus-s-red-hat-isolated-on-white-ba.jpg
Apparently that's not all you are.

Prediction posted.

Well for once this lady is glad the thread features a man not a woman with the cans hanging out. However I've never been one for all this beefcake. I wonder if it's just me. It indicates to me that a man spends too much time honing, oiling and staring at his muscles. Terrible husband and father material.

I've thought that since I've been a teenager fwiw.

So that's all I've got to say about that heh

Prediction posted.

Well for once this lady is glad the thread features a man not a woman with the cans hanging out. However I've never been one for all this beefcake. I wonder if it's just me. It indicates to me that a man spends too much time honing, oiling and staring at his muscles. Terrible husband and father material.

I've thought that since I've been a teenager fwiw.

So that's all I've got to say about that heh
He has, trust me.

upload_2018-9-27_15-26-41.png

Dr. Ford

I still don't get. what the hell is safe to post or not post, it seems anything having Kavanaugh's name in it gets locked or moved.

Yet another stay in the main feed of current events.

The Repubs have really hamstrung themselves this time. By letting the lady prosecutor ask all the questions, they're killing their own chances of asking truly probing ones.

But is Kavanaugh for or against Muslims being able to marry a 9 year old? That would be an important question to have answered. I hope they ask it.

The Repubs have really hamstrung themselves this time. By letting the lady prosecutor ask all the questions, they're killing their own chances of asking truly probing ones.

Yeah, but they are also avoiding the chances of being seen as a bunch of old white men bullying a defenseless woman. From what I've seen, she's coming across as a victim and the last thing the Repubs need is to look like they don't care.

But is Kavanaugh for or against Muslims being able to marry a 9 year old? That would be an important question to have answered. I hope they ask it.

That question has nothing to do with the duties of the Supreme Court.

[This is a duplicate post]

Kavanaugh Testimony

I [painfully] watched the whole thing. Here are my impressions.

Ballsy Ford

The Dims went out of their way to turn her into some kind of martyr. The GOP caved, using the prosecutor to low ball their questioning. Not once did anyone ask about her political activity on behalf of Shrillary or her participation in anti-Trump acts and demonstrations. These would’ve clearly shown the political reasoning behind her accusations and the way the Dim members of te committee handled it.

The Left trumpets her bravery in testifying and the Repubs failed to show how her intentions were purely political.

Did I believe her? Not one bit.

Judge Kavanaugh

His opening statement was powerful and his presentation was that of one who has been put through hell and had to watch the torture of his family. He not only laid out a credible defense but cited stuff to back himself up. I was amazed by his calendar and it left no doubt in my mind that his accuser was clearly wrong. If anything, his emotionalism made me uncomfortable and I have to admit to wondering how this experience will shade his judgment as an associate justice.

The Dims quickly showed their agreed-to tactic of trying to find the judge guilty by using the FBI investigation tactic. As per the previous hearing, it showed the emptiness and political desperation of the Dims.

I cringed and silently begged him to respond to the Dims question about whether or not he thought Ford’s accusation was political. “Of course it is!” I wanted him to answer.

Using the same prosecutor to ask questions of the judge as she did Ford really riled me. I was amazed and pleased as hell when Lindsay Graham said to hell with it and spoke up. I applauded him and sighed with relief that the remainder of the Repubs on the committee took their five minutes.

Did I believe him? You better believe it! Especially in that final segment when Senator Kennedy asked him to look him in the eye and swear to God whether or not the accuser was right. Kavanaugh’s response left no doubts in my mind.

My heart went out to the judge and the members of his family who have been put through hell by DimocRATic tactics. I think it will rouse conservatives and independents to vote red in November.

[This is a duplicate post]

Kavanaugh Testimony

I [painfully] watched the whole thing. Here are my impressions.

Ballsy Ford

The Dims went out of their way to turn her into some kind of martyr. The GOP caved, using the prosecutor to low ball their questioning. Not once did anyone ask about her political activity on behalf of Shrillary or her participation in anti-Trump acts and demonstrations. These would’ve clearly shown the political reasoning behind her accusations and the way the Dim members of te committee handled it.

The Left trumpets her bravery in testifying and the Repubs failed to show how her intentions were purely political.

Did I believe her? Not one bit.

Judge Kavanaugh

His opening statement was powerful and his presentation was that of one who has been put through hell and had to watch the torture of his family. He not only laid out a credible defense but cited stuff to back himself up. I was amazed by his calendar and it left no doubt in my mind that his accuser was clearly wrong. If anything, his emotionalism made me uncomfortable and I have to admit to wondering how this experience will shade his judgment as an associate justice.

The Dims quickly showed their agreed-to tactic of trying to find the judge guilty by using the FBI investigation tactic. As per the previous hearing, it showed the emptiness and political desperation of the Dims.

I cringed and silently begged him to respond to the Dims question about whether or not he thought Ford’s accusation was political. “Of course it is!” I wanted him to answer.

Using the same prosecutor to ask questions of the judge as she did Ford really riled me. I was amazed and pleased as hell when Lindsay Graham said to hell with it and spoke up. I applauded him and sighed with relief that the remainder of the Repubs on the committee took their five minutes.

Did I believe him? You better believe it! Especially in that final segment when Senator Kennedy asked him to look him in the eye and swear to God whether or not the accuser was right. Kavanaugh’s response left no doubts in my mind.

My heart went out to the judge and the members of his family who have been put through hell by DimocRATic tactics. I think it will rouse conservatives and independents to vote red in November.
I kept hoping he would tell the Dems to do their own job. As the accused; it isn’t incumbent upon Kavanaugh to petition anyone for an FBI investigation. That’s their job. He fighting his own battle. They can fight theirs...

Forum List

Back