Mitt Romney Warns Taxing Billionaires Will Cause Them To Buy Paintings Instead Of Stocks

If you want to bribe "the big guy", do you hand him a bag of cash.....or do you buy a "painting" from Hunter?
oh no doubt that scam is purely money laundering...

My comments on this thread have been about what Romney stated...and he is right

There is a fundamental problem because we exist at the whim of the Fiat Currency. And they who own the Federal Reserve are growing more and more powerful as we grow more and more dependent on them as we lose whatever is left of our foundation.

No argument here from me.

"Republican freakouts over taxes is nothing new since they've been doing it since 1980, but what is new are the ridiculous claims they make to try and screw the working class of this country. Romney immediately lied on Bret Baier's Fox News show when he said the Build Back Better Democratic legislation was not popular with the American people.

It certainly is. Especially taxing the very wealthy, of which Mitt Romney is a member. But his lies didn't stop there. Romney said,
"It's not a good idea to tax billionaires -- they're gonna look at it and say I don't wanna invest in the stock market because as that goes up I'm gonna get taxed -- so maybe I will instead invest in a ranch or in paintings or things that don't build jobs"

Reminder...this was the guy GOP voters were gung-ho about nominating and voting to be president less than 10 years ago....I wonder if conservatives will ever get tired of fearmongering about what billionaires will do if they are taxed.
My largest investment is my house...that is where most of my wealth is....when my property value goes up, my taxes go up....so it is insane to me that a guy who has a fucking elevator in his house for his cars believes that the wealthy shouldn't pay taxes on their wealth....trickle-down economics is not a thing, it doesn't work..never has...

But as much as the GOP base hates Mitt ....he knows that they will always be cheerleaders and worshipers of those with wealth.....even if it means voting against their own best interests....all for the sake of feeling like they belong to the team...
View attachment 556517

He is right about one thing. When you tax something, the wealthy shift their wealth away from that to something that isn't taxed as much. It's that pesky human nature high tax advocates never account for in their wishes.

He is right about one thing. When you tax something, the wealthy shift their wealth away from that to something that isn't taxed as much. It's that pesky human nature high tax advocates never account for in their wishes.
Yea, so we should just bow down to the whims of billionaires instead --- while talking all this shit about how the globalists elites rigged the system.....

That gets kind of tired and makes it obvious that the folks whining about the system being rigged don't really want to do shit about it....but profit off the anger of others....

Yea, so we should just bow down to the whims of billionaires instead --- while talking all this shit about how the globalists elites rigged the system.....

That gets kind of tired and makes it obvious that the folks whining about the system being rigged don't really want to do shit about it....but profit off the anger of others....

What do you want more, punishing billionaires or collecting tax revenue?

You can't ignore human nature. You can increase taxes on something, but if you make something less profitable, the wealthy won't invest as much.

Forum List

Back