Mitch McConnell Destroys Democrats' Hopes for a Senate Impeachment Trial

The impeachment stupidity is already dead on arrival..... in the Senate.

BY MATT MARGOLIS JAN 09, 2021

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK
He can call them in any time he wants.

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

Perhaps you should have read some law or history books instead. However much your masters have ordered you to excitedly believe that you can "get" Trump FINALLY, this ain't gonna happen.

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK

Yep, you're jumping for joy, whoa hold on a minute, can be taken up with the new senate, lol

Yeah to show what a stupid party the Democrats have become, with him out of office he is no longer subject to an impeachment and trial. There would be no standing in this case.

Better research that.

The way you "researched" it, by reading the talking points memo from your masters? No thanks.

Excerpt:

LINK

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.
Yes you can, you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Impeachment and conviction will strip him of ex-presidential perks, cement him as the worst president if all time and prevent him from ever holding a federal office again.

No YOU don't know the rules of the Impeachment process, it works ONLY if the person is in office, I have yet to get anything from you Trump haters to quote his telling the people to go into the Capital or be violent and threatening.

What YOU don't realize it that the standard for constitutionally based impeachment processed is being perverted, future impeachment efforts will be done much more easily for political reasons.

He isn't close to being the worst, that is stupid talk.

Just because you imagine something in your empty head does not mean it is so.

Yes, you can impeach after the person left office and it fact was ready done before.

Secretary of War, William Belknap, was impeached after he left office in 1876.

No it is based on the CONSTITION as I have pointed out:

The impeachment clause in the Constitution is cleverly vague: “Article II, Section 4 reads that “the President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

You are no legal scholar and neither are many so called scholars who amazingly miss that section, repeat for the willfully blind:

"....shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.....”

If Trump is already out of office, he can't be convicted.......

:cool:

You obviously don't know how to read. Nothing in that language prevents conviction. Removal from office is not a condition of conviction, it's AN OUTCOME of conviction.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Just as I expected, you IGNORED the words of the CONSTITUTION.

"....shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.....”

:auiqs.jpg:

Dummy, you are just repeating same ALREADY ADDRESSED point with no actual retort.

Excerpt:

LINK

Yep, you're jumping for joy, whoa hold on a minute, can be taken up with the new senate, lol

Yeah to show what a stupid party the Democrats have become, with him out of office he is no longer subject to an impeachment and trial. There would be no standing in this case.

Better research that.

The way you "researched" it, by reading the talking points memo from your masters? No thanks.

I have no masters but if it goes after Jan 20th and Biden wants them to continue they can.

Excerpt:

LINK

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.
Yes you can, you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Impeachment and conviction will strip him of ex-presidential perks, cement him as the worst president if all time and prevent him from ever holding a federal office again.

No YOU don't know the rules of the Impeachment process, it works ONLY if the person is in office, I have yet to get anything from you Trump haters to quote his telling the people to go into the Capital or be violent and threatening.

What YOU don't realize it that the standard for constitutionally based impeachment processed is being perverted, future impeachment efforts will be done much more easily for political reasons.

He isn't close to being the worst, that is stupid talk.

Just because you imagine something in your empty head does not mean it is so.

Yes, you can impeach after the person left office and it fact was ready done before.

Secretary of War, William Belknap, was impeached after he left office in 1876.

No it is based on the CONSTITION as I have pointed out:

The impeachment clause in the Constitution is cleverly vague: “Article II, Section 4 reads that “the President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

You are no legal scholar and neither are many so called scholars who amazingly miss that section, repeat for the willfully blind:

If Trump is already out of office, he can't be convicted.......

:cool:

Nothing in that language prevents conviction. Removal from office is not a condition of a conviction, it's AN OUTCOME of a conviction. Just because that outcome is moot, does not mean that the conviction is not allowed.

And like I said there is already a precedent from impeachment of someone who left office.

Which would be . . . ?

Excerpt:

LINK

Better research that.

I have no masters but if it goes after Jan 20th and Biden wants them to continue they can.

Oh, yeah, you're a free thinker, Debbie Dumbass, what with all your posts parroting verbatim whatever the fuck the leftists said in the media the day before. Very original and independent, you are.

So is that ring through your nose brass or steel?

Excerpt:

LINK

Better research that.

Oh, yeah, you're a free thinker, Debbie Dumbass, what with all your posts parroting verbatim whatever the fuck the leftists said in the media the day before. Very original and independent, you are.

Now, did I call you any names in that post? You wait and see if they want it to happen it will.

Excerpt:

LINK

The DemoKKKrats have made the mistake of starting to believe their own bullshit.

Excerpt:

LINK

"Look, I found an opinion piece on the Internet that agrees with me, so that makes it TRRUUUUUUEEE!!!!"

Oh, yeah. No masters for you. Uh huh.

Excerpt:

LINK

Better research that.

Now, did I call you any names in that post? You wait and see if they want it to happen it will.

Now, did I indicate that I gave a shit? You've been Debbie Dumbass ever since your first word on this board, and you've only gotten dumber every time you've polluted the space with your ignorance.

Thanks for indicating that at least you're aware that this has nothing to do with law or the proper exercise of power; it's just about "we can do whatever we want". Any time you take it into your head to play at some "moral outrage" regarding how people on the right behave from this point onward, please refer back to this post to understand that YOU are the evil that started it all, and shut the fuck up.

Excerpt:

LINK

"Look, I found an opinion piece on the Internet that agrees with me, so that makes it TRRUUUUUUEEE!!!!"

Oh, yeah. No masters for you. Uh huh.

Well, if you just paying attention to what Scalise was saying at the hearings less than 5 minutes ago you would know they can take it up in the new senate.

Excerpt:

LINK

Better research that.

Now, did I indicate that I gave a shit? You've been Debbie Dumbass ever since your first word on this board, and you've only gotten dumber every time you've polluted the space with your ignorance.

Thanks for indicating that at least you're aware that this has nothing to do with law or the proper exercise of power; it's just about "we can do whatever we want". Any time you take it into your head to play at some "moral outrage" regarding how people on the right behave from this point onward, please refer back to this post to understand that YOU are the evil that started it all, and shut the fuck up.

Are you posting in between watching the hearings or something else?

You do know you don't really know shit and are one of the idiots who get off on the trumpster.

Now, you posting all this shit like I ever said I was for impeachment, well I don't really give a shit one way or another. I hate trump and I'm sure I'd hate you if we ever met. You are nothing but a low life follower regardless who it may be.

Isn't that what you guys do all the time? Find some OP/ED from gateway pundit or another entertainment site and post it as if it means something?

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance.
Are you referring to Biden’s CCP connections? I would love to know what kind of deals they’ve made to keep quiet about things and that’s on both sides of the aisle.
Well, I didn't mention Biden or CCP (what is that). So the answer is no.
CandyCorn, aka CandyCane- Do you have to have a bribe of some sort to give your full answer? Only mind-readers would know what your post meant, thus I asked and it's a fair question. Now, if I wasn't familiar with your typical posts I might have skipped inquiring, but I know you can give more than that because usually you give too much-lol So, last time I'll ever ask, how is Mitch helping Biden? Please be specific so I can return a more concise reply.

Are you referring to Biden’s CCP connections? I would love to know what kind of deals they’ve made to keep quiet about things and that’s on both sides of the aisle.
CandyCorn, aka CandyCane- Do you have to have a bribe of some sort to give your full answer? Only mind-readers would know what your post meant, thus I asked and it's a fair question. Now, if I wasn't familiar with your typical posts I might have skipped inquiring, but I know you can give more than that because usually you give too much-lol So, last time I'll ever ask, how is Mitch helping Biden? Please be specific so I can return a more concise reply.

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance. Biden wants to move on from the blob. "The Blob" is Trump by the way.
By not dragging it out into Biden's honeymoon...it helps him.

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance. Biden wants to move on from the blob. "The Blob" is Trump by the way.
By not dragging it out into Biden's honeymoon...it helps him.
So, you believe the US Senate will vote yes for impeachment under Mitch within a week to help Biden? That is pretty mind-boggling actually, as surely it's easier to push the ball down the court knowing the senate will soon have a Dem majority. Both sides are well-versed in using full-court press type of tactics to one-up the other side. If you're right I'll admit to being more than surprised since the Reps are still in charge it doesn't make sense.

The senate actually can wait until after the inauguration.
When the Dems have the majority, Mitch can't hold it off
Impeachers probably still won't have enough to impeach.
;But, the senate side doesn't have to do it this session

Oh, they "actually" can, can they? Please cite the law and/or precedent telling you this. I'm afraid your wishful thinking doesn't quite get it done for me.
[/QUOTE

Lol, would someone please enlightened Cecil lie what side of the aisle I come from

Forum List

Back