Mitch McConnell Destroys Democrats' Hopes for a Senate Impeachment Trial

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance.
Are you referring to Biden’s CCP connections? I would love to know what kind of deals they’ve made to keep quiet about things and that’s on both sides of the aisle.
Well, I didn't mention Biden or CCP (what is that). So the answer is no.
CandyCorn, aka CandyCane- Do you have to have a bribe of some sort to give your full answer? Only mind-readers would know what your post meant, thus I asked and it's a fair question. Now, if I wasn't familiar with your typical posts I might have skipped inquiring, but I know you can give more than that because usually you give too much-lol So, last time I'll ever ask, how is Mitch helping Biden? Please be specific so I can return a more concise reply.

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance. Biden wants to move on from the blob. "The Blob" is Trump by the way.
By not dragging it out into Biden's honeymoon...it helps him.
So, you believe the US Senate will vote yes for impeachment under Mitch within a week to help Biden? That is pretty mind-boggling actually, as surely it's easier to push the ball down the court knowing the senate will soon have a Dem majority. Both sides are well-versed in using full-court press type of tactics to one-up the other side. If you're right I'll admit to being more than surprised since the Reps are still in charge it doesn't make sense.

Mitch may have changed his mind on the impeachment. When I wrote that on Saturday, he was against impeachment.

Letting the blob ooze out of office without comment would help Biden.

I think it's dawning on the turtle that having the Senate convict El-Blob-O is in the GOP's best interest going forward. Because Trump staying relevant will continue to fracture the GOP. I would wager he's whipping votes for an impeachment. Finding 17 GOP senators to walk the plank is going to be tricky.

Are you referring to Biden’s CCP connections? I would love to know what kind of deals they’ve made to keep quiet about things and that’s on both sides of the aisle.
CandyCorn, aka CandyCane- Do you have to have a bribe of some sort to give your full answer? Only mind-readers would know what your post meant, thus I asked and it's a fair question. Now, if I wasn't familiar with your typical posts I might have skipped inquiring, but I know you can give more than that because usually you give too much-lol So, last time I'll ever ask, how is Mitch helping Biden? Please be specific so I can return a more concise reply.

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance. Biden wants to move on from the blob. "The Blob" is Trump by the way.
So, you believe the US Senate will vote yes for impeachment under Mitch within a week to help Biden? That is pretty mind-boggling actually, as surely it's easier to push the ball down the court knowing the senate will soon have a Dem majority. Both sides are well-versed in using full-court press type of tactics to one-up the other side. If you're right I'll admit to being more than surprised since the Reps are still in charge it doesn't make sense.

Mitch may have changed his mind on the impeachment. When I wrote that on Saturday, he was against impeachment.

I think it's dawning on the turtle that having the Senate convict El-Blob-O is in the GOP's best interest going forward. Because Trump staying relevant will continue to fracture the GOP. I would wager he's whipping votes for an impeachment. Finding 17 GOP senators to walk the plank is going to be tricky.
Do you see the primary motive for impeachment is so he cannot run again in 2024? This is what I've concluded. I'd be surprised if he wants to run again, particularly since it appeared that had he truly wanted a win there were several things he could have done to almost ensure it. Even the timing of the things he did, or others did on his behalf, seemed a day late and a dollar or two short. Others versed in politics have said as much. One thing is obvious, Trump is loyal to those who are loyal to him, and in that he would never publicly say "No, I don't want another term" but I realize I'm bringing up possibilities that cannot be determined, at least not at this time.

Do you see the primary motive for impeachment is so he cannot run again in 2024? This is what I've concluded. I'd be surprised if he wants to run again, particularly since it appeared that had he truly wanted a win there were several things he could have done to almost ensure it. Even the timing of the things he did, or others did on his behalf, seemed a day late and a dollar or two short. Others versed in politics have said as much. One thing is obvious, Trump is loyal to those who are loyal to him, and in that he would never publicly say "No, I don't want another term" but I realize I'm bringing up possibilities that cannot be determined, at least not at this time.

Trump is loyal? Biggest laugh of the day. Thanks.

Trump wants attention. If he can't run, that costs him attention. He also wants the money that he could raise under the guise of mounting another run.

Trump wants attention. If he can't run, that costs him attention. He also wants the money that he could raise under the guise of mounting another run.
Hmm, you just lost a few points giving me that non-answer baloney. I am winning btw and love winning lol So, you're in the dark about Trump's loyalty? No way! Say it isn't so there ole boy! Wait a minute....hold the phone...you're telling me that you're not a supporter of Trump and you can't see his loyalty to his base LOL so now we've both had a good laugh;)

Hmm, you just lost a few points giving me that non-answer baloney. I am winning btw and love winning lol So, you're in the dark about Trump's loyalty? No way! Say it isn't so there ole boy! Wait a minute....hold the phone...you're telling me that you're not a supporter of Trump and you can't see his loyalty to his base LOL so now we've both had a good laugh;)

Oh you mean the thousands he just condemned for the actions he told them to undertake last week? That sort of loyalty?

Trump is loyal to one person...himself.

The impeachment stupidity is already dead on arrival..... in the Senate.

BY MATT MARGOLIS JAN 09, 2021

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK
He can call them in any time he wants.

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.

"Look, I found an opinion piece on the Internet that agrees with me, so that makes it TRRUUUUUUEEE!!!!"

Oh, yeah. No masters for you. Uh huh.

Well, if you just paying attention to what Scalise was saying at the hearings less than 5 minutes ago you would know they can take it up in the new senate.

Well, if you were capable of having a thought without having first had it said by someone famous, you might have thought to ask, "Is Steve Scalise a Constitutional expert? Does he actually know any more on this subject than any average person on the street?"

The impeachment stupidity is already dead on arrival..... in the Senate.

BY MATT MARGOLIS JAN 09, 2021

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK

Yep, you're jumping for joy, whoa hold on a minute, can be taken up with the new senate, lol

Yeah to show what a stupid party the Democrats have become, with him out of office he is no longer subject to an impeachment and trial. There would be no standing in this case.

Better research that.

The way you "researched" it, by reading the talking points memo from your masters? No thanks.

I have no masters but if it goes after Jan 20th and Biden wants them to continue they can.

Oh, yeah, you're a free thinker, Debbie Dumbass, what with all your posts parroting verbatim whatever the fuck the leftists said in the media the day before. Very original and independent, you are.

So is that ring through your nose brass or steel?

Now, did I call you any names in that post? You wait and see if they want it to happen it will.

Now, did I indicate that I gave a shit? You've been Debbie Dumbass ever since your first word on this board, and you've only gotten dumber every time you've polluted the space with your ignorance.

Thanks for indicating that at least you're aware that this has nothing to do with law or the proper exercise of power; it's just about "we can do whatever we want". Any time you take it into your head to play at some "moral outrage" regarding how people on the right behave from this point onward, please refer back to this post to understand that YOU are the evil that started it all, and shut the fuck up.

Are you posting in between watching the hearings or something else?

You do know you don't really know shit and are one of the idiots who get off on the trumpster.

Now, you posting all this shit like I ever said I was for impeachment, well I don't really give a shit one way or another. I hate trump and I'm sure I'd hate you if we ever met. You are nothing but a low life follower regardless who it may be.

Actually, I have a job, wherein I spend my day working on my employer's business rather than sitting on my couch, watching TV and scarfing Cheetos like some people. I post on my breaks, or while my computer is busy processing something. It works out well, because I don't actually require people on TV to tell me what to think - also unlike some people - and I really don't give a fiddly-fuck what some politician with no more expertise on a subject than I have thinks about it.

Forum List

Back